Identifying the Beasts of Revelations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a follow up to the America is Babylon post.

IDENTIFYING THE BEASTS OF REVELATION

To understand the beasts of Revelation we need to go back to the source. The book of Daniel is one of the keys to unlocking the mysteries of Revelation. The future beasts find their prophetic beginnings in the visions of Daniel. The first clue we have to their future identity is found in his answer to the dream of Nebuchadnezzar of the image of a man.

Dan. 2:32-33 - “This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, 33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.”

Now we know that the head was Babylon, his breast and arms of silver was the Medo-Persians, his belly and thighs of brass were Greece (under Alexander the Great) and the legs of iron was Rome. The future kingdom represented by the feet and toes of iron mixed with clay is as yet unknown although we all have our own ideas.

The next vision that basically repeats these identities is the one with four beasts Dan. 7:4-7 - “The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: (Babylon) I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it. 5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: (Medo-Persia) and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh. 6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it (Greece). 7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.” (the as yet unknown future beast)

Now we go on the beasts of Revelation. Starting with Rev. 13 we have this description: Rev. 13:1-2 - “And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.”

Now a lot of people read the description of vs. 2 and immediately jump to the conclusion that it’s the same beast of Dan. 7, but it’s not. Dan. 7 had four beasts, this is one beast but yes it does have it’s roots and history in the four beasts of Dan. 7. Let’s examine this beast out of the sea more closely.

Before I get to the description of the beast let me pause here for a moment for some clarification. I’ve been pondering on this for a few days now because of a conversation with Veteran on the “America is Babylon” post. What I was going to respond with sounded unsatisfactory to me and based on my recent studies I have revised some of my thinking but (sorry vet) I still believe America is the Babylon of Rev. 17 & 18.

However, I got to thinking: Why is this beast coming out of the sea? The answer I came up with is because this is an anti-christ kingdom. The spirit of anti-christ teaches that man came from the sea via the evolutionary primordial ooze. (LOL, it sounds silly just writing it). I have come to believe that when satan is cast out of heaven, he is given a short time and a free hand to do what he will with the Earth, just as the people of the Tower of Babel had. Until God says “that’s enough”. Now we know that during this time God will be raining down various judgments upon the earth but most likely they (the unsaved peoples of the earth) will not consider them to be holy judgments, just bad luck.

Some of you may or may not know this but back in 1942, the U.N. came up with a plan to divide the earth into ten sectors. (google, UN map of the world in ten regions) and you’ll see how they divided it. It is a “man-made” kingdom, not a “God-approved” kingdom. This also goes back to the iron and clay toes of Dan. 2. Clay can signify “of the earth”, again not God designed but satanically inspired just as the Tower of Babel was. This 10 sector global division is what I believe the beast from the sea represents. I believe this might occur after WW3, probably with Islamic nations as the “Assyrian” at their head, but he will not be the Anti-Christ. But back to a closer look. The first beast of Rev. 13 looks like a leopard. What does this tell us?

The first thing that comes to mind is there goes the idea that this is some Islamic caliphate. The leopard which signified Greece is not Islamic. Remember, this is a combination of historical attributes, not a repeat of the same old, same old. In my opinion the attribute this is telling us is about the design of leadership. One main man with four generals although in this case of ten horns and ten crowns, it is ten leaders with one being the “ruling head”.

The next attribute is the “feet of a bear”. The bear symbolized the Medo-Persians. What does this tell us? Well, it was Cyrus the Great, leader of the Medo-Persians that signed the decree to allow Jews to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple. Same here. This leader will also allow Israel to rebuild their temple.

The last attribute is a “mouth like a lion”. The lion symbolized Babylon. If we go back to the roots of Babylon, back to the Tower of Babel, we see this: Gen. 11:4 - “And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.”

I believe this spirit of “boastfulness” will be repeated. Their attitude will be like, “See what we have accomplished without the help of some God, as men we have been able to design a system that brought “peace and safety” to the earth“. This boastfulness will come from the spirit of anti-christ that will be prevalent throughout the whole earth at this time, personified in the one main leader of this ten-nation group. Consider that the a/c doesn’t have to be a “founding member” just someone who will at some point rise to power. The dragon (satan) gives the beast, personified by the a/c, his power, seat and authority.

