Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if the cherubims are angels...?

"And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be." Ex 25:20
So are cherubims angels? Maybe there are different characteristics of angels...the ones mentioned in scripture who appeared to Mary as messengers and at the tomb had the likeness of man (no wings).

Reactions: amadeus and farouk

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are cherubims angels? Maybe there are different characteristics of angels...the ones mentioned in scripture who appeared to Mary as messengers and at the tomb had the likeness of man (no wings).
The ones prepared in Exodus for the tabernacle had only two wings, but look at Ezekiel:

"This is the living creature that I saw under the God of Israel by the river of Chebar; and I knew that they were the cherubims.
Every one had four faces apiece, and every one four wings; and the likeness of the hands of a man was under their wings.

Exek 10:20-21

As you say the ones who appeared to Mary as described in scripture had no wings. I would say that the angels depicted in paintings and statues were conceived by artists mixing the angels and the cherubims, but that is just a guess. I really don't know. But conside the image that nearly every child has had of satan long before he had ever read scripture himself. Red fellow with Horns and long tail holding a trident or pitchfork. Hmmm?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes farouk, I can't remember how old he was when he had his first inking ..
Usually it's 18, or thereabouts.

Nowadays it's almost expected. While there is I'm sure a lot of peer pressure for young men and women to do it, yet at that age it seems they really want to do it, speaking in general, right?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think my oldest is ready she said she been ichin for ink :)
Although - unlike years ago - so many young women now seem really keen to acquire ink for themselves, the key is really to have it well planned and to be truly "ready", right?

(Don't be surprised if she gets an appointment at the parlor soon.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes in the beginning I did, I was even going to get more, glad I didn’t.
So the idea of more effective faith based ones which you would use in witness didn't appeal to you; well, fine; before someone has it done for that purpose, the person needs to be committed to it.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the idea of more effective faith based ones which you would use in witness didn't appeal to you; well, fine; before someone has it done for that purpose, the person needs to be committed to it.
I just don’t feel the need to get them, it happens people regret things.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
charity said:

Hello @farouk,

My one daughter had a tattoo... sought desperately later to have it removed, but without success.
So do you think she is still actively aware of it? or maybe she just forgets it's there? a lot of ppl do, anyway.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I can see that the permanence of a tattoo is something that you would really be very aware of. Goes to show that ppl do need to be really sure before they ink, right?
Yes they would Farouk.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Mayflower FYI, did you check out lately the poll results, above? Ppl can change their vote category if they wish; I guess you're sure about your preference for the 26-40 category?

So many Christians seem to feel that faith based tattoos are a really good way of expressing a dearly held, personal faith message, don't they? (but you need to be very sure about it first).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The ones prepared in Exodus for the tabernacle had only two wings, but look at Ezekiel:

"This is the living creature that I saw under the God of Israel by the river of Chebar; and I knew that they were the cherubims.
Every one had four faces apiece, and every one four wings; and the likeness of the hands of a man was under their wings.
Exek 10:20-21

As you say the ones who appeared to Mary as described in scripture had no wings. I would say that the angels depicted in paintings and statues were conceived by artists mixing the angels and the cherubims, but that is just a guess. I really don't know. But conside the image that nearly every child has had of satan long before he had ever read scripture himself. Red fellow with Horns and long tail holding a trident or pitchfork. Hmmm?
Interesting Scripture there, about the four wings, rather than two...