Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... my daughter 28 yrs while we were out in LA. CA. was visiting with her 1/2 older sister and father. ...she and her sister got tattoo's on their necks in Hebrew. She realized the next day that which she thought the tattoo meant didn't mean it, so, she had to figure out something. Now, she has a tattoo across her neck that says nothing, but is design only. She is not happy ....... I still just laugh!!! over 18 your responsible for your actions....aren't we? I think it kinda cute, now she's gotta live with it, or pay to remove it.....the poor dear! Thought you might laugh at this. LOL Vickie
Well, I guess the moral is, Make sure first of all that the spelling of a tattooed word is correct! :)

You also seem quite relaxed about it all. This is good, also, I guess... :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
...I think she avoids tatoos thinking that she could change her mind later. She actually hasn't mentioned it for years, just that I've always remembered what she said.

Much love!
Anyway, it's just worthwhile to realize that the era when the ladies didn't use to get tattooed is definitely over. (Just wise to remember especially when so many Christian women receive faith based designs now.)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, it's just worthwhile to realize that the era when the ladies didn't use to get tattooed is definitely over. (Just wise to remember especially when so many Christian women receive faith based designs now.)
Times change. I'm in my late 50's, and I've worn my hair long since I was 16. It's come in and out of fashion several times.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Times change. I'm in my late 50's, and I've worn my hair long since I was 16. It's come in and out of fashion several times.
Ink is a bit like customs 40 years ago, such as double piercing ears; when women (teen girls and their moms) did it, at first it was maybe just a bit edgy as a style, but now it's so mainstream that it's done by all ages, from those of a radical/secular outlook, to Godly great-grandmothers. Now, as well as by men, ink - often in faith and family designs - is gotten by the most conservative of Godly women: college students, homeschooling moms, young-at-heart grandmothers, etc.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She doesn't smoke. And I think she avoids tatoos thinking that she could change her mind later. She actually hasn't mentioned it for years, just that I've always remembered what she said.

Much love!
PS: Several decades back, some Christians might well have said that nice Christian young ladies don't get tattooed or smoke.

However, it has to be admitted wisely that this is exactly what might happen these days. The cultural prejudices of decades ago should not color our thinking now (whether or not one subjectively "likes" it or not). Romans 14 comes to mind.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I dunno....lol....I don't like needles....I will probably never get one.
Oh okay! well, if needles are the main obstacle, there's always DrNumb cream, to help you figure whether the inking of angel wings making you feel really good would be a stronger pull than aversion to needles...

(FYI, see DrNumb.com)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... sure, if it were me getting it done, of course I'd prefer a Christian artist.
Naomi25: You see, then, how working as a tattoo artist is certainly a profession that would be of benefit to Christians. Maybe it's a pity that more Christian men and women don't consider pursuing it, right?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Naomi25 PS: I think maybe a thread specifically about the merits (or, hypothetically, otherwise) of Christians training and working as tattoo artists, would likely be really worthwhile.

(Do you think so, too?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Back a bit you said:
tattooing has been part of culture for many generations , it's not a new trend , it's an old one
I think what change is perhaps the stigma within Christian circles !
Rita
Since so many Christians are pretty comfortable being tattooed now, maybe it's a pity that more Christians don't consider training as tattoo artists. (What do you think?)

(Maybe the subject for an eventual separate thread and poll.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think anytime you can give a witness for the Lord you should. People are memorized by the cool tats and alot of conversation comes from it
I think when this thread runs its course and the poll expires, maybe another good thread would be about whether more Christians considering training as tattoo artists would be really beneficial. (What do you think?)

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Naomi25: You see, then, how working as a tattoo artist is certainly a profession that would be of benefit to Christians. Maybe it's a pity that more Christian men and women don't consider pursuing it, right?

I think God can take any profession and use it for his glory. And there seems to be, at present, enough young Christians who choose a faith based tattoos to suggest that yes, it might be a valid option for a Christian to look into, career wise, if they like that sort of art.

@Naomi25 PS: I think maybe a thread specifically about the merits (or, hypothetically, otherwise) of Christians training and working as tattoo artists, would likely be really worthwhile.

(Do you think so, too?)

Honestly, I don't know. My comments are only based on wild guesses due to casual observations. I've not spoken to anyone about it, and I can't honestly say that it would be probably considered to be a valid witnessing option in most churches for them to have a solid teaching/opinion on it. I'd guess it would be the sort of thing that falls into the category of "freedom in Christ", and in which as Christians, we take our everyday actions; work and play, and use it as best we can for Christ. Because even though a Christian tattoo artist could potentially tattoo Christians, they'd mostly get non-Christians and have to tattoo a fair bit of...non-Christian content, id guess. That's something most Christians have to face, as we live in a non-Christian world, as such, and we do our best at witnessing.
But honestly...beyond that...I'm not sure what else to say on the subject....

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think God can take any profession and use it for his glory. And there seems to be, at present, enough young Christians who choose a faith based tattoos to suggest that yes, it might be a valid option for a Christian to look into, career wise, if they like that sort of art.

I basically agree.

(It's not just about feeling good giving/receiving ink; it's about considering the glory of God in so doing.)

Reactions: Naomi25