Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think I may have already said I would like angel wings if I ever got one.

Oh yes I remember, you said:

No, we don't talk much about tattoos but if I do get one it is going to look like this....
th
View attachment 5260
th

If you did it, something like this would give you a lot of joy, right?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh yes..absolutely. it represents my faith and my beliefs.
Yes, I'm sure it would be, not just about the inking making you feel really good; but would be about becoming absolutely joyful as a faith-led, witnessing, inked woman.

(And I'm sure your daughters - themselves well experienced inked adults - would really respect you for being prepared to do it, right?)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Do you have tattoos Farouk?
Hardly unusual today; in fact a lot of Christians seem to like the idea of a faith based design; time and time again which has been proven effective in witness. Quite a while ago I got an oriental type design on my arm which faded; wasn't a success. Other ppl's seem to have been more successful.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well if the cherubims are angels...?

"And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be." Ex 25:20
The truth of the mercy seat is very searching, right?

One can see how ppl who want wing tattoos may sometimes be influenced by Scriptural imagery.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth of the mercy seat is very searching, right?

One can see how ppl who want wing tattoos may sometimes be influenced by Scriptural imagery.
The Mercy Seat in the OT prepared under the direction of God is of course another of those types or shadows found in scripture to direct us toward the real focal point of mercy for us today. Our God is a merciful God when we stumble and call upon His name. I strongly recommend people read the OT and ask God to help them understand better through those types, the realities of God. Yes, people may be influenced by spiritual imagery in the scriptures, but I still would never recommend a tatoo to a person. Direct communication and connection with God is available to us and as we approach Him more closely that the way we should be moving along the highway of holiness without taking on more excess baggage than we are already carrying...

Last edited:
Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, people may be influenced by spiritual imagery in the scriptures, but I still would never recommend a tattoo to a person.
Agreed. To think that there have been over 4,000 views of this utterly useless thread. Amazing how Christians are drawn to the inconsequentials.

As I said at the beginning, tattoos are for pagans and evildoers. Not for Christians at all. The Bible forbids tattoos.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. To think that there have been over 4,000 views of this utterly useless thread. Amazing how Christians are drawn to the inconsequentials.

As I said at the beginning, tattoos are for pagans and evildoers. Not for Christians at all. The Bible forbids tattoos.
Essentially I agree, but each person must be convicted of those things for himself. They continue to be attracted by whatever it is in a tatoo... or anything else they want to have... or want to do even though it would defile what God has given them to care for as His stewards. We really are not our own... but even "Christians" often act as if we were.

Reactions: Enoch111

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes I do, I think anytime you can give a witness for the Lord you should. People are memorized by the cool tats and alot of conversation comes from it
For a young Christian man or woman, getting tattooed clearly and tastefully with a well planned faith based design can be among the most memorable and encouraging of events.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I see a lot of women with sleeves now, saw a couple yesterday, how will they feel when they're about 50?

@JohnPaul :

FYI, I saw this report in Huffington Post:

' "...Most of my clients are in the older bracket," Gallo-Kohlas told The Huffington Post. "We see a lot of women in their sixties and seventies getting their first tattoos." Gallo-Kohlas recalls a woman in her sixties who got a tattoo because everyone in the golf clique at her gated community had one. It seemed like the thing to do in order to fit in.'
Many Women Get Tattoos Post 50 ? And Don't Regret It Later huffington post

I certainly don't buy the idea of getting tattooed just "to fit in", but it's very widespread; and age seems to be no barrier.

A lot of Christians tend to turn it into a witness opportunity with something faith based. (Whether or not other Christians would do the same or not, is another matter.)

PS: Your comment was specific; and so I'm reproducing without comment a relevant passage, explaining why it's done, which I saw in tattooseasily dot com

"Rise in Popularity of Sleeve Tattoos for Women
Women know that getting a tattoo means a serious commitment since you will have something printed on your body all throughout your life. For this reason, careful decision making should be done when choosing the tattoo design that you would want, especially if you are aiming to have a bigger area in your body covered with tattoos.

Unlike in the past where people simply get small tattoos in places which can be easily hidden, getting a tattoo today is a way of saying something about yourself. This means that sleeve tattoos for women are carefully thought of and something that women want to really show to others.

More and more women have been getting sleeve tattoos because they see this as a way where they can further express themselves. While clothes can be changed easily, tattoos are there forever to remind women what they see in themselves, or even how they want to be. Tattoos, in a way, help women show who they are more than the clothes that they are wearing, making them even more confident each day."

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JohnPaul :

FYI, I saw this report in Huffington Post:

' "...Most of my clients are in the older bracket," Gallo-Kohlas told The Huffington Post. "We see a lot of women in their sixties and seventies getting their first tattoos." Gallo-Kohlas recalls a woman in her sixties who got a tattoo because everyone in the golf clique at her gated community had one. It seemed like the thing to do in order to fit in.'
Many Women Get Tattoos Post 50 ? And Don't Regret It Later huffington post

I certainly don't buy the idea of getting tattooed just "to fit in", but it's very widespread; and age seems to be no barrier.

A lot of Christians tend to turn it into a witness opportunity with something faith based. (Whether or not other Christians would do the same or not, is another matter.)

PS: Your comment was specific; and so I'm reproducing without comment a relevant passage, explaining why it's done, which I saw in tattooseasily dot com

"Rise in Popularity of Sleeve Tattoos for Women
Women know that getting a tattoo means a serious commitment since you will have something printed on your body all throughout your life. For this reason, careful decision making should be done when choosing the tattoo design that you would want, especially if you are aiming to have a bigger area in your body covered with tattoos.

Unlike in the past where people simply get small tattoos in places which can be easily hidden, getting a tattoo today is a way of saying something about yourself. This means that sleeve tattoos for women are carefully thought of and something that women want to really show to others.

More and more women have been getting sleeve tattoos because they see this as a way where they can further express themselves. While clothes can be changed easily, tattoos are there forever to remind women what they see in themselves, or even how they want to be. Tattoos, in a way, help women show who they are more than the clothes that they are wearing, making them even more confident each day."
Seems like a case of monkey see monkey do. I’ve never gone with The masses, it’s why I don’t adhere to the liberal mainstream of all the deviant filth going on in society.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse, she told us. I wouldn't call that 'filth' (and to be fair you didn't say so about this example).

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redirected this post from the piercing thread.

I see a lot of women with sleeves now, saw a couple yesterday, how will they feel when they're about 50?