• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I question any creator (real or believed in) for allowing my body to exist in this meaningless universe. I loathe existence itself. I'd be better off existing as any other creature than man. Because living as a human being is overrated :)

If you actually do some real thinking, you'll feel the same way at the end.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I question any creator (real or believed in) for allowing my body to exist in this meaningless universe. I loathe existence itself. I'd be better off existing as any other creature than man. Because living as a human being is overrated :)

That is pretty sad.
A happy face ending your human existence in a meaningless universe.

Not understanding Gods purpose of the Universe, is a far cry of the purpose of Earth, and Mankind. Aside from what you can See in the Universe, Earth is Mans Estate/Habitat/ and designed to keep your Body in a natural Living state.

And inanutshell, Creation of Mankind was Not FOR mankind, but rather FOR Gods Pleasure.
It is Gods Pleasure to Have something TO Love...Thus you were born For that Purpose.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy
Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then I suggest you read the book of ecclesiastes in the bible...it might help you understand the author

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus
Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel the same way about life...it's like been there done that..it gets old and boring...no matter what you do...I wouldn't want to live forever in this life..it seems like that would be tiring..

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After reading the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy....
I thought that this thread was about the answer to life and everything...

My mistake...carry on.

Reactions: dev553344

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is pretty sad.

Not understanding Gods purpose of the Universe, is a far cry of the purpose of Earth, and Mankind. Aside from what you can See in the Universe, Earth is Mans Estate/Habitat/ and designed to keep your Body in a natural Living state.

And inanutshell, Creation of Mankind was Not FOR mankind, but rather FOR Gods Pleasure.
It is Gods Pleasure to Have something TO Love...Thus you were born For that Purpose.

Glory to God,
Taken

I might just have to disagree with you in this.
There's a book by AW Tozer "Knowledge of the Holy" that discusses God's attributes and leaves the reader with the question of "Why did God create us?"

He certainly didn't need us or was lonely or something else like that.

And the answer truly is that God is good and perfect. But a portion of the definition of "Good" is the forgiveness of sin and transgressions...but to not be destructive while doing so.

And once this was realized God had no one to forgive...for He is infinitely good.
And it became a sort of bound arm struggling to be exercised.

When someone finally figures out how to wiggle their ears...they do so for a while. They invent silly reasons for showing friends and family their new talent. They really have no need to do so...but they exercise those muscles as often as they can should they ever need to do the wiggling. But in truth ear wiggling is not a necessity for daily life...or even recreation.

Same thing with God's need for us. He simply desires us. (He is good after all) And there's a definite end to this "exercise".

And that's how we become the righteousness of God.

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a book by AW Tozer "Knowledge of the Holy" that discusses God's attributes and leaves the reader with the question of "Why did God create us?"

And the answer truly is that God is good and perfect. But a portion of the definition of "Good" is the forgiveness of sin and transgressions...but to not be destructive while doing so.

And once this was realized God had no one to forgive...for He is infinitely good.

When someone finally figures out how to wiggle their ears...they do so for a while. They invent silly reasons for showing friends and family their new talent. They really have no need to do so...but they exercise those muscles as often as they can should they ever need to do the wiggling. But in truth ear wiggling is not a necessity for daily life...or even recreation.

Same thing with God's need for us. He simply desires us. (He is good after all) And there's a definite end to this "exercise".

He created us to be fruitful and multiply..to rebirth a new world ..God made us in his image...so we should try to be like God and teach our children to be so...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel the same way about life...it's like been there done that..it gets old and boring...no matter what you do...I wouldn't want to live forever in this life..it seems like that would be tiring..

"If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." I Cor 15:19

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"So I returned, and considered all the oppressions that are done under the sun: and behold the tears of such as were oppressed, and they had no comforter; and on the side of their oppressors there was power; but they had no comforter." Ecc 4:1

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No problem.

Still disagree ;)

I can not recall the Scriptures offhand but it paralleled mankind's basic desire for children...
Something to Love, Give to, Teach, marvel at accomplishments...and the likes.

Glory to God,
Taken

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That is pretty sad.

Glory to God,
Taken
Still, it holds no meaning for myself.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This sounds like you might need to see a mental health counselor. You're view on humanity isn't a healthy one and needs to be looked at by a professional.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Having doubt's Jennifera? They don't like doubt, it scares them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still, it holds no meaning for myself.

You and I have very different outlooks.
My suggestion to you would be to Reflect on a single moment, in the entire existence of your life, that you were completely; Body, Mind, Heart, and Soul completely Full of Joy...
And Choose that moments feeling To BE Your Forever Possibility.

Glory to God,
Taken

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was a bad person in a previous life. Now I am paying for it.

I have accepted my punishment as fair and just.