Thoughts about using a KJV update?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you use a KJV update?

• Yes

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Probably

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Probably not

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another forum has added this to their ToS...

We have decided that it is best to ban promotion of King James Version Only (KJVO) and King James Bible Only. King James Version preference is fine. As a Christian site that has people from many different denominations with different or authorized versions of the Bible we will consider any promotion of KJVO as goading/flaming.

I totally agree with their position.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have decided that I am now an NIVO (New Internation Version Only) person. Why?

The NIV was conceived as a version that would appeal to evangelicals. The constitution of its translation committee stated, “The purpose of the Committee shall be to prepare a contemporary English translation of the Bible as a collegiate endeavor of evangelical scholars,” and restricted membership on the Committee to those “who are willing to subscribe to the following affirmation of faith: ‘The Bible alone, and the Bible in its entirety, is the Word of God written, and is therefore inerrant in the autographs’; or to the statements on Scripture in the Westminster Confession, the Belgic Confession, the New Hampshire Confession, or the creedal basis of the National Association of Evangelicals; or to some other comparable statement.” 2 A high view of Scripture was also indicated in the version’s Preface: “the translators were united in their commitment to the authority and infallibility of the Bible as God’s Word in written form.” Members of the NIV committee were conscious of the reasons for conservative rejection of the Revised Standard Version, and so they deliberately avoided the “liberal" aspects of that version. The most objectionable aspect of the RSV was its policy of translating the Old Testament without any regard at all for the interpretations of Old Testament passages in the New Testament, and so the members of the NIV Committee on Bible Translation in 1968 stipulated in their Translator’s Manual that “the translation shall reflect clearly the unity and harmony of the Spirit-inspired writings.” 3 In many places one can see the practical difference which this rule made in the NIV." (my emphasis)

So, anyone who disagrees with me (and therefore the NIV creators) is spiritually blind and deluded by Satan!

Now doesn't that sound stupid???

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See this article here:
www.bibleprotector.com/forum • View topic - Seven major purifications of the KJB

Most KJB Only Christians I know do not bow down to the King James Bible as if it was the entirety of GOD Himself.
Most KJB Only Christians believe God is a spirit being and that He is a Trinity and that He is to be worshiped.
The King James Bible is just the expressed thoughts or mind of God.
The Bible is our guide for all matters of faith and practice. Unless you are a liberal or Catholic, no person should de-emphasize the importance of the Bible. To do so is merely to metaphorically spit upon the faith or God’s Holy Word.

"Most KJB Only Christians I know do not bow down to the King James Bible as if it was the entirety of GOD Himself", they just claim that every other translation is not the expressed Word of God Himself.

"The King James Bible is just the expressed thoughts or mind of God." No, it's a translation of the expressed thoughts or mind of God -- in a dead form of English.

Every Bible is our guide for all matters of faith and practice, not just the KJV.

"Unless you are a liberal or Catholic" ??? Are you serious? How absurd can you get??? Neither a liberal nor Catholic de-emphasizes the importance of the Bible.

You can't reason somebody out of something that they haven't reasoned themselves into.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't like KJVOs because of their arrogance (yours included).

Grace, peace, and love to you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Sometimes I think we say these kinds of words (like “arrogance”), and we don’t fully grasp their entire meaning (Which would include myself).

For reading an article on arrogant people recently was eye opening to me.

Signs of an arrogant person:

1. They excessively brag.
2. They believe they are more important than others.
3. They lack the consideration to think about other people’s feelings or needs.
4. They usually have a grasping need to be right in every situation — even apparently trivial matters.
5. They want adoration.
6. They exaggerate their abilities.
7. They have a “my way or highway attitude” in almost everything.
8. They lack self awareness.
9. They see all of life is a competition to them, and so they seek to win rather than collaborate.
10. They talk over others.
11. They often challenge everything that is said to a pointless and excessive degree.
12. They give off an air of superiority.
13. They lack empathy (for compassion and understanding are a sign of weakness to them).
14. They make it all about them and they are self obsessed.
15. They put others down.
16. They can appear to be mean or cruel at times.​

Article Source:
15 arrogant personality traits (and how to deal with them)
(Note: I arranged certain points in the article based on what they said but to emphasize their importance).

While I am nothing, and Christ is everything, I am willing to admit many times when I am wrong, especially if it is something in the Bible.
Here are a list of things that I was mistaken about over the years involving my study of God’s Word.

What theological things were you mistaken about in your growing knowledge of God's Word?

I have run into arrogant people before and they are not pleasant people to be around. But I believe we should pray for them, and do good towards them, and to love them with the love Christ (even if they claim to be Christian).

You said:
The King James Version is just that -- a translated version of the Bible. It is not perfect; there is no perfect translation. As you show above (and elsewhere) there are myths created to prove your point -- only they clearly don't.

I am open to the possibility that I could be wrong, but I would not really know for sure if the KJB was imperfect unless I faced my Creator and Savior (Jesus Christ). It takes faith to first believe God’s Word and it is not entirely an evidence kind of thing (Although there are evidences that do show the divine nature of even the KJB). Ultimately, I put my faith in God’s Word in that it is perfect because…

(a) God said He would preserve His words.
(b) The words of the Lord are pure words.​

For what is the alternative of not believing in a perfect Bible? Who or what then becomes the authority for all matters of faith and practice?
Who or what gets to decide what is true or false in the Bible? These are just some of the reasons why I believe in a perfect Bible. Again, could I be wrong? Only God knows. But I am willing to be a fool for God and trust what His word says. For I would rather have an overconfidence in what God’s Word says rather than a lack of trust in His Word.

