The fig tree Generation=Will Not Die Before the Rapture!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fig tree generation is the generation that will not die till all things prophesied in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 be fulfilled. We are that generation.

Mt 24:32-34: Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and puts forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh. So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

It is the generation that will not die till they see the rapture, Jesus Christ coming in the clouds with a great army.

Fig tree in the Bible represents the Nation of Israel.

Hosea 9:10: I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness; I saw your fathers as the first ripe in the fig tree at her first time

Jesus often used the fig tree when talking about about Israel. In His life on the world,

The fig tree (the nation of Israel) was to be barren, cursed and replanted and was may 15, 1948 and will have their 70th birthday next month.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It seems that the poor translation of the Greek into English is leading many astray.

The Matt 24;32 verse tells us approximately when after the re-establishment of the nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan, the final age would begin. From this verse we know that around 91-98 years after 1948 that the Millennium Age will begin. Then in verse 34, we are then told that this age will not pass away until all these things are fulfilled. Now an age is around 1020 to 1030 years long and during the firs 1000 years of this age, Satan is couped up in the Bottomless Pit unable to interact with the people of the nations until he is released once more.

The Greek word "genea" we are told by Strong is better understood to have the meaning of an age.

Seems like to me that there are some time gaps in peoples understanding that need plugging.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
1948 almost surely has nothing to do with the nation of Israel in Scripture, but i do like the analogy bc it gives a virtual deadline for those who imagine "Rapture" with a capital r

Reactions: ScottA

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1948 almost surely has nothing to do with the nation of Israel in Scripture, but i do like the analogy bc it gives a virtual deadline for those who imagine "Rapture" with a capital r

1948 certainly has everything to do with the nation of Israel. The actual year is not foretold to us but the span of time of when Israel would return to the land of Canaan was certainly indicated by God when he prophesied to Abraham in Genesis 15:16 that his future descendants would return to this land in which he was now living in their fourth generation/age of existence. From my understanding of the chronology of the Old Testament Abraham's son, Isaac, was the first descendant generation of God's promise of a son to Abraham through Sarah. Jacob, Isaac's son, was the second descendant generation of Abraham, Judah, Jacob's fourth son with Leah, was the third descendant generation of Abraham. Perez, Judah's son with Tamar, was Abraham's fourth descendant generation of Abraham. Perez's son, Hezron, was a fifth descendant generation of Abraham.

The sons of Israel who travelled down to Egypt, to confirm the above statement are: - Gen 46:12: - The sons of Judah were Er, Onan, Shelah, Perez, and Zerah (but Er and Onan died in the land of Canaan). The sons of Perez were Hezron and Hamul.

Another Biblical passage that confirms the above is found in Matthew: - Matt 1:2-3: - 2 Abraham was the father of Isaac, {1st descend generation}, and Isaac the father of Jacob, {a 2nd descendant generation} and Jacob the father of Judah {a 3rd descendant generation} and his brothers, 3 and Judah the father of Perez {a 4th descendant generation}, and Zerah by Tamar, and Perez the father of Hezron, {a 5th descendant generation}, and Hezron the father of Ram, {a 6th descendant generation}.

Now considering Genesis 15:16a where it tells us the following,

Genesis 15:16: - But in the fourth generation they shall return here, for/{when/while} the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete.

and in the LXX version

Genesis 15:16: - Τετάρτῃ δὲ γενεᾷ ἀποστραφήσονται ὧδε· οὔπω γὰρ ἀναπεπλήρωνται αἱ ἁμαρτίαι τῶν Ἀμοῤῥαίων ἕως τοῦ νῦν.

Now in considering the Greek text of Matthew 24:34 we have: -

Matthew 24 34: - ἀμὴν λέγω ὑμῖν ὅτι οὐ μὴ παρέλθῃ ἡ γενεὰ αὕτη ἕως ἂν πάντα ταῦτα γένηται

Notice that the Greek word usually wrongly translated/understood as "{descendant} generation" does not fit in the case of Genesis 15:16.

