Can a Christian be only partly saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess my "sprechen" didn't cut it..They were sincere;deeply devoted/spiritual folk.Made me feel like a toad @ a frog convention ! <m>
Sometimes people who want to love Jesus have not yet learned what charity really is. Don't feel too bad for them. They simply need to learn more about what Jesus really is. He is about much more than talking in tongues. As a man here, he most often or even always spoke in parables and how many understood what he was saying?

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pastor Marty,
I don't need to contact any University.
I've often said that the O.T. is very badly translated and much misunderstood. For instance, I repeat that after Yahweh revealed Himself to the Hebrews, everything that happened was attributed to Him, even those things HE did not do because the God I know would not do those things. I get told I don't accept the bible as the word of God.

I do. Trouble is MAN got his hands on it. Man was inspired by God to write certain things. God did not sit at His computer and write the book Himself. This has helped me to understand the O.T. much better, but I guess I had to become a heretic to do so. Actually I was taught this by a bid denominational church that I happen to trust with history.
*************Interesting !! Dint Paul say sompin once like:"This is my opinion & not God's/believe it was maybe abt. marriage/wish them OT scribes had been that honest !Maybe we all wouldn't B @ a Bro's jugular abt. my interpytatshem beats yer interpretation & I gotta gun 2 prove it !! <m>

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy, you sure know how to say a lot with words only people like me could understand.
You get many complaints??

You mentioned the first couple hundred years. More like almost 400 hundred, but who's counting?
The bible wasn't a bound book yet, but its pages (of the N.T.) were floating around to the different "churches", some of which were homes and some. by this time, were actual bldgs. Bldgs, after the Romans stopped feeding the lions with human meat.

I like to read the Early Church Fathers. They seem to be the closest to Jesus, unless I'm sorely mistaken. Yes. Some books are lost to us. Greek and Babylonian writings found in Alessandria. They no longer are. Can't think of any right now. Books are precious. Farenheit 451 horrified me. BURN BOOKS! I've never thrown a book out. And some deserve to be thrown out!! (I used to belong to a book club back when I used to read and some of them were garbage with a capital G).

OK. So what were we talking about??
Pretty sure that was my long-winded attempt @ saying;"trust yer instincts & Gods Spirit"

Reactions: GodsGrace

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy, you sure know how to say a lot with words only people like me could understand.
You get many complaints??

You mentioned the first couple hundred years. More like almost 400 hundred, but who's counting?
The bible wasn't a bound book yet, but its pages (of the N.T.) were floating around to the different "churches", some of which were homes and some. by this time, were actual bldgs. Bldgs, after the Romans stopped feeding the lions with human meat.

I like to read the Early Church Fathers. They seem to be the closest to Jesus, unless I'm sorely mistaken. Yes. Some books are lost to us. Greek and Babylonian writings found in Alessandria. They no longer are. Can't think of any right now. Books are precious. Farenheit 451 horrified me. BURN BOOKS! I've never thrown a book out. And some deserve to be thrown out!! (I used to belong to a book club back when I used to read and some of them were garbage with a capital G).

OK. So what were we talking about??
I think in binary code and/or pre-cambrian troglodyte <m>

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sometimes people who want to love Jesus have not yet learned what charity really is
Isn't that the truth ! He also showed me once, that we cannot love the way He loves, unless we FIRST accept His Love into ourselves...He said, that we cannot give out, what we do not have . So let us return to our first Love...His Love for us......"We love Him because He first loved us" :)

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't that the truth ! He also showed me once, that we cannot love the way He loves, unless we FIRST accept His Love into ourselves...He said, that we cannot give out, what we do not have . So let us return to our first Love...His Love for us......"We love Him because He first loved us" :)
Pia;my friend, I believe Jesus loves me ! Then I feel bad abt. my feelings 2 my fellow hominids;which @ best are"like 'em a lot" 2 "If U get in my face I will hurt U"(worst)***Better an honest "do no harm" than a phoney;"I love them !"

Reactions: pia

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes people who want to love Jesus have not yet learned what charity really is. Don't feel too bad for them. They simply need to learn more about what Jesus really is. He is about much more than talking in tongues. As a man here, he most often or even always spoke in parables and how many understood what he was saying?
****Well then;seems I have that parable thing in hand;as well as oblique innuendos,snarky quips &genteel chastisements.Even got me head bashed a time'er 2 for it ! Hey;iffin ya don't get mugged now & then yer preachin in the wrong park ! <m>

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Pia;my friend, I believe Jesus loves me ! Then I feel bad abt. my feelings 2 my fellow hominids;which @ best are"like 'em a lot" 2 "If U get in my face I will hurt U"(worst)***Better an honest "do no harm" than a phoney;"I love them !"
The above is to Pia.
But do you believe it's possible to love someone but not like them?
Or,,,a lot of someones,,,

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's tongues of God and there's garbage of men.
"Man kann auch auf Deutsch oder auf Englisch oder auf Spanisch sprechen".

What we say has meaning for someone else only if that someone understands what we are saying. I don't get tossed out, but often I have not gone back. Is that good or bad? What does God think about it?
I think scripture is pretty clear that we are to avoid defiling our conscience. If we decide to not "go back" for reasons of conscience its most likely a good thing for us (but may not be the best for others.) I think the correct thing to do when in doubt is to pray about the matter until the Lord settles your heart in His perfect peace. I believe that this is the way to be assured that you remain in His will. The Lord will not allow His children to be tempted beyond their ability to resist such temptation and will provide a way out according to His promise and within His good and perfect will.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Accepting His Love for you is only the beginning and none of us are perfect. :)

Reactions: bbyrd009

CharlesC

Jan 26, 2018
Belle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No... We are either 100% saved or not at all. Jesus nor the apostles taught this. Even Paul, asked the 12 men, whom's baptism did they under went? They replied, John's. Johns was remission of sins. They needed the Holy Spirit in them and to hear the story about Jesus Christ. So there is no such thing as partially saved. Either one is or he or she isn't.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No... We are either 100% saved or not at all. Jesus nor the apostles taught this. Even Paul, asked the 12 men, whom's baptism did they under went? They replied, John's. Johns was remission of sins. They needed the Holy Spirit in them and to hear the story about Jesus Christ. So there is no such thing as partially saved. Either one is or he or she isn't.
ha, you sound awful sure.

"Get behind Me, satan," so Peter was 100% lost?