The Seventh Seal

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Revelation 8:1 When the Lamb broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about a half hour.

We are clearly told that the ‘about a half hour’, is in heaven. Time in heaven is not and cannot be the same as earthly time, heaven doesn’t rotate or orbit the sun. God is eternal, His ways are not our ways. Anyway, the Bible informs us twice that one day in heaven is like [as] 1000 years on earth. Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8 Genesis speaks of ‘6 days’ of creation, it seems more logical that they were actually 1000 year periods, or allegorically pointing to God’s 7000 year Plan for the earth.

We have a date for the completion of the 6000 year era of mankind’s rule, obtained from the careful addition of the given Biblical time periods and the commencement of Jesus’ ministry in 29/30 AD. Luke 3:1 2

The three tranches of 2000 years: Adam to Abraham, Abraham to Jesus. The first Advent to the glorious Return, then the thousand year Millennium reign of King Jesus. Gods 7000 year Plan for Mankind on the physical earth.

It had been assumed that the ‘half hour’ starts soon after the Sixth Seal and finishes at the commencement of the Trumpet and Bowl punishments of the Great Tribulation. That is: 3½ years before the Return. But the Sixth Seal commences the Wrath of God and the Lamb, Rev. 6:17, then we see it isn’t until the completion of the Great Tribulation, that the Wrath of God is finished. Revelation 15:1

The calculation of 1000 divided by 48 gives us a heavenly half-hour of about 20 earth years. But that is only the centre of a range of years possible because it is "about" a half-hour.

Calculating the range of years is based upon statistical rules: Since the text tells us a half-hour, we examine the next divisible time period which is a quarter-hour. We simply find the distance between 30 minutes and 15 minutes (above and below) and find the half-way points. This gives us +/- 5 centred on 20 years. Therefore the range is from 15 years to 25 years. If the actual year is outside of this range, then the Revelation account would have read "about a quarter of an hour” or “about three-quarters of an hour." But, Revelation says "about a half-hour." Thus we know it can't be outside the range of 15 to 25 years (including anything in between) otherwise "about an half-hour" would be wrong .

Therefore if, as seems likely, if the Sixth Seal – the great and terrible Day of the Lord, happens very soon – then the Seventh Seal follows immediately afterwards. So that will be the period of ‘silence in heaven’ but of tumult and huge changes on earth!

A lot must happen during that time – the regeneration of the Land, many prophesies about that – the Lord will send rain. Then the gathering, and settling of His people, again many prophecies – houses rebuilt, land productive... The selection of the 144,000, The Gog Magog attack and 7 years clean up. The treaty with the Anti-Christ, the AoD in the new Temple and 3½ years of the Great Tribulation. Then the glorious Return.

It all fits and I see the Hand of God in it.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The calculation of 1000 divided by 48 gives us a heavenly half-hour of about 20 earth years. But that is only the centre of a range of years possible because it is "about" a half-hour.
Wow your claims are magical, are you sure it's not 22 earth years?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation 8:1 When the Lamb broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about a half hour.

We are clearly told that the ‘about a half hour’, is in heaven. Time in heaven is not and cannot be the same as earthly time, heaven doesn’t rotate or orbit the sun. God is eternal, His ways are not our ways. Anyway, the Bible informs us twice that one day in heaven is like [as] 1000 years on earth. Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8 Genesis speaks of ‘6 days’ of creation, it seems more logical that they were actually 1000 year periods, or allegorically pointing to God’s 7000 year Plan for the earth.

We have a date for the completion of the 6000 year era of mankind’s rule, obtained from the careful addition of the given Biblical time periods and the commencement of Jesus’ ministry in 29/30 AD. Luke 3:1 2

The three tranches of 2000 years: Adam to Abraham, Abraham to Jesus. The first Advent to the glorious Return, then the thousand year Millennium reign of King Jesus. Gods 7000 year Plan for Mankind on the physical earth.

It had been assumed that the ‘half hour’ starts soon after the Sixth Seal and finishes at the commencement of the Trumpet and Bowl punishments of the Great Tribulation. That is: 3½ years before the Return. But the Sixth Seal commences the Wrath of God and the Lamb, Rev. 6:17, then we see it isn’t until the completion of the Great Tribulation, that the Wrath of God is finished. Revelation 15:1

Calculating the range of years is based upon statistical rules: Since the text tells us a half-hour, we examine the next divisible time period which is a quarter-hour. We simply find the distance between 30 minutes and 15 minutes (above and below) and find the half-way points. This gives us +/- 5 centred on 20 years. Therefore the range is from 15 years to 25 years. If the actual year is outside of this range, then the Revelation account would have read "about a quarter of an hour” or “about three-quarters of an hour." But, Revelation says "about a half-hour." Thus we know it can't be outside the range of 15 to 25 years (including anything in between) otherwise "about an half-hour" would be wrong .

Therefore if, as seems likely, if the Sixth Seal – the great and terrible Day of the Lord, happens very soon – then the Seventh Seal follows immediately afterwards. So that will be the period of ‘silence in heaven’ but of tumult and huge changes on earth!