Abraham's descendant did not return to the land, during the life time of Abraham's fourth descendant generation except to bury Jacob in the Cave purchased by Abraham at Hebron. In fact the Biblical account tells us that they only fleetingly visited the land of Canaan to bury their father Jacob, before returning to Egypt. In fact, scripture tells us that there were ten descendant generation born in Egypt before God acted to release the nation of Israel from being slaves in Egypt when they crossed the Red Sea, and then another descendant generation was born to Israel while they languished for 40 years in the desert waiting for the rebellious descendent generation to die before they crossed the Jordan River to re-enter the Land of Canaan.

First Descendent Generation born in Egypt:

Genesis 41:50-52: - 50 And to Joseph were born two sons before the years of famine came, whom Asenath, the daughter of Poti-Pherah priest of On, bore to him. 51 Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: "For God has made me forget all my toil and all my father's house." 52 And the name of the second he called Ephraim: "For God has caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction."

Ephraim’s descendent generation born after Jacob went down to Egypt: -

1 Chronicles 7:20-27: The Family of Ephraim

20 The sons of Ephraim were: -Shuthelah, Bered his son, Tahath his son, Eladah his son, Tahath his son, 21 Zabad his son, Shuthelah his son, and Ezer and Elead. The men of Gath who were born in that land killed them because they came down to take away their cattle. 22 Then Ephraim their father mourned many days, and his brethren came to comfort him.

23 And when he went into his wife, she conceived and bore a son; and he called his name
Beriah, {1st descendant generation} . . . 25 and
Rephah, {2nd descendant generation}, was his son, as well as Resheph, and
Telah, {3rd descendant generation}, his son,
Tahan, {4th descendant generation}, his son,
26 Laadan, {5th descendant generation}, his son,
Ammihud, {6th descendant generation}, his son,
Elishama, {7th descendant generation}, his son,
27 Nun, {8th descendant generation}, his son, and
Joshua, {9th descendant generation}, his son.

This gives a total of ten generation born in Egypt who were descendants of Jacob, i.e. Ephraim and his nine-descendent generation.

I believe that the above scriptural information puts to bed that the Greek word γενεᾷ or γενεὰ respectifully in Genesis 15:16 and Matthew 24:34 is speaking of a descendent generation of maybe around 40 or so years.

With this being the case, Genesis 15:16 cannot also be linked to the Genesis 15:13-14: -

Genesis 15:13-14: - 13 Then He said to Abram: "Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. 14 And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions.

In fact, in Genesis 15:16 God makes no mention of His intent to help the descendants of Abraham to return to the land. With this being the case, we can state that the descendants of Abraham in 1948 return to the Land of Canaan in their own strength and power, without the help of God at all.

Now by my reckoning of the Old Testament, it is my understanding that Isaac was born in the year 2052 B.C. and if we add to that the year 1948 AD, then 4,000 years separate the Birth of Isaac from the return of Abraham's descendants in 1948. So if consider the Genesis 15:16 verse, it is my view that it tells us that, "during the fourth generation, your descendants will return to this land," which seems to me indicates that a generation is slightly longer than 1,000 years in duration. If we go to the Hebrew word that has been translated as "generation" in Genesis 16:16, it is וְד֥וֹר or wə·ḏō·w which the Strong definition suggests the following understanding: -

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: - age, evermore, generation, never, posterity - Or (shortened) dor {dore}; from duwr; properly, a revolution of time, i.e. An age or generation; also a dwelling -- age, X evermore, generation, (n-)ever, posterity.

With this in mind, I would suggest, that as I have previously posted, that Matthew 24:34 is referencing a time period of over 1,000 years in this verse, and if Matthew 24:32 is pointing to the beginning of the next age to follow, i.e. the budding of the fig tree, and the span of time to when the Summer Harvest Season/age begins, then the "age" most likely be being referred to in Matt 24:34 is the Millennium Age.

I trust that the above helps, with people's understanding of Matthew 24:34.

Shalom

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that the poor translation of the Greek into English is leading many astray.

The Matt 24;32 verse tells us approximately when after the re-establishment of the nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan, the final age would begin. From this verse we know that around 91-98 years after 1948 that the Millennium Age will begin. Then in verse 34, we are then told that this age will not pass away until all these things are fulfilled. Now an age is around 1020 to 1030 years long and during the firs 1000 years of this age, Satan is couped up in the Bottomless Pit unable to interact with the people of the nations until he is released once more.