The second beast of Rev. 13 is described thusly: Rev. 13:11 - “And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.”

From a description aspect this was a little more confusing. Lamb’s don’t have horns. The Strong’s def. is “male lambkin”, again no horns. The Strong’s def. of “horns” can also mean “the hair of the head”. So I pondered on this awhile but alas! no blinding “light of revelation” came and I’ve arrived at two conclusions. Either he is sporting a stylish new hairdo (think comic strip Dilbert’s boss) or he is trying to come across with false attributes of Christ. This false prophet will present himself, “like a lamb”, Christ is the “sacrificial lamb”, “spake as a dragon”, he will probably be one of the greatest orators of all time in imitation of Christ as “the Word”.

Now, let’s move on the beast of Rev. 17:3 - “So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.”
The beast of Rev. 17 which is, imo, completely different from either beast of Rev. 13, does come from the bottomless pit, however, imo, he is an evil reincarnation of "one that was (he lived), is not (he died) and yet is (an evil copy of a resurrected person)". The world, imo, will be "astounded" because they will "recognize" him as someone that had once lived.

Why is he scarlet? Imo, he is stained with “the blood of the martyrs of Jesus” in union with the harlot (America) who will be “drunk on the blood of the martyrs”.

If this beast was the same as the first beast of Rev. 13, something is missing. We aren’t told of any of his horns having crowns as the he had. Regarding the seven heads read the OP of the America is Babylon topic. As for these two verses: Rev. 17:10-11 - “And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.”

I am in complete agreement with Saint in post #30 in the America is Babylon topic as to his identification of these “kings” until he gets to the last part. His quote: “The eighth which was and is not which belongs to the seventh is the last Islamic Caliphate which is today forming under Islam and the Islamic Brotherhood.”

The bible does not say he is of the seventh, it says he is of the seven. There is only one thing all these empires had in common and that was they at various times ruled over Jerusalem. The a/c will as well in his desire to fulfill the messiah role that Israel is still waiting for.

Back when I explained how the UN divided the world into ten sectors, as an example, they also divided the USA into ten sectors. So I believe, one of the ten sectors (not the USA) will also be divided into ten nations and this will be the one of which Israel will be a part of and he will take down three of the nations as prophesied in Dan. 7:8.

In closing, “that’s my story and I’m sticking to it“….for now. We all see through a “glass darkly” when it comes to prophecy and if you disagree, fine, just file it away in the back of your mind, as I do with those opinions I don’t agree with…just in case.

Richard

Sep 12, 2012
United States
www.ecodrycarpetcleaninglv.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You answer your own question, Trekson, but then you completely miss the correct answer: The Beast of Daniel 7 are, indeed, the same Beast of Revelation 13. It is just that Revelation gives the same set of Beast of the Book of Daniel in reverse order. Daniel speaks of "the first was like a lion (Babylon)...a second, like a bear (Medo-Persia)...the third like a leopard (Greece)...then the dreaded fourth beast who has "ten horns" is left unnamed throughout Scripture. John then writes in reverse order in Revelation 13: that the first beast he saw had the dreaded "ten horns" (13:1), the second was "like a leopard" (13:1), the third was "like a bear" (13:2) and the fourth was like "a lion" (13:2)...The answer to the puzzle is a simple one: Daniel was looking down through time at the "four beasts" or empires that would dominate the Holy Land throughout the coming ages. John, however, being "in the Spirit" (Rev. 1:10) was taken forward in time and, as a result, was at the end of time looking back over the four empires that would dominate the Holy Land.

The whole point of the exercise is to identify the dreaded Fourth Beast of the Book of Daniel, which is also the First Beast of the Book of Revelation. Because it is this Beast - this Empire - which will end up being The Kingdom of the Antichrist and will invade the modern state of Israel in the infamous "War of Gog and Magog" (Eze. 39, 39). This event will trigger Daniel's Seventieth Week and begin the final seven years of this age.

