Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Best age for first tattoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't think so. One daughter has one started but isn't finished....it is really large.
Getting inked must really make her feel good. Once the person starts actually receiving ink, it often stimulates a return visit to the parlor.

From the admiration aspect, tattoo art is probably something you all really share appreciation of as a family.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... in and out of fashion several times.
I do think really widespread tattoo art is here to stay; it used to be mainly for male sailors and bikers; but now the vastly increased appreciation for tattoo art is something that is here to stay, I reckon, irrespective of other trends that come and go.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My daughter wanted to do this that is be a tattoo artist several years ago and are sadly discouraged her. I’ve considered speaking with her about this, I believe person can hold a ministry in any occupation, if I do it to the glory of God
@Waiting on him So did you eventually talk to her again? :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My opinion is that, because they don't keep their soft glow, in no time they are unrecognizable and blend into one long display of nothingness.
Tattoos do sometimes need to be touched up with ink after some years. Anyway, my wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse, and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to receive the ink.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I never noticed so many before...
It's done so widely now for a variety of reasons, I'm sure; some do it out of genuine artistic appreciation and realization and artistic commitment; others probably just do it because others do and just want to keep up with them without giving it a lot of thought or planning. But there's definitely been a sea change from the way it was years ago. And - good, bad or indifferent as regards that huge sea change - the Christians that do it in large numbers have open to them an extra means to communicate and express a faith sentiment that by definition will not go away. (If this makes sense?)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It's done so widely now for a variety of reasons, I'm sure; some do it out of genuine artistic appreciation and realization and artistic commitment; others probably just do it because others do and just want to keep up with them without giving it a lot of thought or planning. But there's definitely been a sea change from the way it was years ago. And - good, bad or indifferent as regards that huge sea change - the Christians that do it in large numbers have open to them an extra means to communicate and express a faith sentiment that by definition will not go away. (If this makes sense?)
Yes, it makes sense...but most that I see are not intended for the reason you are so enamored of...unfortunately.

Now this total black stuff is popular..it looks terrible.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, it makes sense...but most that I see are not intended for the reason you are so enamored of...unfortunately.

Now this total black stuff is popular..it looks terrible.

Well, some like the single colour style (often referred to as tribal style) and some don't, evidently.

Sometimes the faith and tribal elements can be combined.

This was uploaded by Rachael Shannon:

c33dad1398755b9a517060bca4083d18.jpg
pinterest dot com

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well, some like the single colour style (often referred to as tribal style) and some don't, evidently.

Sometimes the faith and tribal elements can be combined.

This was uploaded by Rachael Shannon:

c33dad1398755b9a517060bca4083d18.jpg
pinterest dot com
Not too bad.
I can't find an image of what I'm talking about.

I saw one guy with a totally black tattoo on his leg.
It went all around the leg, under the knee,,,and it was
about 6 inches high (?)....maybe more.

I couldn't see the reason behind doing this.
They like the color black??

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not too bad.
I can't find an image of what I'm talking about.

I saw one guy with a totally black tattoo on his leg.
It went all around the leg, under the knee,,,and it was
about 6 inches high (?)....maybe more.

I couldn't see the reason behind doing this.
They like the color black??
Yes, I know what you mean; for Christian men and women it would make more sense for the 'blanket' of ink to be done more sparingly and to have it in a readable/appreciable design that pointed to some faith aspect, wouldn't it?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Are you thinking of getting a gun?
Good question! but no, actually.

It's evidently - from the video and elsewhere - a profession that has lately opened up a lot to women. It used to be a heavily male domain. Seems like now a lot of women are interested in and confident to pursue training to be tattoo artists (as was your daughter, right?) and I think it can be an environment in which women with artistic flair can really flourish professionally.

Reactions: Waiting on him