Yes!!! Believe God's Word!! Jesus Christ Will Return To This Earth In A Physical Body.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well i use teh KJ too but it is as corrupt as all the rest. See here

Trust God and the Holy Spirit, He was sent for a reason.
GINOLJC. I see what you're saying but the article makes no sense without the holy Spirit, which I agree with you on. but common sense can clear up this misunderstanding. A. a transliteration is only good as the belief in it. meaning it's not an exact translation, for if it was, it wouldn't be believable. because trying to translate letter for letter would result in some unknown names. Like the name Jesus , a transliteration, which is rendered from Yeshua. for the transliteration is use in function to covey an idea, which language is all about. example, in the Hebrew, hands are a "feminine" noun, listen Exodus 17:12 "But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun". here, Moses "HANDS" is the Hebrew word, H3027 יָד yad (yawd) n-f. notice it's a feminine noun, but the hands here, is on a MALE.

I believe the KJV was written for the children of God in conjunction with the Holy Spirit to understand his word. one cannot get the revelation without the revelator.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So I can see a spirit with the naked eye?
And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord , so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
2 Kings 6:17 NIV

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord , so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

By spirit, I'm referring to God's spirit, the one that no man could possibly look upon without killing them. The angel that removed the rock of Christs tomb appeared in more otherworldly fashion, with a face "like lightning", whatever thats supposed to mean. Surely, we all know an angel can physically appear in its more heavenly form, but can Jesus Christ, being the same alpha and omega spoken of in the old testament appear in his purest form without certain death?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the opening of eyes was done by the LORD himself, not the young lad, meaning not his naked eyes.

second, the Lord Jesus was seen, manifested by the body he had. this is an infallible proof of his resurrection.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the opening of eyes was done by the LORD himself, not the young lad, meaning not his naked eyes.

second, the Lord Jesus was seen, manifested by the body he had. this is an infallible proof of his resurrection.

:) Well that about answers the question then. I didn't even realize that the very scripture he cited kind of proved my point, dammit. Still though, the appearance of the angel at Christs tomb was unlike other accounts of angelic appearances where they always appeared purely as young men.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
By spirit, I'm referring to God's spirit, the one that no man could possibly look upon without killing them. The angel that removed the rock of Christs tomb appeared in more otherworldly fashion, with a face "like lightning", whatever thats supposed to mean. Surely, we all know an angel can physically appear in its more heavenly form, but can Jesus Christ, being the same alpha and omega spoken of in the old testament appear in his purest form without certain death?

Why "no one can see my face and live" is a pretty deep question. I've heard some interesting conjectures. Probably something to do with Judgement. Perhaps then he can appear to people who are written in the book.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why "no one can see my face and live" is a pretty deep question. I've heard some interesting conjectures. Probably something to do with Judgement. Perhaps then he can appear to people who are written in the book.

The book of life doesn't answer the question because he simply never has nor would he ever appear in heavenly form, knowing that if we were to see him we'd be deader than a doorknob. People seem confused about those verses referring to the book of life and Jesus being chosen before the foundation of the world. To God, there is no "past, present and future", because what we call the future has already occurred to God. That's why he is the first that ever was and the last that ever will be. This is why he can say that all have sinned just like Adam and fallen short of his glory, because to God, its already occurred. Its not just about our sinful nature.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's a word of knowledge.

If you don't mind saying, when he appeared to you what state was your heart in before that? Were you atheist that didn't want to believe, didn't trust Christians, didn't care, or something else?
Any talk of any kind of religion was taboo in our entire family, especially at gatherings......I thought there was something 'bigger' but had thought it wouldn't matter till after people died.
Then when I found myself truly 'dead' in a total 100% pitch black void, I can tell you something changed, and where the thought came from ( well actually it could have only come from Him) to 'scream' out His name, I don't recall hearing a single sound there either and I couldn't see my own forearm and hand which I tried to hold up in front of my eyes, everything felt normal...
Anyway calling His name is what then got me back in my body and then He came........
He healed my heart and continues to do so....He is my biggest hero !

Reactions: lforrest

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The book of life doesn't answer the question because he simply never has nor would he ever appear in heavenly form, knowing that if we were to see him we'd be deader than a doorknob. People seem confused about those verses referring to the book of life and Jesus being chosen before the foundation of the world. To God, there is no "past, present and future", because what we call the future has already occurred to God. That's why he is the first that ever was and the last that ever will be. This is why he can say that all have sinned just like Adam and fallen short of his glory, because to God, its already occurred. Its not just about our sinful nature.

