Is The Rapture Theory Biblical?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
I'm new here, but not new in the words of God.
The Rapture Theory is one of the main stream that has many Christians that are now far from home. That's why I will talk to every believers to let's talk with an open minder. And let's or Jesus will be in the center.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture indicates that people will escape some pain and suffering, but people here and now are already very often in such pain and suffering. The only escape is in the Rest that God provides through Jesus. Does that mean escape from physical pain? I would think not. Consider what Stephen suffered as he was looking up to God. No rapture for him. Is God a respecter of persons?

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
The rapture indicates that people will escape some pain and suffering, but people here and now are already very often in such pain and suffering. The only escape is in the Rest that God provides through Jesus. Does that mean escape from physical pain? I would think not. Consider what Stephen suffered as he was looking up to God. No rapture for him. Is God a respecter of persons?
God words is yes and amen. Remember what Jesus says in John 14:1-3. And keep it in your heart.

Reactions: amadeus

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm new here, but not new in the words of God.
The Rapture Theory is one of the main stream that has many Christians that are now far from home. That's why I will talk to every believers to let's talk with an open minder. And let's or Jesus will be in the center.

Let me ask you this. Do you believe you will be here during the following?

(Revelation 16:7-9) "And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments. {8} And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. {9} And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory."

(Revelation 16:21) "And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great."

Would a God you believe loves you just leave you here to suffer this fate??? This is why the Resurrection is described as a meeting in the sky, because you will not want to be here on earth when God pours out his wrath without prejudice.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, the rapture is not correct teaching.

Reactions: Willie T

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Let me ask you this. Do you believe you will be here during the following?

Would a God you believe loves you just leave you here to suffer this fate??? This is why the Resurrection is described as a meeting in the sky, because you will not want to be here on earth when God pours out his wrath without prejudice.
Let me answers you with this.Revelation 12:17 and 14:12. Who are those persons, and why Jesus must give this warning and we are not here? Revelation 18:4.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me answers you with this.Revelation 12:17 and 14:12. Who are those persons, and why Jesus must give this warning and we are not here? Revelation 18:4.

Rev 12:17 speaks of Israel during the Great Tribulation. The saints are clearly still here at this point. As for Rev 14:12, the verses before and after clears the air, this goes for Rev 18:4 as well.

(Revelation 14:13) "And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them."

Earth is the sea of glass:

(Revelation 14:17-18) "And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle. {18} And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe."

(Revelation 15:2-3) "And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. {3} And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints."

We won't be on the earth at this point, we will be standing on it in victory, singing and having a good time. ;)

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
I will ask you a question. Who is the person who invented the rapture theory? And tell me what about his foundation. Do you know you root of your believing? If you don't know let me known.

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will ask you a question. Who is the person who invented the rapture theory? And tell me what about his foundation. Do you know you root of your believing? If you don't know let me known.

The only person I know that "invented" the rapture "theory" is Jesus Christ, which means it is not a "theory" at all. I don't know of some guy you or anyone else may claim allegedly "made it up" out of thin air, and I really don't care. The word of God is quite clear all on its own on what actually occurs. I don't need some other guy to tell me what is plainly stated. Its really not hard to understand. Earth is the sea, and the sea is exactly the thing you will be taken out of before the seven vials judgement. Here, let Gods word speak for itself, and let all men stand as liars.

(Revelation 13:1) "And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy."

(Revelation 14:17-19) "And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle. {18} And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe. {19} And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God."

(Revelation 15:1-3) "And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. {2} And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. {3} And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints."

(Revelation 17:15) "And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues."

(Revelation 20:12-15) "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. {13} And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. {14} And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. {15} And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
So, you are telling me that your faith of the rapture theory is that you accept a teaching and you don't where it come from. You just saw it in the movie and believed in this movie story. Then my friend I'm waiting for your pastors. Someone who can tell me, that believed in the rapture theory.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you are telling me that your faith of the rapture theory is that you accept a teaching and you don't where it come from. You just saw it in the movie and believed in this movie story. Then my friend I'm waiting for your pastors. Someone who can tell me, that believed in the rapture theory.

I know exactly where it came from, the Bible. I don't know where you got that I said anything about movies. I guess you just see and hear what you want to see and hear.

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
The only person I know that "invented" the rapture "theory" is Jesus Christ, which means it is not a "theory" at all. I don't know of some guy you or anyone else may claim allegedly "made it up" out of thin air, and I really don't care. The word of God is quite clear all on its own on what actually occurs. I don't need some other guy to tell me what is plainly stated. Its really not hard to understand. Earth is the sea, and the sea is exactly the thing you will be taken out of before the seven vials judgement. Here, let Gods word speak for itself, and let all men stand as liars.
The earth is not the sea. Sea in symbolic language means people's. Multitude of people.

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
I know exactly where it came from, the Bible. I don't know where you got that I said anything about movies. I guess you just see and hear what you want to see and hear.
My friend who is the foundation of your teaching, if you don't know ask your teachers for me.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dispensational eschatology and the rapture doctrine has been around for 200 years. The doctrine is built on verses without context and moving them into our time frame and so, the temple will have to be rebuilt for a physical return of Jesus. If Jesus lives in you but is physically somewhere else, then what?

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Jesus is not a SPIRIT and when He rose up from DEAD, He has the same flesh. But this time He can not die anymore. Dead have no power on Jesus. Jesus is now in heaven next His Father. And by His SPIRIT The (Holy Spirit) He is in us. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father and His Son Jesus. Their power, MIND/BREATH.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earth is not the sea. Sea in symbolic language means people's. Multitude of people.

Which is symbolic of earth, where those "peoples", "nations", and "tongues" reside. You can dance around this simple fact all you wish. I don't care, your mind was already made up before you got here.

My friend who is the foundation of your teaching, if you don't know ask your teachers for me.

:rolleyes:...........Jesus Christ is the foundation of my teaching, I know of no other.

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Which is symbolic of earth, where those "peoples", "nations", and "tongues" reside. You can dance around this simple fact all you wish. I don't care, your mind was already made up before you got here.

:rolleyes:...........Jesus Christ is the foundation of my teaching, I know of no other.
If Jesus is your foundation then let the Bible guide you. Because never the apostles has use the words you used secret rapture. They didn't twist their scriptures. Go read Galatians 1:1-10... maybe you can understand the truth. If you find a verse saying the words secret rapture let me known, maybe I'm blind!! Give God what is God, And give the secret rapture that is not written in the Bible to his owner.