When He Returns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So often there is friction on these boards, and, well, that's par for the course, I suppose. I accept that just as I accept that we are to contend for the faith.
But don't you all just wish, sometimes, that all doctrines, and disagreements all just all of that would just...go away!
What do we long for in our walk with God? If we could just dismiss all the humanity and sin that got in the way, what do we hope for, in the bottom of our soul, that perfection in God would look like...in our relationships with people, and with God?
I long for the day of my Saviors return! Not because I hate this life, although there is plenty in it that is hard, as I'm sure all of us could agree to. No...I just want to see him. I want to see what this world could BE without sin...
To be able to be out in my garden without worrying about weeds, water, becoming tired, bugs, disease...!
To have an end to the tearing horrors we see on the news.
To have friendships blossom into what we have a sneaking suspicion they could be, but just aren't quite, yet.
To enjoy the labor of the day without any hardship, knowing that it's all for the glory of God and in companionship of our brothers and sisters.
How can we not long for this?
What does everyone hope for when that day comes?

B

brakelite

So often there is friction on these boards, and, well, that's par for the course, I suppose. I accept that just as I accept that we are to contend for the faith.
But don't you all just wish, sometimes, that all doctrines, and disagreements all just all of that would just...go away!
What do we long for in our walk with God? If we could just dismiss all the humanity and sin that got in the way, what do we hope for, in the bottom of our soul, that perfection in God would look like...in our relationships with people, and with God?
I long for the day of my Saviors return! Not because I hate this life, although there is plenty in it that is hard, as I'm sure all of us could agree to. No...I just want to see him. I want to see what this world could BE without sin...
To be able to be out in my garden without worrying about weeds, water, becoming tired, bugs, disease...!
To have friendships blossom into what we have a sneaking suspicion they could be, but just aren't quite, yet.
To enjoy the labor of the day without any hardship, knowing that it's all for the glory of God and in companionship of our brothers and sisters.
Some may suggest we can have that now and that any hope of a second coming of Jesus is a false hope. But I'm with you sis. I love this life, but every day that passes brings us closer to seeing our Saviour in person and the destruction of all that offends and brings pain and suffering, yet for now, we can take joy in our preparation, joy in even the most minor part we may have in influencing others to come to Christ and persevere in faith, and take a hold of the same hope we have. Good post Naomi.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Lord is waiting for us to get it together. He has provided us with all the requirements for unity...but we are not looking to Him.

Jesus is coming back for a Bride that is without spot or wrinkle. We need to attract Jesus back to Earth. When we become a functioning Body...the Head will come down to us.

So then we should be concentrating on bringing the Lord back....by our loving conduct towards each other.

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord is waiting for us to get it together. He has provided us with all the requirements for unity...but we are not looking to Him.

Jesus is coming back for a Bride that is without spot or wrinkle. We need to attract Jesus back to Earth. When we become a functioning Body...the Head will come down to us.

So then we should be concentrating on bringing the Lord back....by our loving conduct towards each other.

Surrender to Me for I have surrendered to you...

Reactions: Mayflower

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Maybe for me it is a selfish thing , because of my age and the state of the poor world as I look at it...what hope do the next generation have...
I often find myself saying to the Lord... " Oh Lord is it not time to just roll up the carpet now?" :)

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WELL SAID! Choked me up, Hope for thing's not seen yet! Be Blessed

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe for me it is a selfish thing , because of my age and the state of the poor world as I look at it...what hope do the next generation have...
I often find myself saying to the Lord... " Oh Lord is it not time to just roll up the carpet now?" :)

The Time is coming when we will be needed to have answer's for a Multitude of Soul's, The end time Saints are uncountable according to the Word! Like the sand's of the Sea Shore! I believe God will pour out His Spirit on all Mankind, and only the truly Wicked will Quench His Spirit!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Time is coming when we will be needed to have answer's for a Multitude of Soul's, The end time Saints are uncountable according to the Word! Like the sand's of the Sea Shore! I believe God will pour out His Spirit on all Mankind, and only the truly Wicked will Quench His Spirit!

You are "On a roll" today... :)
....well said

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, there will be universal righteousness on earth after Christ's second coming and the establishment of His Kingdom on earth. But the saints within the Church will not dwell on the earth. They will live and reign with Christ, but their eternal home will be the New Jerusalem. And that is another dimension altogether.

Reactions: Mayflower

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are "On a roll" today... :)
....well said

I believe just being on this Forum, and relating with a good number of you folk's has restarted a greater desire in my Faith, Just praying for people has renewed a dismal prayer life! I give God the Glory, but I also am grateful for folk's like yourself, Willie T, Triumph 1300, Nancy, bbyrd 009, aspen, rollo, FH ll, Amadeous! and some other's that there stage name slip's from my mind!
Thought provoker's, good humor, some people choke me up with their statement's in a good way! Probably because it is truth, and it hit's home!

The best part is that overall this Forum is a blessing to me and I hope for other's also, Thank You All!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe just being on this Forum, and relating with a good number of you folk's has restarted a greater desire in my Faith, Just praying for people has renewed a dismal prayer life! I give God the Glory, but I also am grateful for folk's like yourself, Willie T, Triumph 1300, Nancy, bbyrd 009, aspen, rollo, FH ll, Amadeous! and some other's that there stage name slip's from my mind!
Thought provoker's, good humor, some people choke me up with their statement's in a good way! Probably because it is truth, and it hit's home!

The best part is that overall this Forum is a blessing to me and I hope for other's also, Thank You All!

Amen and I agree.
Like you mentioned in a different thread...I too come on here and 'look for' certain people and hope that they have posted.

The Site has it's good days and bad days when the negatives outweigh the positives, but if we wait long enough then the pendulum swings back the other way again and we get encouraged :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"I believe just being on this Forum, and relating with a good number of you folk's has restarted a greater desire in my Faith, Just praying for people has renewed a dismal prayer life!" You have said here, the exact experience that I now find myself in, from this board! My prayer life has come back to life! My faith is being exercised and I am learning many things I never knew/realized before. We are family here, we need each other-"do not forsake the gathering of the brethren." We are all connected in Spirit, online or in the flesh (in person) Many of you, including all you mentioned above @Truth-including yourself have blessed me many times over on here and, I have grown close in Spirit with so many here. God be ALL the Glory ♥

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To grow in Christ such that I become a humble servant of the Living God.

Not a servant who believes that we have to force God's hand to get what we have been promised, earlier.

Shalom