#1. God’s Word says His words are pure words and or perfect:
(The True Doctrine of Inerrancy):

Psalms 12:6 -
“The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.”

Proverbs 30:5 -
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.”

Psalms 119:140 -
“Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.”

#2. God’s Word says His words will be preserved forever:
(The True Doctrine of Preservation):

Psalms 12:6-7 -
“The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.”

Psalms 100:5 -
“For the LORD is good, his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”

Supporting Verse for Psalms 100:5:

John 17:17 -
“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”​

1 Peter 1:23-25 -
“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”

Isaiah 40:8 -
“The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.”

Matthew 24:35 -
“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't like KJVOs because of their arrogance (yours included).

After looking at the list of signs of an arrogant person can you say in all honesty that this fits the description of all King James Only advocates you have run into? Or is this only describing somebody that may have been hurtful to you? There are Ruckmanites and they can be regarded as arrogant and hateful (of which I agree with). That does not mean all KJB Only Christians are that way because I have read statements by my fellow KJB Only brethren that stated they do not agree with Ruckman's attitude or bad behavior.

You said:
The King James Version is just that -- a translated version of the Bible.

I am going to use similar wording that you used with me.

Just because you claim that the KJB is a translated version of the Bible does not make that claim true.

You said:
It is not perfect;

Just because you claim that the KJB is not perfect does not make that claim true.

You said:
there is no perfect translation.

Just because you claim that there is no perfect translation does not mean that claim is true.

For example:

In the Book of Genesis, chapters 42-45, we have the record of Joseph's reunion with his brethren. That Joseph spoke Egyptian instead of Hebrew is evident by Genesis 42:23 "And they knew not that Joseph understood them; for he spake unto them by an interpreter." Joseph spoke in Egyptian yet his words are translated and recorded in another language, which turns out to be the inspired words of God.

In the book of Ezra chapter 4:7-16 we see another clear example of where a rather lengthy letter written in the Syrian language is translated into inspired Hebrew. In Ezra 4:7-8 we read where the enemies of God's people wrote a letter "in the Syrian tongue" to persuade king Artaxerxes to demand that the Jews cease from their work of re-building the house of the Lord in Jerusalem. The translated words of this letter are found written in verses 11 all the way through verse 16. Read the entire passage to see that what was originally written in Syrian was then translated and recorded in the Hebrew language.

Ezra 4:7-11 And in the days of Artaxerxes wrote Bishlam, Mithredath, Tabeel, and the rest of their companions, unto Artaxerxes king of Persia; and the writing of the letter was written in the Syrian tongue, and interpreted in the Syrian tongue. ... And the rest of the nations whom the great and noble Asnappar brought over, and set in the cities of Samaria, and the rest that are on this side the river, and at such a time. This is the copy of the letter that they sent unto him, even unto Artaxerxes the king; Thy servants the men on this side the river, and at such a time..."

Several clear examples from the New Testament itself of where a translation can be the inspired words of God.

John 1:38 - Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, RABBI, (WHICH IS TO SAY, BEING INTERPRETED, MASTER,) where dwellest thou?

John 1:41 - He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the MESSIAS, WHICH IS, BEING INTERPRETED, THE CHRIST.

John 1:42 42 - And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called CEPHAS, WHICH IS BY INTERPRETATION, A STONE.”,

John 19:19-20 - And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was Jesus Of Nazareth The King Of The Jews.

This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and IT WAS WRITTEN IN HEBREW, AND GREEK, AND LATIN.

Matthew 27:46 - And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? THAT IS TO SAY, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mark 5:41 - And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, TALITHA CUMI; WHICH IS, BEING INTERPRETED, DAMSEL, I SAY UNTO THEE, ARISE.

Mark 7:34 - And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, EPH-PHA-THA, THAT IS, BE OPENED.

In Acts 22 we see another clear example of how a translation can be the inspired words of God. Acts 21:40 tells us: "And when he had given him licence, Paul stood on the stairs, and beckoned with the hand unto the people. And when there was made a great silence, HE SPAKE UNTO THEM IN THE HEBREW TONGUE, SAYING...". There then follows a lengthly sermon of 21 entire verses preached by Paul in the Hebrew tongue, yet not a word of this sermon is recorded in Hebrew but in inspired Greek. Was Paul's sermon inspired? Undoubtedly. But God also inspired the translation of this sermon into another language.

If no translation can be inspired of God, then how do those who hold this unbiblical position explain all the Old Testament quotes found in the New Testament? They were originally inspired in Hebrew but then the Holy Ghost took these scores of verses and translated them into another inspired language.

Source used:
Another King James Bible Believer

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another forum has added this to their ToS...

We have decided that it is best to ban promotion of King James Version Only (KJVO) and King James Bible Only. King James Version preference is fine. As a Christian site that has people from many different denominations with different or authorized versions of the Bible we will consider any promotion of KJVO as goading/flaming.

I totally agree with their position.

But if you agree with this policy, and the KJB Only discussion was shut down here (like over on the other forum), then you would not be able to have the freedom of speech to discuss the KJB Only topic like we are doing here. Your voice would not be heard.

