attacking another denomination are included in this rule.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, this...

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;...

God and the man.

The omnipresent man that all of what God consists of is inside of.

So you are saying that Jesus "God" lied when he said he was to sit at the right hand of God?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With consideration to whom you addressed that post, does the scripture say Jesus was just a man?
Yes, but with his evolutionary bodily change after his resurrection into omnipresence, God "God's us" through Jesus' body, making Jesus God by default.

This vindicates Thomas per John 20.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but with his evolutionary bodily change after his resurrection into omnipresence, God "God's us" through Jesus' body, making Jesus God by default.

and yet nothing changed in his Body....

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@True Faith

I guess "Barney The Liar" would've been a better one for me, eh?

Well, I can't say it's been fun, but I can say it's pretty near over with. :D

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Jesus was God with us when in utero."Matthew 1:22-23
Now all this took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet: “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.”

And his arrival was prophesied long before that.
Isaiah 7:14, the prophet writes, "Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call his name Immanuel".

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Equal in divinity, just as the Angels are divine beings... so was it the will of Jesus to do the will of his Father, who is God?

Angels are spiritual not divine beings.

Teh Father is abvove the sun in position and exaltation, but the Son is equal to teh Father in "Godness" if you will . Different in authority, equal in person hood.

A crude human example. IN a home you have husband, wife, child. Each are 100% equally human but hold differing positions and differing authority though they are equal in their humanity.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
This would apply to genuine Christian brethren within a local church (as is clear from the context). Can those who hold to false teachings and false Christ's be regarded as brethren? What does John say about those who do not hold to "the doctrine of Christ"?

2 JOHN 1: DEALING WITH FALSE TEACHERS AND FALSE BRETHREN
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Matthew 12:47-50 Someone said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You.” But Jesus answered the one who was telling Him and said, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, “Behold My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother.”

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Catholic church in particular emulates many old covenant practices of temple worship.

Hi Lizbeth,

How refreshing to have someone recognize that the Catholic (and Orthdox) liturgies have their roots in the temple worship in Jerusalem rather than accuse them of being pagan in origin.
The Sacraments have been celebrated from the begining and are found in every community the apostles founded. You will find them in the NT and the writings of the early church fathers.

Indeed the blood and water that flows from Jesus side on the cross, represent the 2 greatest sacraments, Baptism and Eucharist, as the Church is taken from Jesus side, just as Eve was taken from Adam's side while he slept..

Special buildings made for the community to gather and celebrate the Sacred Mysteries, of course do not appear until it was actually legal for the community to publicly gather, but in places like the catacombs in Rome and elsewhere, you will find paintings and icons and symbols where the community did gather in secret...

Consecrated buildings are not required to celebrate the Sacraments, but are a natural outgrowth of offering our best to glorify and worship God.
Consider that Jesus is really present in the Eucharist, is it not fitting to celebrate in buildings built to glorify Him?
So to, liturgical vestments find their roots in the vestments of the temple priests and levites dedicated to the worship and glory of the God whom we serve, and serve a function as do statues, icons, paintings and indeed building layouts to remind us of and bring to mind the events of Jesus' life and of heavenly things.

In every community established by the apostles you will find the whole life of the Church centered on the celebration of the sacraments. That which is believed by all, everwhere (the very definition of catholic) is certainly that which we received from the apostles..

Pax et Bonum

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying that Jesus "God" lied when he said he was to sit at the right hand of God?
No, God is omnipresent and has no right hand.

That is symbolic of who Jesus is to God.

Jesus is actually blinding white light that blinded Paul.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was God with us when in utero."Matthew 1:22-23
Now all this took place to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet: “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.”

And his arrival was prophesied long before that.
Isaiah 7:14, the prophet writes, "Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call his name Immanuel".
Yes, but when will Christendom see exactly how Jesus was "God with us"?...

.....the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes, but when will Christendom see exactly how Jesus was "God with us"?...

.....the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
That verse is also pretty clear as to the divinity of Jesus.

He was the word made flesh. God who dwelt among us.

People who can't see that aren't meant to. Just as Jesus said not everyone was meant to understand his gospel message. Which is why he said he spoke in parables.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That verse is also pretty clear as to the divinity of Jesus.

He was the word made flesh. God who dwelt among us.

People who can't see that aren't meant to. Just as Jesus said not everyone was meant to understand his gospel message. Which is why he said he spoke in parables.
No, the divinity was INSIDE Jesus..the divinity is the Father inside the son.

Every one of you incarnationists flat out deny God inside Jesus.

You all teach God AS Jesus.

You teach God BECAME Jesus.

You teach God got a woman pregnant with HIMSELF, becoming HIMSELF.

This is reincarnation.

You teach God was just passin through Mary.

You absolutely deny the individuality of Jesus as he spoke in verses like this....

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Or this...

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No, the divinity was INSIDE Jesus..the divinity is the Father inside the son.

Every one of you incarnationists flat out deny God inside Jesus.

You all teach God AS Jesus.

You teach God BECAME Jesus.

You teach God got a woman pregnant with HIMSELF, becoming HIMSELF.

This is reincarnation.

You teach God was just passin through Mary.

You absolutely deny the individuality of Jesus as he spoke in verses like this....

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Or this...

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
All these euphemisms.

When everything is of and from God, Jesus was no exception. Which is why his name was Immanuel, meaning God with us.
God was Jesus,Jesus was God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All these euphemisms.

When everything is of and from God, Jesus was no exception. Which is why his name was Immanuel, meaning God with us.
God was Jesus,Jesus was God.
God was a mocroscopic sperm cell to mate with Mary's egg to make the son of God and son of man...with us?

Or, God with us from within Jesus' body?

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, ....