Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Done in this spirit, the ink injecting can be a wholesome, confidence building experience that may bring effective fruit in repeated testimony opportunities, can't it?

The young lady with whom my wife and I talked with the whole of John 3.16 worded in a tattoo on her wrist area seemed to exude a quite confidence, even though seemingly shy also. Such an attitude is nice to see in Christian young men and women.

See, I think if something is to be permanent on my body, it has to have purpose. Because this is not my body, it is God's temple. I self injured for many years. And only God's grace is the reason I have very few scars to show for it. But it is why I don't see tattoos as piercings as the Bible says. Did they even have them back then? I think they meant cutting the flesh for ceremonial purposes or idol worship. Idk

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. Seems that you really relish your past and future tattoo experiences, as a person with a tattoo journey already. Maybe if you really like that design, an artist at a local parlor could come up with something that would be a tattoo design that you'd really be comfortable with?

PS: I re-read your post and maybe you were saying that you wouldn't like that design.

Seems anyway like what you're really saying in your posts is that you think inkings should reflect, not adolescent girlish enthusiasm, but as a woman the maturity of a confidently inked adult in a planned design that's lasting.

Wow that is deep. But yep. It expresses my thoughts on feelings on the matter

Reactions: farouk

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though "pikachu" is part of my personality. :) but maybe something a bit more mature adult to express that sweet childlike spirit God gave me. Not seemingly childish to some. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... a pretty individual thing, I suppose. I just hope whenever they decide to do it, they choose a tattoo artist worth his salt...
As per the OP quote, I guess it's thus compelling also to see how the many young Christian men and women who become inked in pursuit of witness-friendly faith based designs would wish that more Christians trained and participated in quality tattoo artist professional work (if this also makes sense?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No she and her family are about an hour away
Anyway, when you said you empathized with the really good talent in Christian tattoo art that you saw, I wondered if someone such as your daughter also who once aspired to contributing to such talent might also at least empathize with you over it, even if she's not now going to contribute to it herself?

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As per the OP quote, I guess it's thus compelling also to see how the many young Christian men and women who become inked in pursuit of witness-friendly faith based designs would wish that more Christians trained and participated in quality tattoo artist professional work (if this also makes sense?)

And how would you advertise that?! I can't imagine if they did it outright it would be hugely beneficial for them, todays culture being what it is. Perhaps word of mouth? But that's a terribly inefficient way of advertising. I wonder how many Churches would let you put up a flyer or something on the notice board...?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And how would you advertise that?! I can't imagine if they did it outright it would be hugely beneficial for them, todays culture being what it is. Perhaps word of mouth? But that's a terribly inefficient way of advertising. I wonder how many Churches would let you put up a flyer or something on the notice board...?
I wasn't particularly thinking of 'advertising'; more the subjective thought process of Christian young men and women who might wish that more Christians became talented as tattoo artists - seeing as so many Christians anyway (as per the OP quote) get inked nowadays. (If this makes sense?)

(I wasn't thinking particularly of the 'advertising aspect'.)

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wasn't particularly thinking of 'advertising'; more the subjective thought process of Christian young men and women who might wish that more Christians became talented as tattoo artists - seeing as so many Christians anyway (as per the OP quote) get inked nowadays. (If this makes sense?)

(I wasn't thinking particularly of the 'advertising aspect'.)
No! I wasn't suggesting you were...that's just where my head went. I'm kinda practical like that.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No! I wasn't suggesting you were...that's just where my head went. I'm kinda practical like that.
I guess my thought was, Since it's widely regarded as benign and is widespread among young Christian men and women, then for the many who get faith / witness design inkings, why not have Christians do tattooing professionally also? (might also help the atmosphere in some parlors also...)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess my thought was, Since it's widely regarded as benign and is widespread among young Christian men and women, then for the many who get faith / witness design inkings, why not have Christians do tattooing professionally also? (might also help the atmosphere in some parlors also...)

I think there are. It just isn't heard about very often.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
most any of them these days, would be my guess
Whorehouses would also be a good spot for those