More Christian tattoo artists a positive development?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is is a positive development for more Christians to train and work as tattoo artists?

• Yes; positive for more Christians - preferably men - to train and work and tattoo artists

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not that she has brought up, but it is still her call (except for 1 Corinthians 7:4).

I will still weigh in on varous issues, but if I am in no way responsible for the consequences, I leave such decisions up to her.
@Sabertooth If I may say so, sounds like you guys have a very healthy relationship! In my humble opinion if a married Christian lady is inked, it should be because she wanted to be, not because her husband did (and the opposite also)...

(2c...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Sabertooth I guess you know that some Christian husbands would get upset if their wife or daughter aged 18 or over wanted ink...but it's part of showing Christian character to respect what other adults think and prefer ...

(Goes to show the sheer extent of the demand for parlor services...and the question underlying the poll, anyway.)

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth Oh so you're comparing the avatar showing the shirt which is not permanent, with a tattoo which indeed is! :)

Sorry, your response seems to be firm? I know it is not permanent, I didn't think it was necessary to make any offence, it is just another way to express my belief! Please, I do not condemn what other's choose to do, who am I.??

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sorry, your response seems to be firm? I know it is not permanent, I didn't think it was necessary to make any offence, it is just another way to express my belief! Please, I do not condemn what other's choose to do, who am I.??
@Sabertooth No; your post was great, Sir; I was saying in a garbled way, I guess, that you simply offered an interesting, further comparison.

Thanks and blessings.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho So anyway you do understand the basic desire to get tattooed? the basic desire to pierce one's ears? (often parlors do both).

This thread is still going, wowz, I do understand ones desire to get a tattoo, but ear piercings, if it's a girl understandable, but I don't understand guys doing it haha.

But if you then go on to talk belly buttons pierced, lips pierced and tongues pierced, it just sounds ridiculous to me and I see no point at all. I don't know how they feel eating with tongues and lips pierced even haha. Eating if you get a mouth ulcer can be painful enough anyway.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... I do understand ones desire to get a tattoo...
@Josho Thanks; so I guess you would readily understand the rationale behind the poll question, right?

There is indeed such a demand for tattoo services — an understandable demand also — that instead of fighting the medium, many ppl embrace it and are willing either to receive faith based designs or else even participate in the industry.

@Sabertooth has helpfully explained a cautionary note here; but you can see just how widespread it is.