Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Thanks to all who voted so far in the poll!

NB: If you have not yet voted in the poll, please vote now! :)
What does NB mean?
In Italian it means NOTA BENE
which means TAKE NOTE or PAY ATTENTION
I've never seen it used in any other country....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What does NB mean?
In Italian it means NOTA BENE
which means TAKE NOTE or PAY ATTENTION
I've never seen it used in any other country....
Yes, this is the sense I intended it. (From the Latin..)

In other words, anyone who has been looking at the thread but who has not yet voted in the poll, please do so (before the poll expires...)

Reactions: GodsGrace

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, they also prove those who bare witness of themselves.
Yes, before especially young Christian men and women coming of age around 18 or so go ahead and get inked with proven witness friendly faith based tattoo designs, there is indeed necessary a strong and consistent determination and dedication to use the proven effective tool, isn't there?

The young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist - which brought about the conversation with her - must have known this would happen repeatedly, before she submitted to the ink injections.

Reactions: Waiting on him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without any obligation, parlors have portfolios of artwork which can be consulted; are there any parlors near you?

And with a very great obligation, God has an amazing gift not of inked artwork for our flesh, but of His Living Word on our hearts. The obligation on our part consists of all that we have like the widow who put all of her living into the treasury in the temple. Can we do that?

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1

"That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." Eph 5:27

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No I’ve never had anyone start a conversation over it, it’s a pretty big one too.
You decided to go big with the tattoo size, then!

A lot of ppl (maybe especially women) seem to start with a small one; although some ppl are confident to start with bigger ones.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Nowadays, tattoos can be used and are used for a gamut of reasons and while sometimes they are no less sinful than idolatry, I do believe that it's excellent for a Christian to get a mark of their faith. .. The reason I got this tattoo is because, as a lady from my church said, it's my cheat sheet. It's a reminder, a promise, a rebuke and it's my solace. I put it in a visible spot, so that I could read it. And it's in an incredibly painful spot to get a tattoo and the pain of it resonates within me, also telling me that this is nothing compared to what I imagine Jesus felt, dying on the cross for us. This is a permanent mark, one that will never, ever go away and I don't ever want it to. I also think that this is a statement for those who do see it and it's a reminder to myself that this is an incredibly visible tattoo and that I should conduct myself as a proper Christian when sometimes it's easy to forget.
Sounds indeed like it's so meaningful for you and like you feel really comfortable with it and it challenges you and challenges others in witness. Seems like no regrets there for you. So does your husband have tattoos as well, maybe?