I agree about God's timelessness, which is why I mention the book of life. He knows the result of the judgement day in advance. So if people die because God has to judge them when he sees them, those written in the book would make it. Though before the cross they might have needed to actually die. This is all purely conjecture BTW.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I can see a spirit with the naked eye?
No, the naked eye is flesh, to which the spirit is unseen. If we see in the spirit, it is because we are in the spirit, having been born again of the spirit of God, a new creation. As it is written:

1 John 3:2
"Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, correct the eye is flesh, but do we see with our Eyes? no, we observe, or what we call looking, really takes place in our brains. but our brains, where visualization is made, is electrical. one more step, the brain itself is flesh also...... (smile). so who really perceive in this NATURAL world? answer, the soul, and the definition of perception is to become aware or conscious of (something); come to realize or understand something through the senses. if continue, we get into another topic. but we must get understand of what perceive really means. to see is to "KNOW". but we walk/live by faith and not by sight.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the naked eye is flesh, to which the spirit is unseen. If we see in the spirit, it is because we are in the spirit, having been born again of the spirit of God, a new creation. As it is written:

1 John 3:2
"Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is."

Uh huh, the scripture you cited is obviously referring to his second coming, a future event, an event that is clearly described as witnessed by the whole world. Will the saints, being changed, see him coming with "power and great glory" differently then the way the world will see him? How would you compare this to God opening the eyes of Elisha so he can see " horses" and "chariots of fire" in 2 Kings 6? It doesn't seem as simple as we think it is.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In 1 john we are told that the physical appearance of Jesus is unknown. "It has not yet been revealed what we shall be......we shall be like Him.....we shall see Him as He is".

Isa 53: "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?
For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not."

And, as you say...most picture show him quite handsome.( attractive or pleasing)

Sorry late to this one..missed it yesterday..so I was two pages behind..lol, story of my life!! :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh huh, the scripture you cited is obviously referring to his second coming, a future event, an event that is clearly described as witnessed by the whole world. Will the saints, being changed, see him coming with "power and great glory" differently then the way the world will see him? How would you compare this to God opening the eyes of Elisha so he can see " horses" and "chariots of fire" in 2 Kings 6? It doesn't seem as simple as we think it is.
If He is with me, the future is now, which was true also of "Today", when the Lord was crucified. But, as Paul explained He comes, "each in his own order."

Indeed, He comes in power and we see greater things than He did when He was here born of water, as He said.

The impact and implication of what occurred with Elisha was a sign and a foreshadowing of these times when the Holy Spirit is poured out upon all flesh, as spoke Joel the prophet. But these things come while many are unaware, and not by observation.

Nonetheless, He has overcome the world [already] and these are the times of His reign upon the earth. Thus Peter made it clear that the "end of the age" had come then, not future.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Still though, the appearance of the angel at Christs tomb was unlike other accounts of angelic appearances where they always appeared purely as young men.

I have not seen Jesus, but I have seen 4 angels. ( On the night my father died)
They were nothing at all like the pictures of angels that we see.
Plus, @ScottA I saw them both with my inner spiritual eye, and then with my open natural eyes..they were in the room.
I was in bed worn out and expecting my dad to die that night ( at home)
With my eyes closed in the dark, behind my closed lids, I 'saw' four angels. I know they had come for my dad. ( a wonderful godly man)
The 4 angels were about 6'7" tall...
big built like football players , about 30 years old, strong muscled arms. I was NOT expecting robes, but they did have robes!! No wings, which I was NOT expecting anyway. They were solid, nothing floaty or "spiritual realm" about them...but big, solid, strong, "men"!
I just KNEW 100%, that if I opened my eyes, they would be standing just where they were standing with my eyes shut.
So I opened my eyes and there they were. 4 men in the room . Blond by the way..I was NOT expecting that! We just looked at each other..they went to the next room to my dad...I turned over thinking " Praise the Lord, I can finally sleep, the angels are here. The strange thing is, every thing seemed so 'normal'..it didn't seem to surprise me at all.
( 3 hours later I woke up and knew dad had gone...and yes, he had.)
Great peace in knowing 'he had angels'.
If I was a betting person, I would bet that everyone of God's children 'has angels' when the leave here for Home. It's just that we don't always see them!!
I guess I said all that to say..that "spiritual" can indeed be manifested as solid and very 'human-kind'.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plus, @ScottA I saw them both with my inner spiritual eye, and then with my open natural eyes..they were in the room.
This is the ability of God to manifest at will. But just as it was witnessed in some accounts, not all see what is manifest, except to those of whom it is revealed.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My belief is He will return in the Transfigured body as He appeared in Matthew17: 2-3. I pray for that day. And that I may be here to see Him coming.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If He is with me, the future is now, which was true also of "Today", when the Lord was crucified. But, as Paul explained He comes, "each in his own order."
GINOLJC, to all. @Scott. not saying that you're right or wrong on this ORDER, but I have a question. how can Jesus, as you say, is with you, and the future is, which is true also of "today" when the Lord was crucified. how can that be an order of HIM, God, the Lord Jesus?. is not all time is the same time for HIM. and not us. if the order apply to us, (which I believe it is), then it's not past, or future, only present for us at that time of the order, and id so, then that's not an order at all. I believe different on the order spoke of in 1 Corinthians 15:21, I believe this order is speaking of the resurrection of the dead. scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:21 "For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming". this is my belief. an "order" is a sequence of events that, EVERY MAN (all), participate in, either of the first order or resurrection which is Christ's, (his people), or the the second order, EVERY MAN (all) of the devil. the first order or resurrection of the dead takes place before the 1,000 year reign, the righteous and the second order of the wicked, takes place after. supportive scripture, Revelation 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection". so reading 1 Corinthians 15:21, the order is of the righteous first then the wicked. if I'm in error please correct me.