Our freedom of speech is being taken away here in America.
We see this happening even on Christian forums.
In other words, if you were ever upset at the suppression of Freedom of speech here in America, then you cannot rejoice in such a thing happening elsewhere. People have a right to speak and not be muzzled like oxen.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have decided that I am now an NIVO (New Internation Version Only) person. Why?

The NIV was conceived as a version that would appeal to evangelicals. The constitution of its translation committee stated, “The purpose of the Committee shall be to prepare a contemporary English translation of the Bible as a collegiate endeavor of evangelical scholars,” and restricted membership on the Committee to those “who are willing to subscribe to the following affirmation of faith: ‘The Bible alone, and the Bible in its entirety, is the Word of God written, and is therefore inerrant in the autographs’; or to the statements on Scripture in the Westminster Confession, the Belgic Confession, the New Hampshire Confession, or the creedal basis of the National Association of Evangelicals; or to some other comparable statement.” 2 A high view of Scripture was also indicated in the version’s Preface: “the translators were united in their commitment to the authority and infallibility of the Bible as God’s Word in written form.” Members of the NIV committee were conscious of the reasons for conservative rejection of the Revised Standard Version, and so they deliberately avoided the “liberal" aspects of that version. The most objectionable aspect of the RSV was its policy of translating the Old Testament without any regard at all for the interpretations of Old Testament passages in the New Testament, and so the members of the NIV Committee on Bible Translation in 1968 stipulated in their Translator’s Manual that “the translation shall reflect clearly the unity and harmony of the Spirit-inspired writings.” 3 In many places one can see the practical difference which this rule made in the NIV." (my emphasis)

So, anyone who disagrees with me (and therefore the NIV creators) is spiritually blind and deluded by Satan!

Now doesn't that sound stupid???

Well, we are not KJB first as if we just mindlessly pointed to the KJB and say it is the Word of God out of the blue. There was no light that shined through our window upon our King James Bible. We did not randomly throw a dart among a bunch of different translations and it landed on the KJB. That is not how we made our choice. We first believe in a perfect Bible and that it was preserved today because that is what the Bible teaches.

#1. God’s Word says His words are pure words and or perfect:
(The True Doctrine of Inerrancy):

Psalms 12:6 -
“The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.”

Proverbs 30:5 -
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.”

Psalms 119:140 -

#2. God’s Word says His words will be preserved forever:
(The True Doctrine of Preservation):

Psalms 12:6-7 -
“The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.”

Psalms 100:5 -
“For the LORD is good, his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”

Supporting Verse for Psalms 100:5:

John 17:17 -
“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”
1 Peter 1:23-25 -
“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”

Isaiah 40:8 -
“The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.”

Matthew 24:35 -
“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”​

Then from believing these above verses, then we choose the best candidate that fits that criteria by looking at history, and by comparing translations, etcetera.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because you claim there are false doctrines in modern Bibles doesn't make them false.
Just because you claim the devil’s name is placed in Modern bibles where they do not belong doesn't make that claim true.
You say that "modern bibles are not inerrant". So? The implication is that the King James Bible is inerrant, which is nonsense.

Do you know how detectives are able to solve crimes, my friend?
They look for a pattern of evidence that points to the truth.
It's no different with this topic in the fact that we look for a pattern of evidence to determine the truth.
Anyone who looks at the evidence from the links I presented will see a pattern of evidence that favors the King James Bible as being the pure Word of God or at least the most trustworthy Word we could ever have in the English language for us to build our faith upon. It's not just like one or two things why I believe the KJB to be the Word of God for today, but it is a ton of reasons (a pattern of evidence) as to the reason why. All I can do is point you and or our readers to the truth. It is up to you and or them to do their research and or homework in an unbiased way to find the truth.

You said:
My issue "with KJB Only" is that you and other misguided people claim that your preferred translation is the pure Word of God in English and throw out every other translation as being corrupt. That is a sign of a closed, deluded mind! (Just like the Pharisees minds were closed and deluded.) It is a powerful delusion that causes you to be blind! Unfounded excuse after unfounded excuse to justify your delusion! Show me proof anywhere that the King James translation is the pure word of God in English.

I can understand how you may think this way, but it is actually about believing the Bible on how it teaches that His words are pure and His words would be preserved forever. Then we choose which candidate fits that criteria. There can only be one Word of God and not many. His Word cannot be in error because if it did, how would you know which doctrines are true or false?

You said:
And you know very well that the issue has absolutely nothing to do with following Jesus.

I believe it does because some Modern bibles teach falsely that Jesus was not eternally God, and or they make Jesus appear to sin.

You said:
The KJB is not "His Word"!!! It is just one of many translations and, in my opinion, not the best.

As you said, that's your opinion.
I have come up with 101 reasons as to why the KJB is the pure Word of God for today.

You said:
It is based on a limited set of source documents and was produced for a single purpose: to codify a secular king's version of Protestantism; to make it seem like he (King James) is infallible. By comparison, modern translations attempt to translate the vast collection of sources to give us the most accurate rendering of those sources in our normal English language and, in the process, do their best to be free of sectarian bias. The great majority of them are excellent.

