The Greek εις

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know some OP's have a rather dubious agenda filled with a lot of wanky ideas. To some, this might seem like such a post. But this is an important topic when you consider that the bible is written in a way that is unlike any other book. The bible is unique. As such we must compare the words found within against itself...or other times the same word is used.

Now the Greek word εις (eis) is a case in point. The gospel of John uses this word often. Of course John is speaking of spiritual things...things not meant to be grasped by human logic...but by the Spirit.

εις (eis): Definition.."to" or "into"

Let's let the bible reveal the bible...

John 12:46 I have come into (εις) the world as light, so that whoever believes in (actually "into" εις) me may not remain in darkness.

So then...Jesus has come INTO the world as light, so that whoever believes INTO Him does not remain in darkness.

The light of God is found IN Jesus.

The word εις implies movement....going from one place to another. We go TO Jesus in order to enter INTO Jesus.

It is like being able to fly by entering INTO an airplane. It is the plane that can fly...not us. But we take on the ability to fly by entering INTO that which can. So in the same way we enter into Christ in order to walk as He walked....and to love as He loves.

We do this by faith.

Can faith move us? Jesus said faith can move a mountain. So, yes...even faith is not what we logically think it is. In fact, human logic has to be left out of the equation if we are to get an accurate picture of what the gospel is telling us.

Biblical faith is not just believing ABOUT Jesus it is a faith that moves us INTO Jesus where He is. Eternal life is found only in Him. So then we enter into Him where there is light and life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes INTO (εις ) him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the trouble with US thinking we can reinterpret the Bible is that if entire groups and staffs of translators missed things, the likelihood is high that we are also going to get many things wrong. So, essentially, we remain in just about the same position.

Reactions: Taken

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the trouble with US thinking we can reinterpret the Bible is that if entire groups and staffs of translators missed things, the likelihood is high that we are also going to get many things wrong. So, essentially, we remain in just about the same position.

I believe the bible to be the words from God. They are inspired by the Holy Ghost. But translations from the original languages are sometimes lacking in the original intent of the words...in order to try making sense to what they thought it meant. So we have to factor in that problem. Another problem is when an idea written as is...makes no sense at all...well some sense is given to it. It has to be presentable in the given language. If it is too mysterious sounding...it is changed...much to the detriment of a proper understanding. When we read it...it is for us...not for a publisher. So we can let the word be obscure until the truth is revealed to us. That is the advantage of NOT being a translator with an agenda to make sense of the word in a limited time frame.

So where the translators filled with the Spirit so that the translated words carry all the original meanings and intent? NO. We need to go to the original language to see the problems the translators faced. We need to look to the Spirit to help us to understand.

So then Jesus says..."go the extra mile". This means we need to be more careful to not stop at what the English words "sound like" to us. We need to dig deeper and be ready to throw out human logic and reasoning...to get at the truth.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the bible to be the words from God. They are inspired by the Holy Ghost. But translations from the original languages are sometimes lacking in the original intent...in order to try making sense to what the translators thought it meant. So we have to factor in that problem. Another problem is when an idea written as is...makes no sense at all...well some sense is given to it. If it is too mysterious sounding...it is changed...much to the detriment of a proper understanding. When we read it...it is for us...not for a publisher. So we can let the word be obscure until the truth is revealed to us. That is the advantage of NOT being a translator with an agenda to make sense of the word in a limited time frame.

So where the translators filled with the Spirit so that the translated words carry all the original meanings and intent. NO.

So then Jesus says..."go the extra mile". This means we need to be more careful to not stop at what the English words "sound like" to us. We need to dig deeper and be ready to throw out human logic and reasoning...to get at the truth.
That "go the extra mile" is a fascinating study, since it was couched in a, then, cultural Roman Law enabling soldiers to impress servitude upon Jewish citizens. (Much the same thing with the cheek slapping.)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That "go the extra mile" is a fascinating study, since it was couched in a, then, cultural Roman Law enabling soldiers to impress servitude upon Jewish citizens. (Much the same thing with the cheek slapping.)

But we can still understand the idea. How many expressions when translated directly...have no meaning to us?

In English when we can't speak properly we say... "I have a frog in my throat." If you translate that in a religious book...without understanding the term..you are going to have a denomination that walks around with frogs literally in their mouths.

So how many problems with misunderstandings are due to a bad reading of the word?

Spiritual logic doesn't make any sense to natural readers. So then human logic tries to apprehend the word...but always outside the truth.

We need to just be very careful not to think we know something before we see what we are dealing with.

Prov. 19:20 Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? (or hasty in the word) There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Reactions: faithfulness

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture IS KNOWLEDGE revealed.

The Jews in their native tongue (language) were given "rules/laws" to abide by; AND "rules/laws" for the consequences of violating the "given rules/laws". (OT)

The Greeks in their native tongue (language),
Picked up where the OT, and BEFORE Jesus's appearence left off, REVEALING the KNOWLEDGE of the GOOD NEWS that Jesus came as a PROPHET and was REVEALED, HE IS THE Christ, God With US having taken on a FORM that men COULD SEE and relate to.

However...the Greeks "are also FAMOUS for";
Not only the writing of the KNOWLEDGE....
BUT ALSO "PHILOSOPHY", or otherwise.....
MAKING THEIR OWN "INTERPRETATIONS" of the "KNOWLEDGE" of "WHAT THEY HAD WRITTEN "pertaining to the Knowledge".

