Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law is useful in a church setting as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ; for it has the power to convert the soul (Psalms 19:7 (kjv)). It shows us that we are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20). It also defines sin for us (1 John 3:4 (kjv)).

re #920.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The law is useful in a church setting as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ; for it has the power to convert the soul (Psalms 19:7 (kjv)). It shows us that we are sinners in need of a Saviour (Romans 3:20). It also defines sin for us (1 John 3:4 (kjv)).
In the Psalms - especially Psalm 119, where the word 'law' is clearly used interchangeably with others such as 'word', it seems good to me to understand it in the sense of the vehicle for the reception of revelation into the heart of the sinner. I don't see that the church is ever, or ever has been, under the law.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Psalms - especially Psalm 119, where the word 'law' is clearly used interchangeably with others such as 'word', it seems good to me to understand it in the sense of the vehicle for the reception of revelation into the heart of the sinner. I don't see that the church is ever, or ever has been, under the law.
However, there are those who think they are in the church who are under it...

ex. someone who walks into a McDonald's and thinks they are a hamburger. :eek::p:cool:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: @justbyfaith As regards the tattoo theme of the thread, it's interesting that, regardng the poster that I quoted, she said: "obviously I do sit on the other side because I have a tattoo , but I did look through scripture and reflect on it before I got one".

If a fellow Christian says s/he did study the Scriptures before having it done, we - especially since we are not under the law anyway now - should respect that, whether or not we would do the same ourselves.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

Like I said, I don't think that any of us can be called great in the kingdom, according to Matthew 5:17-20, unless we started walking around wearing tzitzit and tallit and tefilin...

re #925.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes my wife had a nurse that has verses on her arms and it opened up a good conversation and fellowship
Hoping your wife continues to do well.

Yes, it's what many Christian young women tend to do now, inc. some Christians nurses. (So the one with your wife had both arms done, then?)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
67816205_10219798003125762_434581979468398592_n.jpg

@farouk,

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think it an issue for the potential pin cushion and God.

I have several tattoos, and while I do not regret getting them I do not know that I would get them were I able to go back in time.

I had the sense to get them where they are not visible in a short sleeved shirt.
I guess the matter of whether one's wife likes one's ink or not, as the case may be, often relates to whether she has ink, too.

(To think that years ago it was almost exclusively a man thing.)

Reactions: John Caldwell

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So are cherubims angels? Maybe there are different characteristics of angels...the ones mentioned in scripture who appeared to Mary as messengers and at the tomb had the likeness of man (no wings).
So I guess your underlying message of the possible future skin ink would be, as regards the cherubim/angels' wings: "I am linked by a covenant of grace with God", or maybe something like that?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I guess your underlying message of the possible future skin ink would be, as regards the cherubim/angels' wings: "I am linked by a covenant of grace with God", or maybe something like that?
Angels are messengers of God....a tattoo of angel wings (which is what most people relate to as what an angel looks like) is letting others know I am a messenger of God.....like when you here someone say "you are an angel sent from God in a timely situation"

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Angels are messengers of God....a tattoo of angel wings (which is what most people relate to as what an angel looks like) is letting others know I am a messenger of God.....like when you here someone say "you are an angel sent from God in a timely situation"
Being injected with something like this would attract you, maybe?

tattoo-celtic18.jpg
tattooimages dot biz

Combination of the angel wings idea with the Trinity symbol: a doctrine that I know you think about a great deal, right?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So you would evidently feel satisfied for others to value your contribution in their situation; and this would be linked with your satisfaction of having been tattooed in such a way, then?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Heart2Soul I thought you would like that photo, anyway: combination of the angel wings / triquetra (I think this is what it's called, anyhow) symbolizing the Trinity. From what you've said, they both seem to represent rather deeply your aspirations.

Your daughters would probably be a little surprised...but rather pleased for you also!

Reactions: Heart2Soul