The Greek word "genea" we are told by Strong is better understood to have the meaning of an age.

Seems like to me that there are some time gaps in peoples understanding that need plugging.

The Greek word genea in Matt.24:34 translated to "generation" by the KJV translators, is about a generation of people, a time or era of a people born at a certain time, not periods of a thousand years, but periods of how long a people born at a certain time lives, like my parent's or my grandparent's generation. So if anyone here has done the mistranslating, it is you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24:33-34
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

KJV

That Scripture is simple. It's the doctrines of men that try to change its simple meaning as written there, for preterist and historicist ideas try to say that Scripture was fulfilled in the Apostle's days when it was not.

What Jesus showed there is simple - He was speaking that to the final generation on earth. How can we know that?

It's because seeing "all these things" means seeing all those signs He gave in His Olivet Discourse. The last sign He gave there was His 2nd coming and gathering of His saints, His Church, which is still future to us today.

So it's easy to know what generation or era of peoples He meant that Discourse for, i.e., those living at the time of His second coming.

The Pre-trib Rapture folks say that Scripture isn't meant for Christ's Church.
The Preterists say that Scripture was fulfilled in 70 A.D. when Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans.
The Historicists say that Scripture was fulfilled in 70 A.D. also.

But neither of those 3 schools of men's doctrines like to talk about the last sign Jesus gave there in His Olivet Discourse of Matt.24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. And that last sign Jesus gave there reveals the generation that would see all those things, i.e., the final generation on earth that will see His 2nd coming in the clouds.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Davy

You are so right, the meaning is simple, but men, some years after the first advent, have complicated the intended meaning because of their inability to comprehend what Christ was saying. Now if you had read my post, you would have seen the thrust of my argument and known that I would have agreed with the last sentence of your post #6 above. The only difference is our understanding of the actual length of the generation/age.

Shalom

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
1948 certainly has everything to do with the nation of Israel. The actual year is not foretold to us but the span of time of when Israel would return to the land of Canaan
imo a concept of Israel--believers; or followers at least--as a nation, has been counterfeited into an apartheid country called Israel that God does not recognize. And fig tree fits with the symbology perfectly. Although it would in your perspective too i guess

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
imo a concept of Israel--believers; or followers at least--as a nation, has been counterfeited into an apartheid country called Israel that God does not recognize. And fig tree fits with the symbology perfectly. Although it would in your perspective too i guess

The thing is that Israel, i.e. members of Abraham's descendants, want to get back into covenant relationship with God, but on their terms, not God's terms. That is why there is no early fruit mentioned in this one verse parable, Matt 24:32.

An understanding of the prophetic word found here in Daniel 11 also needs to be considered in conjunction with the Matthew 24 End Time prophecies that Jesus provided.

Daniel 11:20-39: - 20 "There shall arise in his place one who imposes taxes on the glorious kingdom; but within a few days he shall be destroyed, but not in anger or in battle. 21 And in his place shall arise a vile person, to whom they will not give the honor of royalty; but he shall come in peaceably, and seize the kingdom by intrigue. 22 With the force of a flood they shall be swept away from before him and be broken, and also the prince of the covenant. 23 And after the league is made with him he shall act deceitfully, for he shall come up and become strong with a small number of people. 24 He shall enter peaceably, even into the richest places of the province; and he shall do what his fathers have not done, nor his forefathers: he shall disperse among them the plunder, spoil, and riches; and he shall devise his plans against the strongholds, but only for a time.

25 "He shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the South with a great army. And the king of the South shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he shall not stand, for they shall devise plans against him. 26 Yes, those who eat of the portion of his delicacies shall destroy him; his army shall be swept away, and many shall fall down slain. 27 Both these kings' hearts shall be bent on evil, and they shall speak lies at the same table; but it shall not prosper, for the end will still be at the appointed time. 28 While returning to his land with great riches, his heart shall be moved against the holy covenant; so he shall do damage and return to his own land.

The Northern King's Blasphemies

29 "At the appointed time he shall return and go toward the south; but it shall not be like the former or the latter. 30 For ships from Cyprus shall come against him; therefore he shall be grieved, and return in rage against the holy covenant, and do damage.