Now the key to identifying that particular Beast (Empire) is found in its description of "ten heads" or "kingdoms" that will make up the empire. To find that answer you must go to the Book of Ezekiel, chapter 38. There you will find the ancient names for these ten geographical areas. Once you have done that, simply take a modern map and overlay it onto your ancient map and you will find the ten geographical areas that will make up the dreaded Fourth Beast of the Book of Daniel, which is also the First Beast of the Book of Revelation.

Because the modern countries that now inhabit the same ten geographical areas of Ezekiel's prophecy all share one common trait - they are Islamic countries that belong to the Islamic Empire, you have just identified the dreaded Fourth Beast of the Book of Daniel and the first Beast of the Book of Revelation...

Richard Neal - author Kingdom of the Antichrist/The Rise of the Beast

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Richard, Thanks for your comments but I still disagree. Your words:"John then writes in reverse order in Revelation 13: that the first beast he saw had the dreaded "ten horns" (13:1), the second was "like a leopard" (13:1), the third was "like a bear" (13:2) and the fourth was like "a lion" (13:2)...

The whole point is that John did not see four beasts, he only saw one beast and that one beast did have parts of the beast of Daniel. This means it has some aspects of Daniel's beasts but all rolled into one, singular beast. So, John is not looking backwards in time, he is still looking forward to a future combination of nations that have the similarities I showed in the OP.

Now regarding Ez. 38 & 39, this should come as no surprise, but I view that differently as well. Ez. 38 is not speaking of a pre-millennial time. This is post millennial, the final war of Gog and Magog. There is absolutely no logic in considering this to be pre-millennial according to these verses. Ez. 38:8,11 - :vs. 8 - "After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety."
vs. 11 - "You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars."

Can you really see Israel fitting these descriptions? I can, but only after the millennium. There is just no way Israel will be described this way until they experience a significant amount of peace. Why do folks always ignore this verse which is the only other time in the bible that Gog and Magog are addressed together? Rev.20:7-8 - "When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison [sup]8 [/sup]and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore."

Also consider God's final judgment against them Ez. 38:22 and Rev. 20:9 sounds similar to me although Ez. adds a little more detail which imo is the same event spoken of by Peter in 1 Pet. 3:10

This, imo, is what Ez. 38 is talking about.

Ez. 39 can only be understood to mean the clean-up from Armageddon during the first seven years of the millennium.

I find it interesting that as few as 20 yrs. ago, no one gave serious consideration to Islam at all as a future threat even though all the prophetic scriptures speaking of Islam were still there. But since 9/11 everyone has jumped on the "Islam is the vehicle of anti-christ" bandwagon.

Here's where we agree. As stated in the OP, I believe the a/c will be head of a ten-nation sector of the new world division, geographically a combo of middle eastern nations, and that WW3 will occur probably with Islamic nations with the “Assyrian” at their head, but he will not be the Anti-Christ.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
This is a follow up to the America is Babylon post.

The bible does not say he is of the seventh, it says he is of the seven. There is only one thing all these empires had in common and that was they at various times ruled over Jerusalem. The a/c will as well in his desire to fulfill the messiah role that Israel is still waiting for.

Back when I explained how the UN divided the world into ten sectors, as an example, they also divided the USA into ten sectors. So I believe, one of the ten sectors (not the USA) will also be divided into ten nations and this will be the one of which Israel will be a part of and he will take down three of the nations as prophesied in Dan. 7:8.

In closing, “that’s my story and I’m sticking to it“….for now. We all see through a “glass darkly” when it comes to prophecy and if you disagree, fine, just file it away in the back of your mind, as I do with those opinions I don’t agree with…just in case.

You appear to be getting closer. But it seems you're not really up on the ideas of the "one world government" movement yet, and its workings throughout history.

In Rev.17:15, the "waters" our Lord Jesus defined there applies to that beast that comes up out of the "sea" per Rev.13:1, a world beast kingdom over all nations and peoples upon the earth.