A lot must happen during that time – the regeneration of the Land, many prophesies about that – the Lord will send rain. Then the gathering, and settling of His people, again many prophecies – houses rebuilt, land productive... The selection of the 144,000, The Gog Magog attack and 7 years clean up. The treaty with the Anti-Christ, the AoD in the new Temple and 3½ years of the Great Tribulation. Then the glorious Return.

You say, 'Time in heaven is not and cannot be the same as earthly time' yet you continue and calculate Heaven time by Earth time.

You have just nullified your own assertion!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore the range is from 15 years to 25 years. If the actual year is outside of this range, then the Revelation account would have read "about a quarter of an hour” or “about three-quarters of an hour." But, Revelation says "about a half-hour."
Is it a quarter hour, three quarters, or one half hour, lead us to your truth oh wise one!

"Big Smiles"!

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Anytime someone has to go into great details to defend their position, should raise a red flag.

God speaks to us in His Word and speaks plainly. All this mumbo Jumbo of uncovering a heavenly half hour is mumbo jumbo. It is silent in heaven for about 30 minutes as we know it and not as some mystics who believe they have uncovered some secret truth wish to say.

Teh seventh seal introduces the seven trumpets.

Revelation 8

King James Version

8 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

This is all the results of the seventh seal being opened! Just what He wrote. To add to this is to add to ones self the plagues found as John warned!

It never ceases to amaze me how sincere followers of Jesus feel the compulsion to have to add or reinterpret the Word of God in every generation.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You say, 'Time in heaven is not and cannot be the same as earthly time' yet you continue and calculate Heaven time by Earth time.

You have just nullified your own assertion!
God; thru His Prophets, tells us things in the way we can understand them.
There are no clocks in heaven, the half hour of the 7th Seal, is given to us for the understanding of those with discernment and a desire to know the truths of God's Plans for our future.

T7t7, your attitude simply shows your inability to do math, as well as understand Prophecy.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always thought that I have a liberal view on Orthodox Christianity and my viewpoint is that there are seven congregations...

1. Ephesus - Messianic
2. Smyrna - Martyr
3. Pergamos - Orthodox
4. Thyatira - Catholic
5. Sardis - Protestant
6. Philadelphia - Methodist - And the many subsequent denominations
7. Laodicea - Charismatic

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals seal each congregation within the lambs book of life
Angels - Preachers to the congregations.

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

If this interpretation is not correct why all the ado? And... If you have a better interpretation please post your info! I dont mind for people to disagree with me and may end up learning a thing of two! I believe the churches came down as seven and each congregation is different in their generation!

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? - Revelation 5:1-2

I believe the seven seals seal the Lamb's Book of Life and that once this book is sealed the rapture will take place. After that, the book will be unsealed, with plagues following.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Teh seventh seal introduces the seven trumpets.
It is illogical for the Seven Trumpets to commence immediately. My REBible does not say 'And' - I saw the seven angels who stand in the Presence of God......
There must be some time for all the end times Prophesied things to happen. 15 + years would be a minimum.
It never ceases to amaze me how sincere followers of Jesus feel the compulsion to have to add or reinterpret the Word of God in every generation.
This is what I see you doing.
A Pre-Trib rapture to heaven is an addition to scripture.

Exactly how is the OP a 'reinterpretation' of scripture?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is illogical for the Seven Trumpets to commence immediately. My REBible does not say 'And' - I saw the seven angels who stand in the Presence of God......
There must be some time for all the end times Prophesied things to happen. 15 + years would be a minimum.

Rapture isn't in the bible... But caught up is!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this is not the Lamb's Book of Life why all the ado? How are we unsealing the book if the book is not already filled?

1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God; thru His Prophets, tells us things in the way we can understand them.
There are no clocks in heaven, the half hour of the 7th Seal, is given to us for the understanding of those with discernment and a desire to know the truths of God's Plans for our future.

T7t7, your attitude simply shows your inability to do math, as well as understand Prophecy.
The Seals are all messages of woe......they are to do with suffering and specifically, the problem of suffering.

We are told John wept and wept because no one could be found to open the scroll. In retrospect this becomes clear.....in other words, John panicked/distraught because it appeared that suffering would go on unendingly and no one (not even God on his throne) was seen able to solve it.

In this context, all Heaven's residents were gobsmacked.....subsequently silence in heaven. However, one came forward.....the least expected solution, a slaughtered lamb.

There is more to be said.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Rapture isn't in the bible... But caught up is!
Yes, but where to? 1Thess 4:16-17 plainly says that Jesus has departed from heaven and His faithful people gather to Hin in the clouds.
Jesus returns to the earth to rule and reign for the next thousand years. Revelation 20
His people are His priests and co-rulers on earth: stated crustal clearly in Revelation 3:0=9-10

Your fav 'rapture to heaven' is a lie and will never happen.
There is more to be said.
Yes, Revelation 8:2 to Rev 18:10 must take place before the glorious Return. That will take about 15-20 years.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your first statment in this answer is a reinterpretation. Teh seven trumpets follow the 7 th seal opening. Then after teh seven trumpets comes the seven vials which scripture says are the last of the plagues.