"So he shall return and show regard for those who forsake the holy covenant. 31 And forces shall be mustered by him, and they shall defile the sanctuary fortress; then they shall take away the daily sacrifices, and place there the abomination of desolation. 32 Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits. 33 And those of the people who understand shall instruct many; yet for many days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering. 34 Now when they fall, they shall be aided with a little help; but many shall join with them by intrigue. 35 And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time.

36 "Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done. 37 He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all. 38 But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things. 39 Thus he shall act against the strongest fortresses with a foreign god, which he shall acknowledge, and advance its glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and divide the land for gain.

We should also note that Jesus also told the parable of the Fig tree in a man's garden and how he inspected the Fig tee for fruit after each season had passed and that after his third visit, the owner of the garden wanted to cut down the fig tree and remove it from his garden, but the man who was tending the garden asked for another season in which to take care and nourish the fig tree and if after the end of the fourth season the fig tree did not bear any fruit, then the fig tree can be cut down. (Luke 13:6-9) How long is a season? It is the revolution of time, i.e. an age in this parable.

But we already know the outcome for the fig tree, as else where we are told that God will make like new again his covenant of a Kingdom of Priests and a Holy nation and His Possession among the nation which they had rebelled against at Mt Sinai while Moses was up on the mountain for 40 days with God.

This is only hinted at in the Matthew 24-25 chapters and it is this era/age that verse Matt 23:34 is referencing.

@Davy had it right when he wrote in his post above the following: - "So it's easy to know what generation or era of peoples He meant that Discourse for, . . ", with that era of peoples being the era of the Millennium Age, when the nation of Israel will become as a Kingdom of priests in covenant relationship with God to minister to all the people of the Nations around where God has planted them in fertile soil all over the earth. His gathering of the nation of Israel to receive their inheritance does not happen until after the time of the GWTJ.

The Jewish desire to presently establish a Nation in the Land where their inheritance will be given to them is premature at this present time and is to some extent working at cross purposes to what is God's heart for all of the Nations/people groups of the earth, however it does further God's purposes in that the nation of Israel is a magnet for the kings of the earth to be drawn to the Valley of decisions, i.e. Armageddon, with the intent of entering Jerusalem to continue the trampling of the Sanctuary of God towards the very end of the 2,300 year time span given in Daniel 8:14.

Paul in Romans 11:25-26 also tells us that it is after the fulfilment of this 2,300 year period of trampling the Sanctuary of the Temple of God in Jerusalem, that all of Israel will be saved.

Enough for the present.

Shalom

Reactions: bbyrd009

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very soo the lion will lie down with the lamb. We are living in the last days of the last days and right now Satan knows his time is very short and he is filled with great anger and attacks those that are unaware!
we as Christians know the last chapter of God's Word and we know that ib just a short time we will witness the King of Kings stand upon the holy mountain and take Satan captive and imprison him for 1000 years.

At which time we who are His children, will rein with him in Jerusalem and he heal the world of all its hurt and the lion shall lie down with the lamb for the millennia. PTL.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Very soo the lion will lie down with the lamb. We are living in the last days of the last days and right now Satan knows his time is very short and he is filled with great anger and attacks those that are unaware!
we as Christians know the last chapter of God's Word and we know that in just a short time we will witness the King of Kings stand upon the holy mountain and take Satan captive and imprison him for 1000 years.

At which time we who are His children, will rein with him in Jerusalem and he heal the world of all its hurt and the lion shall lie down with the lamb for the millennia. PTL.

Perhaps you may like to justify your synopsis in your above post with scriptural references as it bears no resemblance to what I understand will happen in our near future as recorded in scripture. Your statement that Jesus will take Satan captive and imprison him for 1000 years does not line up with what we are told in Revelation 20:1-3: -

Revelation 20:1-3: - 20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He {that is the angel} laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

It seems to me that you are repeating a fantasy story that has been put together which bears no resemblance with scripture at all.

The delusion may be real to you, but why have you wrapped up the lie(s) that you are telling with a little truth to make it sound plausible.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat_3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy

You are so right, the meaning is simple, but men, some years after the first advent, have complicated the intended meaning because of their inability to comprehend what Christ was saying. Now if you had read my post, you would have seen the thrust of my argument and known that I would have agreed with the last sentence of your post #6 above. The only difference is our understanding of the actual length of the generation/age.

