Paul never claimed Revelation 20:4 was a current reality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Examples posted are always of physically alive people accepting Christ and spiritually becoming alive ie: being saved.

Rev 20:4 is vastly different with already saved people who already had accepted Christ, refusing the mark of the beast etc during the GT and are beheaded (physically killed) and at the timeframe of Rev 20, are resurrected back to physical life.

Amill totally ignores the fact that the beheaded saints were ALREADY SPIRITUALLY ALIVE before being beheaded and they don't seem to understand that being beheaded means a person physically dies. Details like these don't matter to Amill.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Examples posted are always of physically alive people accepting Christ and spiritually becoming alive ie: being saved.

Rev 20:4 is vastly different with already saved people who already had accepted Christ, refusing the mark of the beast etc during the GT and are beheaded (physically killed) and at the timeframe of Rev 20, are resurrected back to physical life.

Amill totally ignores the fact that the beheaded saints were ALREADY SPIRITUALLY ALIVE before being beheaded and they don't seem to understand that being beheaded means a person physically dies. Details like these don't matter to Amill.

Of course, I believe that the beheaded saints were saved before they were beheaded and that they die physically you are misrepresenting me. If you actually read my OP in the thread that I posted, you would see that I wrote that in the OP.

Reactions: rwb and WPM

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, I believe that the beheaded saints were saved before they were beheaded and that they die physically you are misrepresenting me. If you actually read my OP in the thread that I posted, you would see that I wrote that in the OP.

So they are saved twice? Amill rejects that they are being physically resurrected in verse 4.

Since they are being physically killed and are saved before that, your comparison to what Paul wrote falls apart because he isn't talking about saved people being killed and then being saved a second time.

Rev 20:4- Already saved people being physically killed in the GT and then resurrecting physically. This happens in the future.

Paul- addresses unsaved people who are physically alive accepting Christ and being saved. He is referring to people who lived during his lifetime.

Obviously Paul isn't talking about what Rev 20:4 is. Bible interpretation doesn't get any worse than suggesting Paul was speaking about the events of Rev 20:4.

Reactions: Davy and Gandalf-

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is ridiculous. Why did you create your own thread about this when one already exists? Can't you just talk about this there in the existing thread? Are you starving for attention or something?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So they are saved twice? Amill rejects that they are being physically resurrected in verse 4.

Since they are being physically killed and are saved before that, your comparison to what Paul wrote falls apart because he isn't talking about saved people being killed and then being saved a second time.

Rev 20:4- Already saved people being physically killed in the GT and then resurrecting physically. This happens in the future.

Paul- addresses unsaved people who are physically alive accepting Christ and being saved. He is referring to people who lived during his lifetime.

Obviously Paul isn't talking about what Rev 20:4 is. Bible interpretation doesn't get any worse than suggesting Paul was speaking about the events of Rev 20:4.

I addressed all of this in my OP why don't you address them instead of making your own thread printing things I didn't say or believe?

You still didn't address the three events that Paul stated which are also in rev 20:4.

The fact is that Paul was speaking spiritually not physically to his audience.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still didn't address the three events that Paul stated which are also in rev 20:4.

Yes I did:

The fact is that Paul was speaking spiritually not physically to his audience.

And Rev 20 addresses physical people experiencing physical things. Clearly not the same things.

Reactions: Davy and Gandalf-

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes I did:

And Rev 20 addresses physical people experiencing physical things. Clearly not the same things.

That didn't address them and I did say that it was saved people being physically killed in the great tribulation.

What you didn't address was the three events that Paul mentioned that are also in revelation 4:20 here they are again

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Ephesians
2:4-6
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

In the verses above Paul states that we were already made alive, raised up and seated with Christ in the heavenly realms.

Colossians 3:1
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Once again Paul states that we have already been raised up with Christ.

Romans 5:17
17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

Finally in the verse above Paul states that we reign in life through Jesus.

All of these verses were a current reality while alive in the physical body almost two thousand years ago. If it was a reality back, then it is still a reality today.

Paul ties three events directly to Revelation 20:4 "that we have been made alive", "seated with Christ in the heavenly realms" and that "we reign (in life) through Jesus".

Reactions: rwb

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That didn't address them

I addressed all of them two times. Paul isn't talking about what John saw in Rev 20. I showed the differences already. You are avoiding addressing those differences.

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Saved people who physically die and come back to life is NOT remotely what Paul speaks about.

Ephesians
2:4-6
4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

How is this the same?? Living people being saved and NOT being physically killed and resurrected and seated in heavenly places rather than Earthly places are OPPOSITES. Literally opposite of what Rev 20 describes.

In the verses above Paul states that we were already made alive, raised up and seated with Christ in the heavenly realms.

And not what Rev 20 speaks of because that already had happened to the people who are beheaded BEFORE they are beheaded!

Colossians 3:1
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Once again Paul states that we have already been raised up with Christ.

This is about being born again NOT RESURRECTED physically after being beheaded. Do you know what a beheading is? You don't appear to from what you are posting.

Romans 5:17
17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

Finally in the verse above Paul states that we reign in life through Jesus.

This is about being born again NOT RESURRECTED physically after being beheaded.

All of these verses were a current reality while alive in the physical body almost two thousand years ago. If it was a reality back, then it is still a reality today.

And has NOTHING to do with Rev 20:4, nothing!

Paul ties three events directly to Revelation 20:4 "that we have been made alive", "seated with Christ in the heavenly realms" and that "we reign (in life) through Jesus".

They aren't related to Rev 20:4 at all.

Reactions: Gandalf-

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I addressed all of them two times. Paul isn't talking about what John saw in Rev 20. I showed the differences already. You are avoiding addressing those differences.