This is where it gets "sticky".
Greeks were "hungry" for the "knowledge"...
But as we KNOW, "Human nature" IS ALSO "HUNGRY" for the "UNDeRSTANDING" of the "KNOWLEDGE". (And "thinkers" AND "philosophers" were more than willing to OBLIDGE the people....even made a Living and became Famous for doing so...and continue to ... to this day. )

It seems, TOO MANY, and particularly in this day and age.....patience is on the back burner. People want and expect "everything" to be INSTANT.....gimmy the brief knowledge and ALL the understanding NOW, NOW, NOW.

(Observe the unbelievers, the atheists....can't believe...BECAUSE they do not UNDERSTAND, and it is the UNDERSTANDING they WANT First). Completely Backwards ...
Naturally and Spiritually.)

Learn the Knowledge FIRST.
Trust to BELIEVE IT, without understanding it.
(It the tenant of Faith itself).

Submit to the Lords WAY of "HOW TO" become saved and born again. <--- Knowledge.

THEN ONE is PREPARED to ASK THE Lord Himself For "His Understanding"....

^ THAT requires Time and effort and patience of the individual.....and "why bother".... WHEN; "other people" make a living deciding what MEN "should" understand....(without regard, it is "according" to "their mind".....
NOT God.)

Scriptural Knowledge IS GOOD...Gods own Revealing of His own Word.

Yet nothing has changed....ONLY GOD reveals His OWN Understanding TO those WHO ASK HIM. Seek, Ask, read, study, then Ask some more.

Case in point....king David...TWICE recognized "BY GOD", being a man after Gods own heart...."Gods Truth, Gods Understanding".

Thank you Greeks, for your writing efforts.
Thank you Greek Philosophers? Uh no.
Thank God for HIS WORD and HIS UNDERSTANDING of His OWN Word.

God Bless,
Taken

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we can still understand the idea. How many expressions when translated directly...have no meaning to us?

In English when we can't speak properly we say... "I have a frog in my throat." If you translate that in a religious book...without understanding the term..you are going to have a denomination that walks around with frogs literally in their mouths.

So how many problems with misunderstandings are due to a bad reading of the word?

Spiritual logic doesn't make any sense to natural readers. So then human logic tries to apprehend the word...but always outside the truth.

We need to just be very careful not to think we know something before we see what we are dealing with.

Prov. 19:20 Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? (or hasty in the word) There is more hope for a fool than for him.
What I meant was that the slap on the cheek was not intended as a physical attack. As I understand it, it was really just a light backhanded slap with the fingers that was intended as an insult. (They did a lot of "touching" in those days.... like when men would reach between the legs of the other and grab the inside of his thigh to seal a deal [much like our handshake]) They were a very physically demonstrative society.... Did you ever wonder how a Jewish man proved to others he was actually one of them? (Think about it for a few seconds) We would find that kind of sexual exposure shocking today, and would likely call the police.

So, when a man insulted you with the backhand slap, you weren't supposed to get incensed (as we do on this forum), but rather, you were supposed to let him do it again if he wanted.... thus, belittling himself through his own excessive actions that were really unacceptable to the rest of society. One slap was OK, but the second made a bully out of you.

Reactions: Taken

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I meant was that the slap on the cheek was not intended as a physical attack. As I understand it, it was really just a light backhanded slap with the fingers that was intended as an insult. (They did a lot of "touching" in those days.... like when men would reach between the legs of the other and grab the inside of his thigh to seal a deal [much like our handshake]) They were a very physically demonstrative society.... Did you ever wonder how a Jewish man proved to others he was actually one of them? (Think about it for a few seconds) We would find that kind of sexual exposure shocking today, and would likely call the police.

So, when a man insulted you with the backhand slap, you weren't supposed to get incensed (as we do on this forum), but rather, you were supposed to let him do it again if he wanted.... thus, belittling himself through his own excessive actions that were really unacceptable to the rest of society. One slap was OK, but the second made a bully out of you.

Sure. Getting back to the OP, we see the direction to go the extra mile as an encouragement to wisdom. Digging deeper.

Is it any wonder in this fast food, instant gratification society we live in...that people get the bible wrong? People get half-baked because of impatience. People like their bible micro-waved.

But the bible is fine dining...

Most people have left the table already by the time the main course has arrived. They just drank the milk and left...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

100% correct !
A slap on the cheek was considered an insult...a polite affront to one's dignity.

God's prophets suffered such treatment.
1 Kings 22:24 and also those who are persecuted for following God.

Jesus meant that we should indulge our offender to show that we are secure in our status with God, and we thus show contempt for the insulter's opinion. This would be obvious to both the offender and any onlookers. It would be like a witness, as we'd say today.

By turning the other cheek, we show an allegiance to a higher power

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I know some OP's have a rather dubious agenda filled with a lot of wanky ideas. To some, this might seem like such a post. But this is an important topic when you consider that the bible is written in a way that is unlike any other book. The bible is unique. As such we must compare the words found within against itself...or other times the same word is used.

Now the Greek word εις (eis) is a case in point. The gospel of John uses this word often. Of course John is speaking of spiritual things...things not meant to be grasped by human logic...but by the Spirit.

