Is the Sabbath a 'test of loyalty'?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hey Barn, I noticed you keep referring to Hebrews 4. Do you think Hebrews 4 is somehow re-declaring keeping the 7th day holy? Read it again, it is declaring a new day. But even that is not about keeping the letter of the law. Nor is it changing to a new day of the week, like Sunday. You can keep Saturday, or none, but in the New Covenant we must not forsake the assembling of ourselves together to keep each other strong. But God's true rest is the Spirit of the Sabbath. And it has everything to do with our salvation! That is why in our schoolmaster, the Old Covenant it was emphasized so much and to be kept every week. Do you remember how we keep the Spirit of the Sabbath? Hint: it is not once a week, but 24/7/365
You have a deadly dangerous imagination--, hell! Run Lady, run!

I dare you, arrogant butterfly ladybird, prove <the Old Covenant it was emphasized so much and to be kept every week> ONCE in any or all Scripture.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Sabbath was made for man"--, "for" him, meaning, the Sabbath was made to meet man's NEED for GRACE, meaning the Sabbath was made after man had sinned, which man did the very day before that God had created him on, "and it was the Sixth Day" of creation-week. The Sabbath was not <God's gift to us>, God's Grace by Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of OUR, SIN, was His <gift to us>--, His Gift "for man", sinner. THEREFORE "the Sabbath was made for MAN" The Son of Man Son of God, God The Son, to WORK the salvation of sinner-man, "ON THE SEVENTH DAY God made ALL, HIS, WORKS".
Arrogant man presumes God did REST for man to spurn His Holy Day --- you're mad.
really - not really - really

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bla bla bla prattle prattle prattle little star o how bright 'n lofty you think you are. Once there was an hyena, thought he'd challenge an hippopotamus; sneaked up on it from behind without a sound, matriarch and mates watching out of reach afar; they were older and knew what was coming.
Well as this added nothing to the conversation, I chalk it up to your bitter spirit.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ah, an offramp, deviation, distraction! Now we find so many Sabbath Law-references to doing a Sabbathectomy on the law of God!
All the world against the Law has done an Anastaseohsectomy on the Bible Sabbath in which Catholic Adventism proudly did Internship under Curatorship of the Vicar of Christ Antichrist.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you prefer to keep it hidden from the people viewing this thread. This is not a charitable heart nor one that is to be commended.
Sorry Ronald, Barney started a conversation and that's where we've been.

Is there any particular thing you want me to explain, rather than everything I believe.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Ronald, Barney started a conversation and that's where we've been.

Is there any particular thing you want me to explain, rather than everything I believe.
Well your posts 127, 151 and 170. as we are speaking of the sabbath and the sabbath rest,

I AM SEEKING WHAT YOU MEANT IN THESE THREE POSTS.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well pray tell, inform us where you think part of the Mosaic Law came from, if not from Sinai?
Which part do you mean? I was simply responding to this statement of yours:
Of the 613 commands God gave to Moses on the mount, only 9 are carried forward to the church.
This may seem inconsequential but remarks like these only add to the misinformation that abounds pertaining to the Decalogue. Sorry, but words have meaning, they spread like wildfire in today's world, and therefore should be uttered with caution. Either you meant that all of the "613" points of the Mitzvot were given to Moses on Sinai or you didn't. I can't see any harm in clarifying the matter. I'm happy to honestly answer any clearly-stated question, Brother Ron.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which part do you mean? I was simply responding to this statement of yours:

This may seem inconsequential but remarks like these only add to the misinformation that abounds pertaining to the Decalogue. Sorry, but words have meaning, they spread like wildfire in today's world, and therefore should be uttered with caution. Either you meant that all of the "613" points of the Mitzvot were given to Moses on Sinai or you didn't. I can't see any harm in clarifying the matter. I'm happy to honestly answer any clearly-stated question, Brother Ron.
Well if we accept how Scripture was written and historic, then yes Moses received all 613 commands while on sinai!

Jews accept it and all Christians I know accept it. If you do not please present why you disagree.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews accept it and all Christians I know accept it. If you do not please present why you disagree.
It might be time that I made a concession here, Brother Ron.

Because, regardless of what conclusions people have published on their personal websites, I don't believe that Deuteronomy 5:31 means that God dictated a lone list of 613 laws to Moses at Horeb anymore than I believe He dictated the Torah in whole to him there. A sizable segment of Rabbinical tradition (Yishmael ben Elisha Nachmani) holds that the "Mitzvot" itself was largely given to Israel in the Tent Of Meeting.

However, the nature, inspiration, establishment, and preservation of Scripture is a topic that Scripture itself has less to say about than many will accept and upon which I believe man's (or, at least, my) silence is eloquence.

And since this now sorely belabored topic is a minor with regard to the thread subject and has ramifications pertaining to the nature of inspiration, I think I'd prefer to just concede the point.

Always a pleasure, though, Brother. ;)

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It might be time that I made a concession here, Brother Ron.

Because, regardless of what conclusions people have published on their personal websites, I don't believe that Deuteronomy 5:31 means that God dictated a lone list of 613 laws to Moses at Horeb anymore than I believe He dictated the Torah in whole to him there. A sizable segment of Rabbinical tradition (Yishmael ben Elisha Nachmani) holds that the "Mitzvot" itself was largely given to Israel in the Tent Of Meeting.

However, the nature, inspiration, establishment, and preservation of Scripture is a topic that Scripture itself has less to say about than many will accept and upon which I believe man's (or, at least, my) silence is eloquence.

And since this now sorely belabored topic is a minor with regard to the thread subject and has ramifications pertaining to the nature of inspiration, I think I'd prefer to just concede the point.

Always a pleasure, though, Brother. ;)
Found ya! I can take a hint....

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife