Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Yes, I know what you mean; for Christian men and women it would make more sense for the 'blanket' of ink to be done more sparingly and to have it in a readable/appreciable design that pointed to some faith aspect, wouldn't it?
Missed this....

Yes, sure. I agree.
Maybe something on the hand...it's very noticeable.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Missed this....

Yes, sure. I agree.
Maybe something on the hand...it's very noticeable.
Maybe like this?

tiny-cross-feminine-tattoo-on-wrist.jpg
tattoostime dot com

It used to be very much a man thing to; but now ink has certainly become very well established as a highly womanly thing to do.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Maybe like this?

tiny-cross-feminine-tattoo-on-wrist.jpg
tattoostime dot com

It used to be very much a man thing to; but now ink has certainly become very well established as a highly womanly thing to do.
Yes,,, that would be pretty. Even a bit larger.

BTW,,,those squared off nails are no longer in style.
(thank you God).

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My Grandfather had a mark forcibly tattooed on his arm when he became a prisoner of war during WW1, It did contain a number so that he would be easily identified if he escaped and be identified as a POW within the general population of Germany at that time. They did not have computers then but they did put into place a process which quickly helped to identify a POW if he escaped, they simply checked peoples arms for the POW tattoo.
@Jay Ross Must have been a negative experience. So maybe from then onwards he disliked all tattoos, then?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can see how a tattoo of some deeply religious symbol or image might be an effective reminder of one's commitment to Christ....

One of the churches I go to has three quite elderly women, all widows, who recently went out and got themselves tattoos. They all got them on their ankles
It's what women do now, incl. women of all ages.

FYI, I saw this report in Huffington Post:

' "...Most of my clients are in the older bracket," Gallo-Kohlas told The Huffington Post. "We see a lot of women in their sixties and seventies getting their first tattoos." Gallo-Kohlas recalls a woman in her sixties who got a tattoo because everyone in the golf clique at her gated community had one. It seemed like the thing to do in order to fit in.'
Many Women Get Tattoos Post 50 ? And Don't Regret It Later huffington post

I don't buy the doing it to 'fit in' aspect, but it's hard to deny it's very widespread now. It used to be almost exclusively a man thing, decades back. Now it's a very womanly thing to do, also. Often getting inked is done in family or faith themes.

My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to go through with this now very womanly thing to do. (If this makes sense?)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
One daughter has one started but isn't finished....it is really large.
It used to be that women would often get small ones if they got them at all.

But maybe this occurred at a relatively transitional time, when getting tattooed at all was gradually becoming a womanly thing to do.

Now many women get tattooed with large designs and do it with confidence - it being now a thoroughly womanly thing to do.

(I'm guessing that your daughter now would quite naturally do it with confidence, right?)