Westcott and Hort started the Modern Translation movement and they were Catholic and held to occult beliefs.
Then the Nestle and Aland NT Greek text came along (leaning heavily upon the Westcott and Hort text) and this text was under the supervision of the Vatican. All your Modern English bibles comes from this source.

The Catholics tried to kill King James and his translation with a super bomb. Seeing that did not work, they obviously changed tactics and used Westcott and Hort to question and criticize the Bible. Hence, Textual Criticism started to be popularized by these men (But it did not take full fruition or popularity until the publishing of the NIV in the 1970's). Before that time, liberal groups generally held to Modern bibles and hated the KJB.

You said:
Better by far than the pompous, outdated, error-filled King James Bible.

I believe people see what they want to see. If you see errors in something, you will find them (even while none may really exist). But I would rather spend my life in honoring Christ and His Word and not attacking it. I would rather give people a reason to trust in a perfect Bible and thus they can have a perfect faith. For if there is no perfect Bible, then your faith cannot be perfect. For faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No, it's a translation of the expressed thoughts or mind of God -- in a dead form of English.

Did you fail to recognize that we don’t worship a book by what I said?
Worship of idols involves bowing down to something like statues. I know of no KJB Only Christians who do that with the KJB.
So the accusation is false and unfounded and your are changing the topic to deflect away from such an unfounded false claim.

In either event, if you approach this topic with an outward physical approach, and you don’t use the Bible as the basis of your position on this topic, I can understand why you would think the KJB is just a translation and not the preserved Word of God for today. The key to changing that is examine what the Bible does have to say on this topic and praying about it with GOD. Only then will you be able to see where we are coming from.

You said:
Every Bible is our guide for all matters of faith and practice, not just the KJV.

Some bibles teach Jesus is not God and or that He sinned. So no. Not all bibles are our guide for all matters of faith and practice. Do you make the LOL Cat Bible or the Queen James Bible your guide for all matters of faith and practice? I sure hope not.

Bible Highlighter said:
"Unless you are a liberal or Catholic"
You said:
Are you serious? How absurd can you get??? Neither a liberal nor Catholic de-emphasizes the importance of the Bible.

Sure they do. Catholics regard their church traditions on the same authority as the Bible. Catholics told me that I cannot understand the Bible without a priest telling me it’s meaning. So their holy men, and their traditions are the key components that takes away from trusting the Bible alone. Catholics are involved in idols, and praying to dead people (Which runs contrary to the Bible). Liberals also say that certain things in the Bible did not really happen. They say that the global flood was local, and that Jonah and Job were just made up stories and not real. So yes. Catholics and Liberals de-emphasize the Bible. To not understand this is scary.

You said:
You can't reason somebody out of something that they haven't reasoned themselves into.

Mirror of your own saying reflected back at you, friend.

But may God bless you and protect you (even if we disagree on this topic).

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bible Highlighter said
“Westcott and Hort started the Modern Translation movement and they were Catholic and held to occult beliefs.
Then the Nestle and Aland NT Greek text came along (leaning heavily upon the Westcott and Hort text) and this text was under the supervision of the Vatican. All your Modern English bibles comes from this source.”

Everyone see this?

This is precisely why the King James Bible stands uniquely against all other modern versions!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bible Highlighter said
“Westcott and Hort started the Modern Translation movement and they were Catholic and held to occult beliefs.
Then the Nestle and Aland NT Greek text came along (leaning heavily upon the Westcott and Hort text) and this text was under the supervision of the Vatican. All your Modern English bibles comes from this source.”

Everyone see this?

This is precisely why the King James Bible stands uniquely against all other modern versions!
You are right! They conspired to destroy the "vile" KJV. Those guys were wicked.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After looking at the list of signs of an arrogant person can you say in all honesty that this fits the description of all King James Only advocates you have run into? Or is this only describing somebody that may have been hurtful to you? There are Ruckmanites and they can be regarded as arrogant and hateful (of which I agree with). That does not mean all KJB Only Christians are that way because I have read statements by my fellow KJB Only brethren that stated they do not agree with Ruckman's attitude or bad behavior.

I am going to use similar wording that you used with me.

Just because you claim that the KJB is a translated version of the Bible does not make that claim true.

Just because you claim that the KJB is not perfect does not make that claim true.

For example:

In the Book of Genesis, chapters 42-45, we have the record of Joseph's reunion with his brethren. That Joseph spoke Egyptian instead of Hebrew is evident by Genesis 42:23 "And they knew not that Joseph understood them; for he spake unto them by an interpreter." Joseph spoke in Egyptian yet his words are translated and recorded in another language, which turns out to be the inspired words of God.

In the book of Ezra chapter 4:7-16 we see another clear example of where a rather lengthy letter written in the Syrian language is translated into inspired Hebrew. In Ezra 4:7-8 we read where the enemies of God's people wrote a letter "in the Syrian tongue" to persuade king Artaxerxes to demand that the Jews cease from their work of re-building the house of the Lord in Jerusalem. The translated words of this letter are found written in verses 11 all the way through verse 16. Read the entire passage to see that what was originally written in Syrian was then translated and recorded in the Hebrew language.