John 12:46 I have come into (εις) the world as light, so that whoever believes in (actually "into" εις) me may not remain in darkness.

So then...Jesus has come INTO the world as light, so that whoever believes INTO Him does not remain in darkness.

The word εις implies movement....going from one place to another. We go TO Jesus in order to enter INTO Jesus.

It is like being able to fly by entering INTO an airplane. It is the plane that can fly...not us. But we take on the ability to fly by entering INTO that which can. So in the same way we enter into Christ in order to walk as He walked....and to love as He loves.

We do this by faith.

Can faith move us? Jesus said faith can move a mountain. So, yes...even faith is not what we logically think it is. In fact, human logic has to be left out of the equation if we are to get an accurate picture of what the gospel is telling us.

Biblical faith is not just believing ABOUT Jesus it is a faith that moves us INTO Jesus where He is. Eternal life is found only in Him. So then we enter into Him where there is light and life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes INTO (εις ) him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Other words in the bible refer to movement also; such as:
Faith
Believe
Obey
Listen
Hear

It would help us very much to understand that the bible is a LIVING book.
We have a LIVING faith. It's a book of movement... of going.... of walking.

We can understand being INTO CHRIST as we nowadays say:
We are into something... we are into yoga, we are into food, we are into movies.

When we are "into" these things,,,we are MOVED to do things...
practice yoga
eat food
watch movies.

It's all about movement.
I hate to bring this up, but this is why loss of salvation is possible.
We are spiritually ALIVE when we are INTO Christ...
We are spiritually dead if we leave Christ.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Other words in the bible refer to movement also; such as:
Faith
Believe
Obey
Listen
Hear

It would help us very much to understand that the bible is a LIVING book.
We have a LIVING faith. It's a book of movement... of going.... of walking.

We can understand being INTO CHRIST as we nowadays say:
We are into something... we are into yoga, we are into food, we are into movies.

When we are "into" these things,,,we are MOVED to do things...
practice yoga
eat food
watch movies.

It's all about movement.
I hate to bring this up, but this is why loss of salvation is possible.
We are spiritually ALIVE when we are INTO Christ...
We are spiritually dead if we leave Christ.

There is a difference between a little boy being into airplanes...like he really digs them...and a person entering into an airplane to fly somewhere.

Reactions: faithfulness

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There is a difference between a little boy being into airplanes...like he really digs them...and a person entering into an airplane to fly somewhere.
We enter INTO Jesus to fly somewhere.

I do understand your point.
But being INTO JESUS is also a modern way of saying that we have to be interested in Him and follow Him.
I thought it was interesting how that Greek word means "into".

We have to be IN Jesus and HE has to be IN us.

Interesting thread.

P.S. It's reminding me of John 15:1-6

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We enter INTO Jesus to fly somewhere.

I do understand your point.
But being INTO JESUS is also a modern way of saying that we have to be interested in Him and follow Him.
I thought it was interesting how that Greek word means "into".

We have to be IN Jesus and HE has to be IN us.

Interesting thread.

P.S. It's reminding me of John 15:1-6

Exactly related! :)

Abide in Me and I in you.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

We do this by faith.

I didn't know the greek word used, but from somewhere in the word I picked up this understanding of being inside Christ. Could have been the analogies between Jesus and Noah's Ark.
1 Peter 3:20.

At least spiritually we need to stay with Christ. But while he is in heaven this is only possible through the Holy Spirit within us.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I didn't know the greek word used, but from somewhere in the word I picked up this understanding of being inside Christ. Could have been the analogies between Jesus and Noah's Ark.
1 Peter 3:20.

At least spiritually we need to stay with Christ. But while he is in heaven this is only possible through the Holy Spirit within us.

Amen. Good analogy with the ark. It is exactly like that. Although Jesus is in heaven we can...as you say...by the Spirit be there because of Him. He is the ark of our lives.

We do have Christ in us...as a seed waiting for us to die...be separated from our natural power...so that His life within us becomes the only life force we are living by. Unless we cease to be on our own throne, Jesus cannot be enthroned in us.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am reluctant to inject my observations into this thread.

There are so many theological views based around a single word that in the Greek from a quick check there might actually be three Greek Root words to describe the place in which the "expressed thoughts" is conveyed.

G:1519 εἰς eis (ice); a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases: –– KJV - [abundantly-], against, among, as, at, [back-] ward, before, by, concerning, continual, far more exceeding, for [intent, purposefore],, forth, in (among, at, unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, of one mind, never, of, (up-) on, perish, set at one again, (so) that, therefore (-unto), throughout, til, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-) until (-to), ... ward, [wherefore-], with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively).

Verse references where the Greek root/word G:1519 is found approximately 1766 times in the New Testament embedded in the following 2 Greek words:
1765 εἰς eis
1 εἴς eís

But we also have the following two Greek Roots: -

G:1537 ἐκ ek (ek) or ex (ex); a primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence action or motion proceeds), from, out (of place, time, or cause; literal or figurative; direct or remote): –– KJV - after, among, are, at, betwixt (-yond), by (the means of), exceedingly, (+abundantly above), for (-th), from (among, forth, up), grudgingly, heartily, heavenly, hereby, very highly, in, ...ly, (because, by reason) of, off (from), on, out among (from, of), over, since, thenceforth, through, unto, vehemently, with (-out). Often used in composition, with the same general import; often of completion.