Shalom

It's impossible for the generation Jesus pointed to being any other than the final one that will see His 2nd coming. When He spoke of seeing "all these things", He was speaking of the signs He gave in that chapter, all of them. And He said the generation would not pass until they saw all... those things. That has a specific meaning. It means those signs cannot be spread out over a 2,000+ period. They all come to pass in the final generation on earth that will see His 2nd coming. And His 2nd coming has not happened yet. I see the matter as very simple when one stays with what He said instead of trying to insert a doctrine of man into it with saying those signs happened in 70 A.D.

Furthermore, in your post #9 where you spoke of me, I do NOT hold to any idea of the gathering by Jesus of Israel to their inheritences is after the Rev.20 Millennium.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's impossible for the generation Jesus pointed to being any other than the final one that will see His 2nd coming. When He spoke of seeing "all these things", He was speaking of the signs He gave in that chapter, all of them. And He said the generation would not pass until they saw all... those things. That has a specific meaning. It means those signs cannot be spread out over a 2,000+ period. They all come to pass in the final generation on earth that will see His 2nd coming. And His 2nd coming has not happened yet. I see the matter as very simple when one stays with what He said instead of trying to insert a doctrine of man into it with saying those signs happened in 70 A.D.

Furthermore, in your post #9 where you spoke of me, I do NOT hold to any idea of the gathering by Jesus of Israel to their inheritences is after the Rev.20 Millennium.

Davy, where, in my posts, have I stated that the signs of Matthew 24 happened in 70 AD. It would seem to me that you are the one who is inserting a doctrine of man into what I have said. It also seems to me that you have also not understood what I had written in post #9 above, because I carefully only quoted 16 words out of one of your posts, and then highlighted the portion of that quote, which I was directly referencing. The rest of that paragraph then went on to expand on the points I was making. I had only pointed out that you had used the idiom/expression of an "era of people" which points to a much wider spectrum of time that the limited time span that is associated with a "descendant" generation, which is what you want to suggest.

Now in post #4 above, I also explained how the Greek word "genea" is best understood to have the meaning of an "age" rather than a "descendant generation" which is the form of the understanding that you want to adhere too.

Have a good day, now Davy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, where, in my posts, have I stated that the signs of Matthew 24 happened in 70 AD. It would seem to me that you are the one who is inserting a doctrine of man into what I have said. It also seems to me that you have also not understood what I had written in post #9 above, because I carefully only quoted 16 words out of one of your posts, and then highlighted the portion of that quote, which I was directly referencing. The rest of that paragraph then went on to expand on the points I was making. I had only pointed out that you had used the idiom/expression of an "era of people" which points to a much wider spectrum of time that the limited time span that is associated with a "descendant" generation, which is what you want to suggest.

Now in post #4 above, I also explained how the Greek word "genea" is best understood to have the meaning of an "age" rather than a "descendant generation" which is the form of the understanding that you want to adhere too.

Have a good day, now Davy

You're right about the 70 A.D. bit. My bad, I apologize about that.

But this you wrote I can't agree with:

Ross:
"This is only hinted at in the Matthew 24-25 chapters and it is this era/age that verse Matt 23:34 is referencing.

@Davy had it right when he wrote in his post above the following: - "So it's easy to know what generation or era of peoples He meant that Discourse for, . . ", with that era of peoples being the era of the Millennium Age, when the nation of Israel will become as a Kingdom of priests in covenant relationship with God to minister to all the people of the Nations around where God has planted them in fertile soil all over the earth. His gathering of the nation of Israel to receive their inheritance does not happen until after the time of the GWTJ."

You appear to be pointing to the time during or after Christ's "thousand years" reign of Rev.20 with that "era of peoples being the era of the Millennium Age" idea. I never pointed to a generation for that future time when talking about the 'generation' of Matt.24:33-34. And I never pointed to the nation of Israel in that either like you have above. So what you've actually done, is you misquoted me.