Ezra 4:7-11 And in the days of Artaxerxes wrote Bishlam, Mithredath, Tabeel, and the rest of their companions, unto Artaxerxes king of Persia; and the writing of the letter was written in the Syrian tongue, and interpreted in the Syrian tongue. ... And the rest of the nations whom the great and noble Asnappar brought over, and set in the cities of Samaria, and the rest that are on this side the river, and at such a time. This is the copy of the letter that they sent unto him, even unto Artaxerxes the king; Thy servants the men on this side the river, and at such a time..."

Several clear examples from the New Testament itself of where a translation can be the inspired words of God.

John 1:38 - Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, RABBI, (WHICH IS TO SAY, BEING INTERPRETED, MASTER,) where dwellest thou?

John 1:41 - He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the MESSIAS, WHICH IS, BEING INTERPRETED, THE CHRIST.

John 1:42 42 - And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called CEPHAS, WHICH IS BY INTERPRETATION, A STONE.”,

John 19:19-20 - And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was Jesus Of Nazareth The King Of The Jews.

This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and IT WAS WRITTEN IN HEBREW, AND GREEK, AND LATIN.

Matthew 27:46 - And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? THAT IS TO SAY, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mark 5:41 - And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, TALITHA CUMI; WHICH IS, BEING INTERPRETED, DAMSEL, I SAY UNTO THEE, ARISE.

Mark 7:34 - And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, EPH-PHA-THA, THAT IS, BE OPENED.

In Acts 22 we see another clear example of how a translation can be the inspired words of God. Acts 21:40 tells us: "And when he had given him licence, Paul stood on the stairs, and beckoned with the hand unto the people. And when there was made a great silence, HE SPAKE UNTO THEM IN THE HEBREW TONGUE, SAYING...". There then follows a lengthly sermon of 21 entire verses preached by Paul in the Hebrew tongue, yet not a word of this sermon is recorded in Hebrew but in inspired Greek. Was Paul's sermon inspired? Undoubtedly. But God also inspired the translation of this sermon into another language.

If no translation can be inspired of God, then how do those who hold this unbiblical position explain all the Old Testament quotes found in the New Testament? They were originally inspired in Hebrew but then the Holy Ghost took these scores of verses and translated them into another inspired language.

Source used:

You wrote, "Just because you claim that the KJB is a translated version of the Bible does not make that claim true." So you think that the authors of the Bible "books" didn't write in ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek? Instead they were fluent in 17th Century Englyshe, a language that didn't exit in those times? Seriously? That is a powerful delusion!

You also wrote, "Just because you claim that the KJB is not perfect does not make that claim true." Even the KJV translators didn't believe their work was perfect. They acknowledged the work of earlier translators and expected their work to be modified over time -- which it has been!

And also "Just because you claim that the KJB is not perfect does not make that claim true." Nor does your claim that it is perfect make that claim true. Which version of the KJV is perfect? It has been corrected, changed, and amended over time, so which one is the perfect one?

Clearly, you're not making any sense. You're stuck in a rut, worshiping a book. Only the author -- God -- is perfect.

You quote the KJV in several places, but I have some shocking news for you: none of the Biblical authors spoke or wrote in English! All English Bibles are -- ready? -- translations.

You then summarized your position by writing, "If no translation can be inspired of God, then how do those who hold this unbiblical position explain all the Old Testament quotes found in the New Testament? They were originally inspired in Hebrew but then the Holy Ghost took these scores of verses and translated them into another inspired language." Your ignorance is appalling! The Old Testament was originally written (and re-written over time) in ancient (not modern) Hebrew and also Aramaic. However, and this is important, the Bible (the Old Testament) used in New Testament times was the Septuagint, a Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible. It is a Greek version of the Hebrew Bible (or Old Testament), including the Apocrypha, made for Greek-speaking Jews in Egypt in the 3rd and 2nd centuries bc and adopted by the early Christian Churches. So there are places in the New Testament where the Old Testament was quoted, not from the Hebrew but from the Greek translation of the Hebrew. They weren't "originally inspired in Hebrew", they were written in Hebrew.

I would like to continue discussing the merits and drawbacks of the various translations, but if you can't do even the minimal amount of research, what is the point?

John 8:31-32, "Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, “If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Or, in your preferred, archaic translation, (complete with the added verse numbers, which is yet another problem with the KJ mistranslation)...

"31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Why not give the truth a try?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote, "Just because you claim that the KJB is a translated version of the Bible does not make that claim true." So you think that the authors of the Bible "books" didn't write in ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek? Instead they were fluent in 17th Century Englyshe, a language that didn't exit in those times? Seriously? That is a powerful delusion!

No doubt the KJB is a translation, but I believe it was a translation under the divine preservation of GOD’s hand, and not men. You highlighted the word “version” so as to suggest that the KJB is one of many ordinary imperfect translated versions of the bible that was no more special than any other translated versions of the bible. The original 1611 was called either the AV (Authorized Version) or the King James Bible. It was a bible that was an authorized version by King James. It a version of the Bible was authorized to be read in all churches. So you are not using this word in such a way that the 1611 used it. You have no respect of the history of the Bible and it’s influence upon the men and women who went before you.
The 1611 was a climatic high point or highlight in Bible history unlike any other point in bible history.

You said:
You also wrote, "Just because you claim that the KJB is not perfect does not make that claim true." Even the KJV translators didn't believe their work was perfect.

God can use people beyond what they currently think or believe. Jonah did not want to preach to Nineveh, but God had other plans for Jonah.
Peter wanted to prevent Jesus from going to the cross, but that did not mean he was not a disciple of Christ.

