Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Farouk, are you a tattoo artist?
Not meaning to be judgemental here ok, but that would be pretty cheesy?
Tattoos are proscribed mostly bc the self-centered engage in them to draw attention to themselves?
knockknock, anyone home?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I voted a day or so ago opting for 18 - 25 based on what I said about witnessing.
If they prepare themselves well mentally for the experience of being inked in this way for witness purposes, some young Christian men and women are mature enough to go through the inking experience with resolve, aren't they?

D

Dave L

If they prepare themselves well mentally for the experience of being inked in this way for witness purposes, some young Christian men and women are mature enough to go through the inking experience with resolve, aren't they?
If done in faith they cannot lose.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If done in faith they cannot lose.
Done in this spirit, the ink injecting can be a wholesome, confidence building experience that may bring effective fruit in repeated testimony opportunities, can't it?

The young lady with whom my wife and I talked with the whole of John 3.16 worded in a tattoo on her wrist area seemed to exude a quite confidence, even though seemingly shy also. Such an attitude is nice to see in Christian young men and women.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The right messages would break the ice and invite dialog.
It certainly worked with my wife and me when we got to talk to the young lady with the John 3.16 wrist area tattoo; and presumably to others she has talked to.

Don't you find it hard to see how some Christians don't seem to understand the sheer effectiveness of such a tool in witnessing?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Between 26 and 40, I think a person would be more mature to know what they want on their body. I made more of my not so best decisions in my early 20's and definitely had a lot to grow in. I would probably have a nidorino ( my favorite Pokemon) or yugioh tattoo back then. And now, I feel yugioh has dark magic in it and Pokemon are a bit empty to be on my body though I like it. A pikachu may be a cute charm for my anklet. It could represent childhood innocence.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Between 26 and 40, I think a person would be more mature to know what they want on their body. I made more of my not so best decisions in my early 20's and definitely had a lot to grow in. I would probably have a nidorino ( my favorite Pokemon) or yugioh tattoo back then. And now, I feel yugioh has dark magic in it and Pokemon are a bit empty to be on my body though I like it. A pikachu may be a cute charm for my anklet. It could represent childhood innocence.
Sounds like you really want your inkings to be good, lasting, womanly experiences that are enduringly relevant, that you won't grow out of later.

A pikachu? Don't think I've heard of that; sounds a nice idea, anyway.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a cartoon I liked as a kid. I have the original 150 Pokemon card collection still. pass them on to my daughter. Nidorino was my favorite though

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
View attachment 6032

Would be hard to find a tattoo Id like though for that. Lol
Thanks. Seems that you really relish your past and future tattoo experiences, as a person with a tattoo journey already. Maybe if you really like that design, an artist at a local parlor could come up with something that would be a tattoo design that you'd really be comfortable with?

PS: I re-read your post and maybe you were saying that you wouldn't like that design.

Seems anyway like what you're really saying in your posts is that you think inkings should reflect, not adolescent girlish enthusiasm, but as a woman the maturity of a confidently inked adult in a planned design that's lasting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If you or anyone reading this were to dedicate your body to displaying one scripture as a witnessing means, what would it be?
To answer your question from before, John 3.16 is a fine verse; and this is what the young lady with whom my wife and I talked chose for tattooing her wrist area; it's my favorite verse also.

I also talked to a young man with the same verse tattooed on his arm.