Verse references where the Greek root/word G:1537 is found approximately 914 times in the New Testament embedded in the following 2 Greek words:
680 ἐκ ek
234 Ἐξ ex

and

G:1722 ἐν en (en); a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between G:1519 and G:1537); "in," at, (up-) on, by, etc.: –– KJV - about, after, against, almost, altogether, among, as, at, before, between, (here-) by (+all means), for (... sake of), giveself wholly to, (here-) in (-to, -wardly), mightily, (because) of, (up-) on, [openly-], outwardly, one, quickly, shortly, [speedily-], that, there (-in, -on), through (-out), (un-) to (-ward), under, when, where (-with), while, with (-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition.

Verse references where the Greek root/word G:1722 is found approximately 2752 times in the New Testament embedded in the following 2 Greek words:
2774 ἐv en
8 ἔν ex

Much wisdom is required to sort the theological differences.

Shalom

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am reluctant to inject my observations into this thread.

There are so many theological views based around a single word that in the Greek from a quick check there might actually be three Greek Root words to describe the place in which the "expressed thoughts" is conveyed.

G:1519 εἰς eis (ice); a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases: –– KJV - [abundantly-], against, among, as, at, [back-] ward, before, by, concerning, continual, far more exceeding, for [intent, purposefore],, forth, in (among, at, unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, of one mind, never, of, (up-) on, perish, set at one again, (so) that, therefore (-unto), throughout, til, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-) until (-to), ... ward, [wherefore-], with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively).

Verse references where the Greek root/word G:1519 is found approximately 1766 times in the New Testament embedded in the following 2 Greek words:
1765 εἰς eis
1 εἴς eís

But we also have the following two Greek Roots: -

G:1537 ἐκ ek (ek) or ex (ex); a primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence action or motion proceeds), from, out (of place, time, or cause; literal or figurative; direct or remote): –– KJV - after, among, are, at, betwixt (-yond), by (the means of), exceedingly, (+abundantly above), for (-th), from (among, forth, up), grudgingly, heartily, heavenly, hereby, very highly, in, ...ly, (because, by reason) of, off (from), on, out among (from, of), over, since, thenceforth, through, unto, vehemently, with (-out). Often used in composition, with the same general import; often of completion.

Verse references where the Greek root/word G:1537 is found approximately 914 times in the New Testament embedded in the following 2 Greek words:
680 ἐκ ek
234 Ἐξ ex

and

G:1722 ἐν en (en); a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between G:1519 and G:1537); "in," at, (up-) on, by, etc.: –– KJV - about, after, against, almost, altogether, among, as, at, before, between, (here-) by (+all means), for (... sake of), giveself wholly to, (here-) in (-to, -wardly), mightily, (because) of, (up-) on, [openly-], outwardly, one, quickly, shortly, [speedily-], that, there (-in, -on), through (-out), (un-) to (-ward), under, when, where (-with), while, with (-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition.

Verse references where the Greek root/word G:1722 is found approximately 2752 times in the New Testament embedded in the following 2 Greek words:
2774 ἐv en
8 ἔν ex

Much wisdom is required to sort the theological differences.

Shalom

I agree, although Episkopos' theological use of εἰς was a sound one, IMO. I would stick with a translation in John 3:16 of something like "whoever believes unto Him" or "in Him," but if the theology behind a translation is sound, I have no problem with it.

Blessings and peace.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree, although Episkopos' theological use of εἰς was a sound one, IMO. I would stick with a translation in John 3:16 of something like "whoever believes unto Him" or "in Him," but if the theology behind a translation is sound, I have no problem with it.

Blessings and peace.

THE ISSUE IS THE FOLLOWING: - Below is a list from one source of where εἰς is found in the New testament: -