You said:
They acknowledged the work of earlier translators

But if God was working His hand upon them to preserve His words, then it would not matter what they thought.

You said:
and expected their work to be modified over time -- which it has been!

Where did they say that? Even if this was true, as I said before: God can work in a person’s life despite their intentions.

You said:
And also "Just because you claim that the KJB is not perfect does not make that claim true." Nor does your claim that it is perfect make that claim true. Which version of the KJV is perfect? It has been corrected, changed, and amended over time, so which one is the perfect one?

The Pure Cambridge Edition KJB (circa. 1900).
There are seven MAJOR KJB Editions and it was settled with the Pure King James Cambridge Edition.
This lines up with the seven purification mentioned in Psalms 12:6-7.

You said:
Clearly, you're not making any sense. You're stuck in a rut, worshiping a book. Only the author -- God -- is perfect.

Again, this is a false accusation because I don’t bow down to the KJB as if it was an idol statue like Catholics do. Nor do I kiss books or holy objects like Catholics and Orthodox folk do.

But to love or cherish God’s words is not idolatry. If you believe otherwise, perhaps you need to rebuke the Psalmist who wrote Psalms 119:140.

Psalms 119:140

You said:
You quote the KJV in several places, but I have some shocking news for you: none of the Biblical authors spoke or wrote in English! All English Bibles are -- ready? -- translations.

Yes, it is a translation. It’s a perfect translation, but it’s not a carnal translation like other translated versions (Which is what you suggested or implied).

You said:
You then summarized your position by writing, "If no translation can be inspired of God, then how do those who hold this unbiblical position explain all the Old Testament quotes found in the New Testament? They were originally inspired in Hebrew but then the Holy Ghost took these scores of verses and translated them into another inspired language." Your ignorance is appalling! The Old Testament was originally written (and re-written over time) in ancient (not modern) Hebrew and also Aramaic. However, and this is important, the Bible (the Old Testament) used in New Testament times was the Septuagint, a Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible. It is a Greek version of the Hebrew Bible (or Old Testament), including the Apocrypha, made for Greek-speaking Jews in Egypt in the 3rd and 2nd centuries bc and adopted by the early Christian Churches.

That’s not true. The LXX is a fraud.

Here is an article for those who want to seek out the truth:
(Note: I am not expecting you to check it out - but I post it for others to read and see the truth for themselves).

You said:
John 8:31-32, "Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, “If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Daniel 10:21
“But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there isnone that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.”

But you don’t believe in any perfect Bible (or scripture of truth) that you can hold in your hands that is 100% truth. Truth is left up to you or the scholar to decide what should be in the Bible or not be in the Bible. Therein lies the problem. I have the scripture of truth. You don’t. You believe all scriptures today are corrupted and are not entirely truth. So you cannot any scripture of truth.

You said:
Or, in your preferred, archaic translation, (complete with the added verse numbers, which is yet another problem with the KJ mistranslation)...

Most all of your Modern bibles have verse numbers, too. So you would have to condemn them, as well.

You said:
"31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Which Word or bible? The LOL Cat Bible? The Word on the Street Translation? The Queen James Version?

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt the KJB is a translation, but I believe it was a translation under the divine preservation of GOD’s hand, and not men. You highlighted the word “version” so as to suggest that the KJB is one of many ordinary imperfect translated versions of the bible that was no more special than any other translated versions of the bible. The original 1611 was called either the AV (Authorized Version) or the King James Bible. It was a bible that was an authorized version by King James. It a version of the Bible was authorized to be read in all churches. So you are not using this word in such a way that the 1611 used it. You have no respect of the history of the Bible and it’s influence upon the men and women who went before you.
The 1611 was a climatic high point or highlight in Bible history unlike any other point in bible history.

God can use people beyond what they currently think or believe. Jonah did not want to preach to Nineveh, but God had other plans for Jonah.
Peter wanted to prevent Jesus from going to the cross, but that did not mean he was not a disciple of Christ.

But if God was working His hand upon them to preserve His words, then it would not matter what they thought.

Where did they say that? Even if this was true, as I said before: God can work in a person’s life despite their intentions.

The Pure Cambridge Edition KJB (circa. 1900).
There are seven MAJOR KJB Editions and it was settled with the Pure King James Cambridge Edition.
This lines up with the seven purification mentioned in Psalms 12:6-7.

Again, this is a false accusation because I don’t bow down to the KJB as if it was an idol statue like Catholics do. Nor do I kiss books or holy objects like Catholics and Orthodox folk do.

But to love or cherish God’s words is not idolatry. If you believe otherwise, perhaps you need to rebuke the Psalmist who wrote Psalms 119:140.

Psalms 119:140

Yes, it is a translation. It’s a perfect translation, but it’s not a carnal translation like other translated versions (Which is what you suggested or implied).

That’s not true. The LXX is a fraud.

Here is an article for those who want to seek out the truth:
(Note: I am not expecting you to check it out - but I post it for others to read and see the truth for themselves).

Daniel 10:21
“But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there isnone that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.”

But you don’t believe in any perfect Bible (or scripture of truth) that you can hold in your hands that is 100% truth. Truth is left up to you or the scholar to decide what should be in the Bible or not be in the Bible. Therein lies the problem. I have the scripture of truth. You don’t. You believe all scriptures today are corrupted and are not entirely truth. So you cannot any bible, the scripture of truth.