And your or my logic mean nothing. It is the word and not our "logical understanding" of it but what God says. If there is a pause it is only to allow for the events written to happen.

Revelation 8

King James Version

8 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

Any other insertions are based on opinion and not Scripture.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your first statment in this answer is a reinterpretation. Teh seven trumpets follow the 7 th seal opening. Then after teh seven trumpets comes the seven vials which scripture says are the last of the plagues.

And your or my logic mean nothing. It is the word and not our "logical understanding" of it but what God says. If there is a pause it is only to allow for the events written to happen.
So then: when is that 'half hour? Before the Seven Trumpets, during all the prophesied end times, or somewhere else?
Any other insertions are based on opinion and not Scripture.
I actually based the proof that a 15-20 year period is meant at the Seventh Seal, on scripture. It is your opinion, unsupported by scripture that opposes it.

Have you really considered this idea? Or just rejected it out of hand, because it is something you had never heard of.
That amount of time between the Sixth Seal and the glorious Return, IS logical and fits all that must take place.
If there is a pause it is only to allow for the events written to happen.
Correct. That is how it will happen.
Really think about it and consider the truth of what God has told us. He has made it more difficult for anyone without the Holy Spirit.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then: when is that 'half hour? Before the Seven Trumpets, during all the prophesied end times, or somewhere else?
1/2 hour. God is revealing things to us in terms we can understand. John was not in some mystical trance writing Christian code.
I actually based the proof that a 15-20 year period is meant at the Seventh Seal, on scripture. It is your opinion, unsupported by scripture that opposes it.
No, you were basing it on your forced interpretation of SCripture and that you had to come up with this formula to describe a term everyone of Jesus followers have understood in simple terms. You demand that 1,000 years are but a day in heaven, when the language and construct of the main passage you and others misuse i the Peter passage. It is a metaphor and if you kept it in the context it was written in you would know that it was a metaphor to describe the patience and longsuffering of god and not some measurement of time in eternity.
Have you really considered this idea? Or just rejected it out of hand, because it is something you had never heard of.
That amount of time between the Sixth Seal and the glorious Return, IS logical and fits all that must take place.
I have heard many thins like this. but because you base it on a faulty assumption that a day in heaven is 1,000 years on earth- your answer is wrong because you start from a false premise.
Correct. That is how it will happen.
Really think about it and consider the truth of what God has told us. He has made it more difficult for anyone without the Holy Spirit.

I know what god has written and what Keraz interprets it to be violating the command of Scripture against personal opinions. but I see once again you are back with the implication that if I disagree with you I must not have the Holy Spirit.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Silence in heaven for about half an hour" refers rather to "a time, times, and half a time." All of which refers to the dividing of times, which is the dividing of the light from the darkness.

"Silence" refers rather to a lack of time (as without time) wherein there is "the Beginning and the End" revealed in heaven without time, and in the world in times divided.

Not a point in times, but a point in heaven of dividing the light from the darkness.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have heard many thins like this. but because you base it on a faulty assumption that a day in heaven is 1,000 years on earth- your answer is wrong because you start from a false premise.
So Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8 are meaningless?
That is just your unsupported opinion. Made because you don't like and can't be bothered to find out the truths of this issue.
Not a point in times, but a point in heaven of dividing the light from the darkness.
You are getting worse, I hope this caps your weird notions. But I suspect your vivid imagination will come up with plenty more left field ideas!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Silence in heaven for about half an hour" refers rather to "a time, times, and half a time." All of which refers to the dividing of times, which is the dividing of the light from the darkness.

"Silence" refers rather to a lack of time (as without time) wherein there is "the Beginning and the End" revealed in heaven without time, and in the world in times divided.

You are getting worse, I hope this caps your weird notions. But I suspect your vivid imagination will come up with plenty more left field ideas!
Apparently you do not fully understand the great difference between heaven and earth.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8 are meaningless?
That is just your unsupported opinion. Made because you don't like and can't be bothered to find out the truths of this issue.
Well if one kept those verses in context and followed the basic grammar school rules of grammar, one knows that these are metaphors to describe that time is meaningless in eternity. They are not statements to establish a doctrine that a day is actually 1,000 years to God.

And remember God is talking to us and describing his patience to us in terms we can understand, it is not about time but describing how timeless god is.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well if one kept those verses in context and followed the basic grammar school rules of grammar, one knows that these are metaphors to describe that time is meaningless in eternity. They are not statements to establish a doctrine that a day is actually 1,000 years to God.

And remember God is talking to us and describing his patience to us in terms we can understand, it is not about time but describing how timeless god is.
We are not talking about Eternity. God clearly tells us that to Him in His Spiritual realm, that to Him a thousand years of earth time. is equivalent to a single day. Making that clear statement into a metaphor, is wrong. What else do you wrongly interpret metaphorically?

Why do you just off handedly reject the truth of a time gap between the Sixth Seal and the glorious Return?