Matthew 2:1, 2:8, 2:11, 2:12, 2:13, 2:14, 2:20, 2:21, 2:22, 2:23, 3:10, 3:11, 3:12, 4:1, 4:5, 4:8, 4:12, 4:13, 4:18, 4:24, 5:1, 5:13, 5:20, 5:22, 5:25, 5:29, 5:30, 5:35, 5:39, 6:6, 6:13, 6:26, 6:26, 6:30, 6:34, 7:13, 7:14, 7:19, 7:21, 8:4, 8:5, 8:12, 8:14, 8:18, 8:23, 8:28, 8:28, 8:31, 8:32, 8:32, 8:33, 8:34, 9:1, 9:1, 9:6, 9:7, 9:17, 9:17, 9:23, 9:26, 9:28, 9:38, 10:5, 10:5, 10:9, 10:10, 10:11, 10:12, 10:17, 10:18, 10:21, 10:22, 10:23, 10:27, 10:41, 10:41, 10:42, 11:7, 12:4, 12:9, 12:11, 12:18, 12:20, 12:29, 12:41, 12:44, 13:2, 13:22, 13:30, 13:30, 13:33, 13:36, 13:42, 13:47, 13:48, 13:50, 13:54, 14:13, 14:15, 14:19, 14:22, 14:22, 14:23, 14:31, 14:32, 14:34, 14:35, 15:11, 15:14, 15:17, 15:17, 15:17, 15:21, 15:24, 15:29, 15:39, 15:39, 16:5, 16:13, 16:21, 17:1, 17:15, 17:15, 17:22, 17:24, 17:25, 17:27, 18:3, 18:6, 18:8, 18:8, 18:9, 18:9, 18:15, 18:20, 18:21, 18:30, 19:1, 19:5, 19:17, 19:23, 19:24, 20:1, 20:2, 20:4, 20:7, 20:17, 20:18, 20:19, 21:1, 21:1, 21:1, 21:2, 21:10, 21:12, 21:17, 21:18, 21:19, 21:21, 21:23, 21:31, 21:42, 21:46, 22:3, 22:4, 22:5, 22:9, 22:10, 22:13, 22:16, 23:34, 24:9, 24:13, 24:14, 24:16, 24:38, 25:1, 25:6, 25:10, 25:21, 25:23, 25:30, 25:41, 25:46, 25:46, 26:2, 26:3, 26:8, 26:10, 26:13, 26:18, 26:28, 26:30, 26:32, 26:36, 26:41, 26:45, 26:52, 26:67, 26:71, 27:5, 27:6, 27:7, 27:10, 27:27, 27:30, 27:30, 27:31, 27:33, 27:51, 27:53, 28:1, 28:7, 28:10, 28:11, 28:16, 28:16, 28:19,
Mark 1:4, 1:9, 1:10, 1:12, 1:14, 1:21, 1:21, 1:28, 1:29, 1:35, 1:38, 1:38, 1:39, 1:39, 1:44, 1:45, 2:1, 2:11, 2:22, 2:22, 2:26, 3:1, 3:3, 3:13, 3:19, 3:27, 3:29, 3:29, 4:1, 4:7, 4:8, 4:15, 4:18, 4:22, 4:35, 4:37, 5:1, 5:1, 5:12, 5:12, 5:13, 5:13, 5:14, 5:14, 5:18, 5:19, 5:21, 5:26, 5:34, 5:38, 6:1, 6:8, 6:8, 6:10, 6:11, 6:31, 6:32, 6:36, 6:41, 6:45, 6:45, 6:46, 6:51, 6:53, 6:56, 6:56, 6:56, 7:15, 7:17, 7:18, 7:19, 7:19, 7:19, 7:24, 7:24, 7:30, 7:31, 7:33, 7:34, 8:3, 8:10, 8:10, 8:13, 8:19, 8:20, 8:22, 8:23, 8:26, 8:26, 8:27, 9:2, 9:22, 9:22, 9:25, 9:28, 9:31, 9:33, 9:42, 9:42, 9:43, 9:43, 9:43, 9:45, 9:45, 9:47, 9:47, 10:1, 10:8, 10:10, 10:15, 10:17, 10:23, 10:24, 10:25, 10:32, 10:33, 10:46, 11:1, 11:1, 11:2, 11:2, 11:8, 11:11, 11:11, 11:11, 11:14, 11:15, 11:15, 11:23, 11:27, 12:10, 12:14, 12:41, 12:43, 13:3, 13:9, 13:9, 13:9, 13:10, 13:12, 13:13, 13:14, 13:16, 13:16, 14:4, 14:8, 14:9, 14:9, 14:13, 14:16, 14:20, 14:26, 14:28, 14:32, 14:38, 14:41, 14:54, 14:55, 14:60, 14:68, 15:34, 15:38, 15:41, 16:5, 16:7, 16:12, 16:15, 16:19,
