Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes I have nothing against people who get them, I just regret getting them.
I guess that your advice now would be to those who have not yet done their first ink (whether faith based or not), make sure you do it with careful planning so that later you won't regret a good inking experience.

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that your advice now would be to those who have not yet done their first ink (whether faith based or not), make sure you do it with careful planning so that later you won't regret a good inking experience.
Yes that would be my advice Farouk.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes that would be my advice Farouk.
To think it used to be almost exclusively a man thing, for sailors and bikers.

But now, if everyone plans properly, it can be done (faith based or not) with confidence as both a very manly and also very womanly thing.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
He was very small as a child and bullied at school and his first inking says, 'Only God can judge me'. About the same time he also took up body building
A pity about his bullying, years ago. Hope your son is doing well now. Yes, I can see how his inking - and body building - was some kind of response to his real impression of being marginalized. In addition, a lot of women feel marginalized and overwhelmed also; although these days not a few women do body building - and of course so many of them now indeed get tattooed (which didn't use to happen much years ago, did it?)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@charity It's simply topical for so many Christians. (It is in North America, anyway - see the quote in the OP.)
But, it seems to me you are advising or suggesting it is better to walk around old Jerusalem telling people to make their sacrifices as per the law given to Moses instead of going to listen to the Master who is teaching to anyone that would listen in this very place.

If our hearts are right with the Lord, will not we be living testimonies to those around us even though we scarcely open our mouth and our skin has no messages visible to the carnal eye printed on it?

"Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart." II Cor 3:2-3

Reactions: faithfulness

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand...
Would you advise someone to go study and obey the law given Moses when Jesus is readily available to whosoever will? Would you prefer that people read the words on your arm rather than the Spirit manifested by the way you live? Which one is your testimony?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Would you advise someone to go study and obey the law given Moses when Jesus is readily available to whosoever will? Would you prefer that people read the words on your arm rather than the Spirit manifested by the way you live? Which one is your testimony?
I think I see what you mean, Sir....

Faith and personal testimony are waaaay more important than a faith based tattoo.

Having said that, they are proven effective conversation-starters in witness. My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure that other conversations have happened as a result of her willingness to receive the injections of ink.

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So both chose roses? (maybe you would, too, if you did it?)
I think I may have already said I would like angel wings if I ever got one. Which makes me bring up a point...do angels really have wings?

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think I may have already said I would like angel wings if I ever got one. Which makes me bring up a point...do angels really have wings?
Psalm 104 might be taken indirectly to imply that angels do have wings:

104 Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.

2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever."

(Though not directly stated...)

Kind of like this, you think would be nice?

Impressive-Angel-Wings-Tattoo-WT119.jpg
wristtattoopictures dot com

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every time one receives his/her wings a bell rings [paraphrased from "It's a Wonderful Life"].

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess we were also thinking specifically about the tattoo depiction aspect... :)
Well if the cherubims are angels...?

"And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be." Ex 25:20