Saved people who physically die and come back to life is NOT remotely what Paul speaks about.

How is this the same?? Living people being saved and NOT being physically killed and resurrected and seated in heavenly places rather than Earthly places are OPPOSITES. Literally opposite of what Rev 20 describes.

And not what Rev 20 speaks of because that already had happened to the people who are beheaded BEFORE they are beheaded!

This is about being born again NOT RESURRECTED physically after being beheaded. Do you know what a beheading is? You don't appear to from what you are posting.

My point is that the three events that Paul mentions reigning in life, raised with Christ and seated in the heavenly realms are spiritual. John mentions these same three events in revelation 20:4 thus they are spiritual as John doesn’t say that they are physical.

I’m not saying that Paul is directly taking about revelation 20:4 but just teaching about the same events.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is that the three events that Paul mentions reigning in life, raised with Christ and seated in the heavenly realms are spiritual.

Everyone already understands that.

John mentions these same three events in revelation 20:4 thus they are spiritual as John doesn’t say that they are physical.

John is not speaking of when people become saved. He is speaking about already saved people who are physically killed and physically resurrected. No one is being killed in the three passages you posted from Paul.

I’m not saying that Paul is directly taking about revelation 20:4 but just teaching about the same events.

He isn't talking about the same events. That's extremely obvious.

Rev 20 is speaking of living saved people who get killed because they are saved and remain faithful to Jesus then come back to physical life.
Paul spoke of spiritually dead people who become spiritually alive when they become saved Christians.

You say they are the same, the details show they are not.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not all Ahmil believe as WPM, Israelite, Covenantee, I believe they follow reformed preterist eschatology that denies a future great tribulation and the future antichrist also

Yes I'm Ahmil, in denial of a future Millennial Kingdom on this earth, I don't follow reformed preterist eschatology in 66-70AD fulfillment

Yes im Ahmil and I believe there will be future tribulation martyrs, and they will be resurrected on the last day at the second coming, as all the dead that have lived will be as seen in post #13 below

Yes I'm Ahmil and I believe in a future literal human man that will be Daniel's (Little Horn) Paul's (Man Of Sin) John's (The Beast) that will rule for 3.5 years during a future literal Great Tribulation on earth

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Those that are " The Souls" live and reign with Christ in the "Spiritual" they are waiting to partake in their future resurrection that takes place on the Last Day at the Second Coming, no resurrection has taken place as you claim

Revelation 20:4KJV
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The First Resurrection, On The Last Day Explained

There are (Two) resurrections on this (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second Death) resurrection has no power.

1.) (First Resurrection) To Life
2.) (Second Death) Resurrection To Damnation

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

Daniel 12:1-2KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that are " The Souls" live and reign with Christ in the "Spiritual" they are waiting to partake in their future resurrection that takes place on the Last Day at the Second Coming, no resurrection has taken place as you claim

Rev 20 declares the resurrection of the beheaded who live again and reign with Christ.

Reactions: Gandalf-

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

There are (Two) resurrections on this (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second Death) resurrection has no power.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
I know what you're saying here that the resurrection on the last day applies to both the righteous and the wicked as a simultaneous event, that both groups are raised together and given a body and each group goes their separate ways.

Those second sets of verses do not have to be simultaneous, there can be a first resurrection of the righteous justified by faith who are blessed and holy, and then a second resurrection of the wicked afterwards, so that they appear at the great white throne judgement of God.

Reading of those scriptures allows for that.

About this very thing. And a Day to the Lord can be a thousand years long.
Peter is saying dont think of that DAY as a normal human like day.

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So the scriptures allows for that thousand years long last Day. Not be thinking in human terms that a DAY is a one day like sunrise to sunrise. And think also at this time the sun is no longer shining in the sky to mark out a day any longer. The eternal state for the righteous has arrived.

1. Revelation 21:23
    The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Revelation 22:5
    There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

How Many Resurrections Will There Be? (blueletterbible.org)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20 declares the resurrection of the beheaded who live again and reign with Christ.
Revelation 20 does not claim a resurrection of the souls seen, this takes place on the last day at the second coming, we disagree

29 And shall come forth;

The (Last Day) Judgement

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what you're saying here that the resurrection on the last day applies to both the righteous and the wicked as a simultaneous event, that both groups are raised together and given a body and each group goes their separate ways.

Those second sets of verses do not have to be simultaneous, there can be a first resurrection of the righteous justified by faith who are blessed and holy, and then a second resurrection of the wicked afterwards, so that they appear at the great white throne judgement of God.

Reading of those scriptures allows for that.

About this very thing. And a Day to the Lord can be a thousand years long.
Peter is saying dont think of that DAY as a normal human like day.

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So the scriptures allows for that thousand years long last Day. Not be thinking in human terms that a DAY is a one day like sunrise to sunrise. And think also at this time the sun is no longer shining in the sky to mark out a day any longer. The eternal state for the righteous has arrived.

1. Revelation 21:23
    The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.
  2. Revelation 22:5
    There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

How Many Resurrections Will There Be? (blueletterbible.org)
I disagree with your 1,000 year day Scott, you are artificially trying to make room for a future Millennium on this earth not found in scripture

As you have been clearly shown, the resurrection of all takes place on the last day at the second coming (The End)

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20 does not claim a resurrection of the souls seen

Yes it does:

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does:

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Christians are of the living not the dead, they live in the spiritual realm in Revelation 20:4 waiting for the last day resurrection of all, as you have been shown several times

Luke 20:38KJV
38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is ridiculous. Why did you create your own thread about this when one already exists? Can't you just talk about this there in the existing thread? Are you starving for attention or something?

The answer is: yes!