Luke 1:9, 1:20, 1:23, 1:26, 1:33, 1:39, 1:39, 1:40, 1:44, 1:50, 1:55, 1:56, 1:79, 2:3, 2:4, 2:4, 2:15, 2:22, 2:27, 2:28, 2:32, 2:34, 2:34, 2:39, 2:39, 2:41, 2:45, 2:51, 3:3, 3:3, 3:5, 3:5, 3:9, 3:17, 4:9, 4:14, 4:16, 4:16, 4:23, 4:26, 4:31, 4:35, 4:37, 4:38, 4:42, 4:44, 5:3, 5:4, 5:4, 5:14, 5:17, 5:19, 5:24, 5:25, 5:32, 5:37, 5:38, 6:4, 6:6, 6:8, 6:12, 6:20, 6:38, 6:39, 7:1, 7:1, 7:10, 7:11, 7:24, 7:30, 7:36, 7:44, 7:50, 8:8, 8:14, 8:17, 8:22, 8:22, 8:23, 8:26, 8:29, 8:30, 8:31, 8:32, 8:33, 8:33, 8:34, 8:34, 8:37, 8:39, 8:41, 8:48, 8:51, 9:3, 9:4, 9:5, 9:10, 9:12, 9:13, 9:16, 9:28, 9:34, 9:44, 9:44, 9:51, 9:52, 9:53, 9:56, 9:61, 9:62, 10:1, 10:2, 10:5, 10:7, 10:8, 10:10, 10:10, 10:11, 10:30, 10:34, 10:36, 10:38, 11:4, 11:7, 11:24, 11:32, 11:33, 11:49, 12:5, 12:10, 12:10, 12:19, 12:21, 12:28, 12:58, 13:9, 13:11, 13:19, 13:19, 13:21, 13:22, 14:1, 14:5, 14:8, 14:8, 14:10, 14:21, 14:23, 14:28, 14:31, 14:35, 14:35, 15:6, 15:13, 15:15, 15:17, 15:18, 15:21, 15:22, 15:22, 16:4, 16:8, 16:9, 16:16, 16:22, 16:27, 16:28, 17:2, 17:4, 17:11, 17:24, 17:27, 17:31, 18:5, 18:10, 18:13, 18:14, 18:17, 18:24, 18:25, 18:31, 18:35, 19:4, 19:12, 19:28, 19:29, 19:30, 19:45, 20:17, 21:1, 21:4, 21:12, 21:13, 21:21, 21:21, 21:24, 21:37, 22:3, 22:10, 22:10, 22:10, 22:17, 22:19, 22:33, 22:33, 22:39, 22:40, 22:46, 22:54, 22:65, 22:66, 23:25, 23:42, 23:46, 24:5, 24:7, 24:13, 24:20, 24:26, 24:28, 24:33, 24:47, 24:47, 24:51, 24:52,
John 1:7, 1:9, 1:11, 1:12, 1:18, 1:43, 2:2, 2:11, 2:12, 2:13, 2:23, 3:4, 3:5, 3:13, 3:16, 3:17, 3:18, 3:18, 3:19, 3:22, 3:24, 3:36, 4:3, 4:5, 4:8, 4:14, 4:14, 4:28, 4:36, 4:38, 4:39, 4:43, 4:45, 4:45, 4:46, 4:47, 4:54, 5:1, 5:7, 5:24, 5:24, 5:29, 5:29, 5:45, 6:3, 6:9, 6:14, 6:15, 6:17, 6:17, 6:21, 6:21, 6:22, 6:24, 6:24, 6:27, 6:29, 6:35, 6:40, 6:51, 6:58, 6:66, 7:3, 7:5, 7:8, 7:8, 7:10, 7:14, 7:31, 7:35, 7:38, 7:39, 7:48, 7:53, 8:1, 8:2, 8:6, 8:8, 8:26, 8:30, 8:35, 8:35, 8:51, 8:52, 9:7, 9:11, 9:35, 9:36, 9:39, 9:39, 10:1, 10:28, 10:36, 10:40, 10:42, 11:7, 11:25, 11:26, 11:26, 11:27, 11:30, 11:31, 11:38, 11:45, 11:48, 11:52, 11:54, 11:54, 11:55, 11:56, 12:1, 12:7, 12:11, 12:12, 12:12, 12:13, 12:24, 12:25, 12:27, 12:34, 12:36, 12:37, 12:42, 12:44, 12:44, 12:44, 12:46, 12:46, 13:1, 13:2, 13:3, 13:5, 13:22, 13:27, 13:29, 14:1, 14:1, 14:12, 14:16, 15:6, 15:21, 16:9, 16:20, 16:21, 16:28, 16:32, 17:1, 17:18, 17:18, 17:20, 17:23, 18:1, 18:6, 18:11, 18:15, 18:28, 18:28, 18:33, 18:37, 18:37, 18:37, 19:9, 19:13, 19:17, 19:27, 19:37, 20:1, 20:3, 20:4, 20:6, 20:7, 20:8, 20:11, 20:14, 20:19, 20:25, 20:25, 20:26, 20:27, 21:3, 21:4, 21:6, 21:7, 21:9, 21:11, 21:23,