Most all of your Modern bibles have verse numbers, too. So you would have to condemn them, as well.

Which Word or bible? The LOL Cat Bible? The Word on the Street Translation? The Queen James Version?

Blah, blah blah. Just one of your sentences sums it all up: "It’s a perfect translation, but it’s not a carnal translation like other translated versions (Which is what you suggested or implied). As I said, you worship a book. There is no such thing as a "perfect translation"; it's an impossibility. Therein lies the heart of your delusion.

You also wrote "I believe it was a translation under the divine preservation of GOD’s hand, and not men." Another example of your delusion.

You can continue to make irrational statements such as "You have no respect of the history of the Bible and it’s influence upon the men and women who went before you. 1611 was a climatic high point or highlight in Bible history unlike any other point in bible history." In your personal opinion only. Therein lies the second part of your delusion. Obviously, you have no respect of the history of the Bible. Otherwise you would respect the enormous progress that has been made in the art/science of Bible translation. You're mired in the swamp of 1611!

And this also shows your madness: "The Pure Cambridge Edition KJB (circa. 1900).
This lines up with the seven purification mentioned in Psalms 12:6-7."

Your citing one line from Psalms 119:140 “Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.” shows your inability to discern the truth. Did you know that the Bible says "there is no God"? in Psalm 14 and Psalm 53. See what happens when you eliminate context?

Another example of your delusion" "I have the scripture of truth. You don’t." Nothing more than your incorrect, unfounded opinion.

Saying that "The LXX is a fraud" is beyond nonsense. It was the Bible in use at the time of the Apostles, which is why they quoted from it. Check your KJV and you will clearly see that the OT quotes in the NT aren't identical.

Saying "But you don’t believe in any perfect Bible (or scripture of truth) that you can hold in your hands that is 100% truth" is meaningless. The truth is entirely dependent on God. He can reveal the truth to whomever He wishes. Do you actually think that nobody had God's truth before 1611? You are out of your mind!

Saying that "Most all of your Modern bibles have verse numbers, too" is irrational. Chopping up God's Word into individual verses, as the King James does, is deceiving and leads to all kinds of errors of interpretation. That artificial division alone clearly shows that the KJV is a distortion of what was written. Of course, that's of no concern to you; the truth never is.

Writing "Which Word or bible? The LOL Cat Bible? The Word on the Street Translation? The Queen James Version?" shows that you have clearly lost your mind!

If you want to continue to use a confusing translation written over 400 years ago under the direction of a secular king with a clearly political agenda, then by all means do so. But to claim that it is a pure translation of God's Word is clearly madness!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blah, blah blah. Just one of your sentences sums it all up: "It’s a perfect translation, but it’s not a carnal translation like other translated versions (Which is what you suggested or implied). As I said, you worship a book. There is no such thing as a "perfect translation"; it's an impossibility. Therein lies the heart of your delusion.

You also wrote "I believe it was a translation under the divine preservation of GOD’s hand, and not men." Another example of your delusion.

You can continue to make irrational statements such as "You have no respect of the history of the Bible and it’s influence upon the men and women who went before you. 1611 was a climatic high point or highlight in Bible history unlike any other point in bible history." In your personal opinion only. Therein lies the second part of your delusion. Obviously, you have no respect of the history of the Bible. Otherwise you would respect the enormous progress that has been made in the art/science of Bible translation. You're mired in the swamp of 1611!

And this also shows your madness: "The Pure Cambridge Edition KJB (circa. 1900).
This lines up with the seven purification mentioned in Psalms 12:6-7."

Your citing one line from Psalms 119:140 “Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.” shows your inability to discern the truth. Did you know that the Bible says "there is no God"? in Psalm 14 and Psalm 53. See what happens when you eliminate context?

Another example of your delusion" "I have the scripture of truth. You don’t." Nothing more than your incorrect, unfounded opinion.

Saying that "The LXX is a fraud" is beyond nonsense. It was the Bible in use at the time of the Apostles, which is why they quoted from it. Check your KJV and you will clearly see that the OT quotes in the NT aren't identical.

Saying "But you don’t believe in any perfect Bible (or scripture of truth) that you can hold in your hands that is 100% truth" is meaningless. The truth is entirely dependent on God. He can reveal the truth to whomever He wishes. Do you actually think that nobody had God's truth before 1611? You are out of your mind!

Saying that "Most all of your Modern bibles have verse numbers, too" is irrational. Chopping up God's Word into individual verses, as the King James does, is deceiving and leads to all kinds of errors of interpretation. That artificial division alone clearly shows that the KJV is a distortion of what was written. Of course, that's of no concern to you; the truth never is.

Writing "Which Word or bible? The LOL Cat Bible? The Word on the Street Translation? The Queen James Version?" shows that you have clearly lost your mind!

If you want to continue to use a confusing translation written over 400 years ago under the direction of a secular king with a clearly political agenda, then by all means do so. But to claim that it is a pure translation of God's Word is clearly madness!