The history of the "one world goverment" idea is the old Utopia idea of literary history. (Sir Thomas Moore wrote a work called Utopia in the 15th century; he was beheaded for treason; Plato's Republic was also a type of treatise on the idea of a one world government system, just not using that terminology; Sir Francis Bacon's New Atlantis also was a type). The U.N. system is the closest the movement has gotten so far, and is aligned with Tri-lateralism (a three-world union confederacy).

"In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single, global authority. National sovereignty wasn't such a great idea after all." -- Strobe Talbot, President Clinton's Deputy Secretary of State, as quoted in Time, July 20th, l992.

"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government." -- Henry Kissinger speaking at Evian, France, May 21, 1992 Bilderburgers meeting. Unbeknownst to Kissinger, his speech was taped

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Vet, We continue to disagree on this issue: In Rev.17:15, the "waters" our Lord Jesus defined there applies to that beast that comes up out of the "sea" per Rev.13:1, a world beast kingdom over all nations and peoples upon the earth.

You see it as enboldened and I see it as written. The waters are where the "whore sits", not the beast. Made up of "peoples, multitudes, nations and tongues", ( the melting pot that is America) not ruling over them. Not the same beast, imho.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Vet, We continue to disagree on this issue: In Rev.17:15, the "waters" our Lord Jesus defined there applies to that beast that comes up out of the "sea" per Rev.13:1, a world beast kingdom over all nations and peoples upon the earth.

You see it as enboldened and I see it as written. The waters are where the "whore sits", not the beast. Made up of "peoples, multitudes, nations and tongues", ( the melting pot that is America) not ruling over them. Not the same beast, imho.

I'm not concerned whether you understand it or not. I know in time you may, depending on who you chose to listen to.

The following Scripture creates a problem with your interpretation of the 'beasts' of our Lord's Revelation...

Rev 13:11-13
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
(KJV)

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Vet, Your words: The following Scripture creates a problem with your interpretation of the 'beasts' of our Lord's Revelation...

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
(KJV)

In what way? I covered this beast in the OP.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Vet, Your words: The following Scripture creates a problem with your interpretation of the 'beasts' of our Lord's Revelation...

(KJV)

In what way? I covered this beast in the OP.

"The dragon (satan) gives the beast, personified by the a/c, his power, seat and authority."

The KJV in Rev.13 can be misleading at times. At Rev.13:2 about the 'dragon' giving the beast its power, seat, and great authority, that specific "beast" being talked about there is still the ten horn, seven head, ten crown first beast 'kingdom' of Rev.13:1, the one coming up out of the sea. The KJV uses the pronoun "him" in that Rev.13:2 verse instead of 'its'. Greek 'autos' could just have easily have been translated to 'its' there instead of "him". So, the first beast given with a link to the Dan.7 beast kingdoms of history is not a person, nor "personified by the a/c". It's just a beast-order kingdom which the dragon is given power and authority over, just as God did the same with giving the pagan kings of Dan.7 power and authority over their kingdoms. This is why our Lord explained those 'waters' of that first beast kingdom in Rev.17:15 to mean nations, multitudes, tongues, and peoples. That order must also... flow into the beast symbols given in Rev.17, and not as a totally new type of symbol being given. Our Lord Jesus is simply giving us more... information about these same 'beasts' of Rev.13 within the Rev.17 Scripture.

"Now, let’s move on the beast of Rev. 17:3 - “So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.”

The beast of Rev. 17 which is, imo, completely different from either beast of Rev. 13, does come from the bottomless pit, however, imo, he is an evil reincarnation of "one that was (he lived), is not (he died) and yet is (an evil copy of a resurrected person)". The world, imo, will be "astounded" because they will "recognize" him as someone that had once lived."

That's how you are leaving the way our Lord was giving those beast symbols, with trying to treat their usage in Rev.17 as a completely separate subject.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah well, another topic we aren't going to agree on. Time will tell.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
The beast of revelation is a nation that claims to trust in god. And So the false prophet keeps telling it. For the right price of course.