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Continuing from the post above: -

Acts 1:10, 1:11, 1:11, 1:11, 1:12, 1:13, 1:25, 2:5, 2:20, 2:20, 2:22, 2:25, 2:27, 2:31, 2:34, 2:38, 2:39, 3:1, 3:2, 3:3, 3:4, 3:4, 3:8, 3:19, 4:3, 4:3, 4:11, 4:17, 4:30, 5:15, 5:21, 5:21, 5:36, 6:11, 6:12, 6:15, 7:3, 7:4, 7:4, 7:5, 7:9, 7:12, 7:15, 7:16, 7:19, 7:21, 7:26, 7:34, 7:39, 7:53, 7:55, 8:3, 8:5, 8:16, 8:20, 8:23, 8:25, 8:26, 8:27, 8:38, 8:40, 8:40, 9:1, 9:2, 9:2, 9:6, 9:8, 9:17, 9:21, 9:21, 9:26, 9:28, 9:30, 9:30, 9:39, 10:4, 10:5, 10:8, 10:16, 10:22, 10:24, 10:32, 10:43, 11:2, 11:6, 11:8, 11:10, 11:12, 11:13, 11:18, 11:20, 11:22, 11:25, 11:26, 11:27, 11:29, 12:4, 12:10, 12:17, 12:19, 12:25, 13:2, 13:4, 13:4, 13:9, 13:13, 13:13, 13:14, 13:14, 13:22, 13:29, 13:31, 13:34, 13:42, 13:46, 13:47, 13:47, 13:48, 13:51, 14:1, 14:6, 14:14, 14:20, 14:20, 14:21, 14:21, 14:21, 14:22, 14:23, 14:24, 14:25, 14:26, 14:26, 15:2, 15:4, 15:22, 15:30, 15:38, 15:39, 16:1, 16:1, 16:7, 16:8, 16:9, 16:10, 16:11, 16:11, 16:12, 16:15, 16:16, 16:19, 16:23, 16:24, 16:24, 16:34, 16:37, 17:1, 17:5, 17:10, 17:10, 17:20, 17:21, 18:1, 18:6, 18:7, 18:18, 18:19, 18:19, 18:22, 18:22, 18:24, 18:27, 19:1, 19:3, 19:3, 19:4, 19:4, 19:5, 19:8, 19:21, 19:22, 19:22, 19:27, 19:27, 19:29, 19:30, 19:31, 20:1, 20:2, 20:3, 20:6, 20:14, 20:14, 20:15, 20:15, 20:16, 20:17, 20:18, 20:21, 20:21, 20:22, 20:29, 20:38, 21:1, 21:1, 21:1, 21:2, 21:3, 21:3, 21:4, 21:6, 21:6, 21:7, 21:8, 21:8, 21:11, 21:12, 21:13, 21:15, 21:17, 21:26, 21:28, 21:29, 21:34, 21:37, 21:38, 22:4, 22:5, 22:5, 22:7, 22:10, 22:11, 22:13, 22:17, 22:21, 22:23, 22:24, 22:30, 23:10, 23:11, 23:11, 23:15, 23:16, 23:20, 23:28, 23:30, 23:31, 23:32, 23:33, 24:11, 24:15, 24:17, 24:24, 25:1, 25:3, 25:4, 25:6, 25:8, 25:8, 25:8, 25:9, 25:13, 25:15, 25:20, 25:21, 25:23, 26:6, 26:7, 26:11, 26:12, 26:14, 26:16, 26:17, 26:18, 26:18, 26:24, 27:1, 27:2, 27:3, 27:5, 27:6, 27:6, 27:8, 27:12, 27:17, 27:26, 27:30, 27:38, 27:39, 27:40, 27:40, 27:41, 28:5, 28:6, 28:12, 28:13, 28:13, 28:14, 28:15, 28:16, 28:17, 28:23,
Romans 1:1, 1:5, 1:11, 1:16, 1:17, 1:20, 1:24, 1:25, 1:26, 1:26, 1:27, 1:28, 2:4, 2:26, 3:7, 3:22, 3:25, 3:26, 4:3, 4:5, 4:9, 4:11, 4:11, 4:16, 4:18, 4:20, 4:22, 5:2, 5:8, 5:12, 5:12, 5:15, 5:16, 5:16, 5:18, 5:18, 5:18, 5:18, 5:21, 6:3, 6:3, 6:4, 6:12, 6:16, 6:16, 6:16, 6:17, 6:19, 6:19, 6:22, 7:4, 7:5, 7:10, 7:10, 8:7, 8:15, 8:18, 8:21, 8:28, 8:29, 9:5, 9:8, 9:17, 9:21, 9:21, 9:22, 9:23, 9:31, 10:1, 10:4, 10:6, 10:7, 10:10, 10:10, 10:12, 10:14, 10:18, 10:18, 11:9, 11:9, 11:9, 11:9, 11:11, 11:24, 11:32, 11:36, 11:36, 12:2, 12:3, 12:10, 12:16, 13:4, 13:4, 13:6, 13:14, 14:1, 14:9, 14:19, 15:2, 15:4, 15:7, 15:8, 15:13, 15:16, 15:16, 15:18, 15:24, 15:25, 15:26, 15:28, 15:31, 16:5, 16:6, 16:19, 16:19, 16:19, 16:26, 16:26, 16:27,
1 Corinthians 1:9, 1:13, 1:15, 2:7, 4:3, 4:6, 5:5, 6:16, 6:18, 8:6, 8:10, 8:12, 8:12, 8:13, 9:18, 10:2, 10:6, 10:11, 10:31, 11:17, 11:17, 11:22, 11:24, 11:25, 11:33, 11:34, 12:13, 14:8, 14:9, 14:22, 14:36, 15:10, 15:45, 15:45, 15:54, 16:1, 16:3, 16:15,
2 Corinthians 1:4, 1:5, 1:10, 1:11, 1:16, 1:16, 1:21, 1:23, 2:4, 2:8, 2:9, 2:9, 2:12, 2:12, 2:13, 2:16, 2:16, 3:7, 3:13, 3:18, 4:4, 4:11, 4:15, 4:17, 5:5, 6:1, 6:18, 6:18, 7:3, 7:5, 7:9, 7:10, 7:15, 8:2, 8:4, 8:6, 8:6, 8:14, 8:14, 8:22, 8:23, 8:24, 8:24, 9:1, 9:5, 9:8, 9:8, 9:9, 9:10, 9:11, 9:13, 9:13, 9:13, 10:1, 10:5, 10:8, 10:8, 10:13, 10:14, 10:15, 10:15, 10:16, 10:16, 11:3, 11:6, 11:10, 11:13, 11:14, 11:20, 11:31, 12:1, 12:4, 12:6, 13:2, 13:3, 13:4, 13:10, 13:10,