You are not bothering to research any of the links I sent you to investigate the truth and you are not seeing reason as to your false accusation that KJB Only is idolatry. When the prophets or apostles had the original Scriptures in their possession, it was not idolatry for them to regard them as perfect words from God. For do you not believe the originals were perfect? If so… then how were they not committing idolatry? How are they different than KJB Only believers thinking they also have God’s perfect words? In other words, if you are going to claim that KJB Only believers are idolaters for believing in a perfect Word, then you have to claim the same thing of the prophets and the apostles who possessed certain portions of the original Scriptures.

Also, your explanations on the verses I gave (like Psalms 119:140) is not rational and or they don’t do justice to what the text says plainly. It’s not even worth a rebuttal because it does not make any logical sense. It just seems like you are going to disagree and come up with odd excuses no matter what I say with God’s Word. It seems your hatred for KJB Only has prevented you from being open minded to examine any evidence or points for the KJB being the Pure Word or at the very least, with it being the most trustworthy Word we can have today.

Therefore, I am not interested in what you to say at this point anymore., friend.

So I think it is beset that I move on beyond this discussion with you.

May God’s good ways be upon you.

Side Note:

Just for your info. again: - I do use Modern Translations to help in updating in reading the archaic words in the King James Bible. But Modern bibles are not my final word of authority because they teach false doctrine, and have the devil’s name in them where they do not belong, and they are tied to Catholic origins and liberalism.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not bothering to research any of the links I sent you to investigate the truth and you are not seeing reason as to your false accusation that KJB Only is idolatry. When the prophets or apostles had the original Scriptures in their possession, it was not idolatry for them to regard them as perfect words from God. For do you not believe the originals were perfect? If so… then how were they not committing idolatry? How are they different than KJB Only believers thinking they also have God’s perfect words? In other words, if you are going to claim that KJB Only believers are idolaters for believing in a perfect Word, then you have to claim the same thing of the prophets and the apostles who possessed certain portions of the original Scriptures.

Also, your explanations on the verses I gave (like Psalms 119:140) is not rational and or they don’t do justice to what the text says plainly. It’s not even worth a rebuttal because it does not make any logical sense. It just seems like you are going to disagree and come up with odd excuses no matter what I say with God’s Word. It seems your hatred for KJB Only has prevented you from being open minded to examine any evidence or points for the KJB being the Pure Word or at the very least, with it being the most trustworthy Word we can have today.

Therefore, I am not interested in what you to say at this point anymore., friend.

So I think it is beset that I move on beyond this discussion with you.

May God’s good ways be upon you.

Side Note:

Just for your info. again: - I do use Modern Translations to help in updating in reading the archaic words in the King James Bible. But Modern bibles are not my final word of authority because they teach false doctrine, and have the devil’s name in them where they do not belong, and they are tied to Catholic origins and liberalism.

Of course I am not using any of the links that you post. Why should I? Anybody, with very little effort, can find links that justify anything they want. How about bigfoot? "Ten real Bigfoot sightings caught in tape" (
) or UFOs? "!0 UFO sightings caught on camera! (
) Your links are chosen for a specific reason: to prove your predetermined point. Since I don't agree with that point, why should I research it further?

The prophets or apostles had the original Scriptures in their possession, it was not idolatry for them to regard them as perfect words from God. Which original Scriptures did they have in their possession? The handwritten scrolls found in the synagogues? The ancient Hebrew scrolls or the Septuagint? They clearly didn't have the original Scriptures in their possession. Another false statement. And your irrational claim about their committing idolatry is truly bizarre. KJVOs may be committing idolatry, but they were not.

Your statements are not even worth a rebuttal because they do not make any logical sense. It just seems like you are going to disagree and come up with odd excuses no matter what I say. And using the KJV is not using God's word; it is using a flawed, archaic translation.

It seems your worship of the KJB has prevented you from being open minded to examine any evidence or points for the KJB being the Pure Word or at the very least, with it being the most trustworthy Word we can have today. It is just a translation made by fallible men under the direction of a secular king to codify his personal concept of Protestantism. Since you are obviously blind to that fact, there is no reasoning with you. Unlike you, I worship God, not a book!

Your mindless repetition of "Modern bibles are not my final word of authority because they teach false doctrine, and have the devil’s name in them where they do not belong, and they are tied to Catholic origins and liberalism" proves anything. It just shows that your mind is both closed and deluded.

And I am not your friend!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bible Highlighter

It’s amazing how the thought that Satan might sow confusion by filling the world with corrupted scriptures never crosses the mind of Modern Bible zealots despite the evidence in Genesis 3.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bible Highlighter

It’s amazing how the thought that Satan might sow confusion by filling the world with corrupted scriptures never crosses the mind of Modern Bible zealots despite the evidence in Genesis 3.

It’s amazing how the thought that Satan might sow confusion by filling the world with corrupted scriptures never crosses the mind of King James Version zealots despite the evidence in Genesis 3.

See, anyone can make absurd statements by misinterpreting Scripture. Please show me how your (mis)interpretation of Genesis 3 has anything to do with sowing confusion about Bible translations.

Here is one possibility: KJVOs have decided to trust their translation to give them the knowledge of good and evil instead of trusting God and having life.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the thought that Satan might sow confusion by filling the world with corrupted scriptures

Why would Satan add scriptures that bring more honor and glory to Jesus and give more power to the saints?

However, the scriptures that are missing in the Alexandrian Text that modern Bibles are based on take away scriptures that exalt Jesus and fully equip the saints!

You would not make a good detective @Jim B