In Christ's Olivet Discourse of Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21, Jesus was speaking to His Church, not to His disciples there with Him only, but especially to the last generation of THIS PRESENT WORLD that will see His return. There is no requirement that that generation has to just mean Jews or the nation of Israel. He was speaking that to His saints, and the saints in Christ Jesus mean both believing Israelite and believing Gentile as one body, like Apostle Paul taught. And those signs are for the ending of this world, not the ending of the future Millennium.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Davy

I did quoted you where you mentioned "era of peoples" and I said that you had got it right when you had used that phrase. Then I expanded on that theme of an era by stating that that era would be for the whole of the Millennium Age. In no way did I imply that what I wrote after quoting your words, that what I was writing about what you thought. People are smart enough to be able to discern where your words finished in what I wrote and where my words started.

I then went on to point out that, "the Nation of Israel will become as a kingdom of priests in a covenant relationship with God to all the people of the nations around where God as planted them in fertile soil all over the earth," which seems to be rather a new concept for you. You then claim that I was indicating that the "generation has to just mean Jews or the nation of Israel," to be the only generational people present for when Christ will return in all of His Glory, which I made no mention of or reference to in my post

Now, can you point to a scriptural passage that clearly states/shows that Christ will be returning to the earth to rule the earth, in our near future, during the Millennium age, and that He will be only residing on the earth during the Millennium Age? Revelation 20 seems to me to be pointing to the fact that Christ will be our High Priest in Heaven during most of the Millennium Age era.

Davy, you are trying to discredit my posts using false arguments and claims. If I can see you doing this, then the other readers of this forum will also be able to see you doing this . It is so sad that you are resorting to this type of argument to bolster your argument of the only one who is right.

Now Davy, if you are willing to clearly show scripture that proves that my understanding of the scriptures is wrong then I will be the first one to acknowledge that I was in error and apologise to the wider community for my error in my posts.

Have a Good day now.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy

I did quoted you where you mentioned "era of peoples" and I said that you had got it right when you had used that phrase. Then I expanded on that theme of an era by stating that that era would be for the whole of the Millennium Age. In no way did I imply that what I wrote after quoting your words, that what I was writing about what you thought. People are smart enough to be able to discern where your words finished in what I wrote and where my words started.

You linked YOUR ideas with a quote from me, ideas that I don't agree with and that I never said. That is to twist my words. That is what you are guilty of doing.

I then went on to point out that, "the Nation of Israel will become as a kingdom of priests in a covenant relationship with God to all the people of the nations around where God as planted them in fertile soil all over the earth," which seems to be rather a new concept for you. You then claim that I was indicating that the "generation has to just mean Jews or the nation of Israel," to be the only generational people present for when Christ will return in all of His Glory, which I made no mention of or reference to in my post

You're doing it again with, "which seems to be rather a new concept for you." I never had any discussion with you about such things as that. So by that statement, you bear false witness. Already it means you are not to be trusted.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fig tree generation is the generation that will not die till all things prophesied in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 be fulfilled. We are that generation.

Mt 24:32-34: Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and puts forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh. So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
No... Jesus identified that generation as that "wicked generation" of that very time when He spoke it and when they rejected Him.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24:33-34
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

KJV

That Scripture is simple. It's the doctrines of men that try to change its simple meaning as written there, for preterist and historicist ideas try to say that Scripture was fulfilled in the Apostle's days when it was not.

What Jesus showed there is simple - He was speaking that to the final generation on earth. How can we know that?

It's because seeing "all these things" means seeing all those signs He gave in His Olivet Discourse. The last sign He gave there was His 2nd coming and gathering of His saints, His Church, which is still future to us today.

So it's easy to know what generation or era of peoples He meant that Discourse for, i.e., those living at the time of His second coming.

The Pre-trib Rapture folks say that Scripture isn't meant for Christ's Church.
The Preterists say that Scripture was fulfilled in 70 A.D. when Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans.
The Historicists say that Scripture was fulfilled in 70 A.D. also.

But neither of those 3 schools of men's doctrines like to talk about the last sign Jesus gave there in His Olivet Discourse of Matt.24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. And that last sign Jesus gave there reveals the generation that would see all those things, i.e., the final generation on earth that will see His 2nd coming in the clouds.
This is the word from those who have not seen Him coming in the clouds.

But if you only believe those who do not see Him who said "The kingdom of God does not come with observation" and "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit” - you believe in something other than Christ.

You who make such claims without authority - what did you expect to see?

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009