Galatians 1:5, 1:6, 1:17, 1:17, 1:17, 1:18, 1:21, 2:1, 2:2, 2:8, 2:8, 2:9, 2:9, 2:11, 2:16, 3:6, 3:14, 3:17, 3:23, 3:24, 3:27, 4:6, 4:11, 4:24, 5:10, 5:13, 6:4, 6:4, 6:8, 6:8,
Ephesians 1:5, 1:5, 1:6, 1:8, 1:10, 1:12, 1:12, 1:14, 1:14, 1:15, 1:18, 1:19, 2:15, 2:21, 2:22, 3:2, 3:16, 3:19, 3:21, 4:8, 4:9, 4:12, 4:12, 4:13, 4:13, 4:13, 4:15, 4:16, 4:19, 4:30, 4:32, 5:2, 5:31, 5:32, 5:32, 6:18, 6:22,
Philippians 1:5, 1:10, 1:10, 1:11, 1:12, 1:16, 1:19, 1:23, 1:25, 1:29, 2:11, 2:16, 2:16, 2:16, 2:16, 2:22, 3:11, 3:14, 3:16, 4:15, 4:16, 4:17, 4:20,
Colossians 1:4, 1:6, 1:10, 1:11, 1:12, 1:13, 1:16, 1:20, 1:25, 1:29, 2:2, 2:2, 2:5, 2:22, 3:9, 3:10, 3:15, 4:8, 4:11,
1 Thessalonians 1:5, 2:9, 2:12, 2:12, 2:16, 2:16, 3:2, 3:3, 3:5, 3:5, 3:10, 3:12, 3:12, 3:12, 3:13, 4:8, 4:9, 4:10, 4:15, 4:17, 4:17, 5:9, 5:9, 5:15, 5:15, 5:18,
2 Thessalonians 1:3, 1:5, 1:11, 2:2, 2:4, 2:6, 2:10, 2:11, 2:13, 2:14, 2:14, 3:5, 3:5, 3:9,
1 Timothy 1:3, 1:6, 1:12, 1:15, 1:16, 1:17, 2:4, 2:7, 3:6, 3:7, 4:3, 4:10, 5:24, 6:7, 6:9, 6:9, 6:12, 6:17, 6:19,
2 Timothy 1:11, 1:12, 2:20, 2:20, 2:21, 2:21, 2:25, 2:26, 3:6, 3:7, 3:15, 4:10, 4:10, 4:10, 4:11, 4:12, 4:18, 4:18,
Titus 3:12, 3:14,
Philemon 1:5, 1:6,
Hebrews 1:5, 1:5, 1:6, 1:8, 1:14, 2:3, 2:10, 2:17, 3:5, 3:11, 3:18, 4:1, 4:3, 4:3, 4:5, 4:6, 4:10, 4:11, 4:16, 5:6, 6:6, 6:8, 6:10, 6:16, 6:19, 6:20, 7:3, 7:14, 7:17, 7:21, 7:24, 7:25, 7:25, 7:28, 8:3, 8:10, 8:10, 8:10, 9:6, 9:7, 9:9, 9:12, 9:14, 9:15, 9:24, 9:24, 9:25, 9:26, 9:28, 9:28, 10:1, 10:5, 10:12, 10:14, 10:19, 10:24, 10:31, 10:39, 10:39, 11:3, 11:7, 11:8, 11:8, 11:9, 11:11, 11:26, 12:2, 12:3, 12:7, 12:10, 13:8, 13:11, 13:21, 13:21,
James 1:18, 1:19, 1:19, 1:19, 1:25, 2:2, 2:6, 2:23, 3:3, 3:3, 4:9, 4:9, 4:13, 5:3, 5:4,
1 Peter 1:2, 1:3, 1:4, 1:4, 1:5, 1:7, 1:8, 1:10, 1:11, 1:11, 1:12, 1:21, 1:21, 1:22, 1:25, 1:25, 2:2, 2:5, 2:7, 2:8, 2:9, 2:9, 2:14, 2:21, 3:5, 3:7, 3:9, 3:12, 3:20, 3:21, 3:22, 4:2, 4:4, 4:6, 4:7, 4:8, 4:9, 4:10, 4:11, 5:10, 5:11, 5:12,
2 Peter 1:8, 1:11, 1:17, 2:4, 2:9, 2:12, 2:22, 3:7, 3:9, 3:9, 3:18, 1 John 2:17, 3:8, 3:14, 4:1, 4:9, 5:8, 5:10, 5:10, 5:13,
2 John 1:2, 1:7, 1:10,
3 John 1:5,
Jude 1:4, 1:4, 1:6, 1:13, 1:21, 1:25,
Revelation 1:6, 1:11, 1:11, 1:11, 1:11, 1:11, 1:11, 1:11, 1:11, 1:18, 2:10, 2:22, 2:22, 4:9, 4:10, 5:6, 5:13, 6:13, 6:15, 6:15, 7:12, 8:5, 8:7, 8:8, 8:11, 9:1, 9:3, 9:7, 9:9, 9:15, 10:5, 10:6, 11:6, 11:9, 11:12, 11:15, 12:4, 12:6, 12:9, 12:13, 12:14, 12:14, 13:3, 13:6, 13:10, 13:10, 13:13, 14:11, 14:19, 14:19, 15:7, 15:8, 16:1, 16:2, 16:3, 16:4, 16:14, 16:16, 16:19, 17:3, 17:8, 17:11, 17:17, 18:21, 19:3, 19:9, 19:17, 19:20, 20:3, 20:8, 20:10, 20:10, 20:14, 20:15, 21:24, 21:26, 21:27, 22:2, 22:5, 22:14

There are small differences in the respective lists, but the way in which this word is translated into the English Text is dependant on the translator's theological understanding of the message content of the original Greek text and how he determined to express that understanding in the Translated English text.

Going to deeply into the word plays is not always of beneficial for all concerned.

Shalom