Blood Moon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No manuscript has the word "red" in that verse.

Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Blood can be red, but also multiple other colors including black. Dark sun means it's black and proves a dark/black moon which is the color of blood.

My translation. NLT. I think that’s where I grabbed it from.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just means the moon will appear red.

It can't appear as any visible color if the sun is dark. The moon will be the same as the sun. A red moon is only possible if the sun is shining.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It represents tribulation . if we read the old test we often see where God used the same language
through the prophets . It represents blood shed and persecutions .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can't appear as any visible color if the sun is dark. The moon will be the same as the sun. A red moon is only possible if the sun is shining.

but the suns light is diminished by a third in that verse and the moons light is diminished by a third. It would take a tremendous amount of clouds or dust to do that, but when God does it, it would be the reddest blood red moon in history.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No manuscript has the word "red" in that verse.

Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Blood can be red, but also multiple other colors including black. Dark sun means it's black and proves a dark/black moon which is the color of blood.

Acts 2:20 came out earlier in the timeline I didn’t post. Look at the verse, it’s one of the ones that says what the sun and moon will do “before” the day of the Lord comes.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but the suns light is diminished by a third in that verse and the moons light is diminished by a third.

That's a different time than the 6th seal events of the black sun plus nothing about the moon being the color of blood there/

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Fully dark.

Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

Only a third darkened. These events do not happen anywhere near the same time.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:20 came out earlier in the timeline I didn’t post. Look at the verse, it’s one of the ones that says what the sun and moon will do “before” the day of the Lord comes.

I already addressed that but let's just stick to the 6th seal and what it says. The issue is deciding what color blood is for the moon if the sun stops shining.

Right now, if the sun went fully dark, what color would the moon be?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a different time than the 6th seal events of the black sun plus nothing about the moon being the color of blood there/

Yes, it’s a different time.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Fully dark.

Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

Only a third darkened. These events do not happen anywhere near the same time.

Oh yeah, that would be a second and later blood red moon! But yes, that was my point. The one verse I gave earlier said “before” the terrible day of the Lord, and the other verse said immediately “after” that tribulation.

But I think you’re looking at “black like sackcloth” a little too rigidly. The sun turns black during a total solar eclipse but ALL light is not lost because the sun is still behind what has eclipsed it and light still radiates from behind. It greatly diminishes the suns light but doesn’t completely blot all sunlight. In fact, if you stare at the eclipse, the light still radiating from behind can burn an image on your retina that never goes away.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
upload_2022-11-3_21-55-27.jpeg

This is what it looks like. The sun appears black, but the sun is still there and some light is still radiating from behind the eclipse.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it’s a different time.

Oh yeah, that would be a second and later blood red moon! But yes, that was my point. The one verse I gave earlier said “before” the terrible day of the Lord, and the other verse said immediately “after” that tribulation.

But I think you’re looking at “black like sackcloth” a little too rigidly. The sun turns black during a total solar eclipse but ALL light is not lost because the sun is still behind what has eclipsed it and light still radiates from behind.

The prophecies are not that the sun will be blocked by something. All suns in the universe will stop shining.

Amos 5:20 Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

Is:13:9:
Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. (KJV)
Is:13:10:
For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine. (KJV)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already addressed that but let's just stick to the 6th seal and what it says. The issue is deciding what color blood is for the moon if the sun stops shining.

Right now, if the sun went fully dark, what color would the moon be?

Oh geez, I have no idea. I don’t know if a really, really clear night with lots of bright stars might…make it look like a…gray plop or smudge of some sort? Like…it would at least look like a space where no stars appeared to be. Um…I wonder where earth would…go to. No wait…the sun would still BE there and still keep us in orbit…lol, I’m an idiot, I thought for a sec we would just drift away until we came to something bigger than us to pull us into its orbit. I wonder how long it would take to freeze to death…would the hot core of earth keep that from happening for a little while…? For the brief time we would live, we would actually sleep during the day and be up when the stars were out, I’m guessing? Also guessing we would freeze to death long before we ran out of canned food? Okay wait…tsk! Nix on the sleeping during the day, we would still have electricity, right? And with electricity, could we grow anything indoors? I think we could with one of those lights, don’t know what you call them…what about hydroponically too?
Oh my gosh, I don’t even remember what your question was, please don’t ask me a question ever again that might explode my brain.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophecies are not that the sun will be blocked by something. All suns in the universe will stop shining.

Amos 5:20 Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. (KJV)
For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine. (KJV)

You’re actually making some assumptions there that aren’t coming from scripture. It just says the sun will be darkened. I make the assumption it’s light will be blocked by something and you make the assumption that it will kinda turn off completely.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re actually making some assumptions there that aren’t coming from scripture. It just says the sun will be darkened. I make the assumption it’s light will be blocked by something and you make the assumption that it will kinda turn off completely.

In yours, only one part of the world sees an eclipse, while the rest of the world sees the sun normally and even during an eclipse, the sun is still shining just at a reduced amount. My view is in line with all the prophecies, many that say all the natural light sources will stop shining such as all the stars. An eclipse cannot work and best of all, the moon isn't red during an eclipse because the part that faces us won't be able to reflect the suns light so it is dark even in your interpretation.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joel:3:13:
Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great. (KJV)
Joel:3:14:
Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. (KJV)
Joel:3:15:
The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. (KJV)

The subject is the Lord's day and how near it is, and then it proceeds to tell us of that day. Also take note that all stars stop shining. It's not just our star/sun. The entire universe will have no light. No light means no redness will be seen so rule out a "blood moon" and any idea of a lunar eclipse.

Zephaniah 1:14
The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
Zephaniah 1:15
That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

The subject is the Lord's day and how near it is, and then it proceeds to tell us of that dark, dark day.

Not only our sun, but all suns in the heavens will stop shining!

The subject is the Lord's day and how near it is, and then it proceeds to tell us of that day.

Joe_2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

Joe_3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

Again, all suns will stop shining.

This is a complete darkening of the sun and moon, not a partial darkening as a third but totally darkened and not showing any light. This is not a darkness due to something such as "smoke" blocking the light.

Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
Amos 5:19 As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.

Amos 8:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:

Matthew 27:45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

It was dark during the day when Christ died, and it shall be dark again when he returns.

A red moon has no scriptural importance, sorry. I know its exciting to hear of red moons, and how they might signify special meanings and might indicate the endtimes are now or soon....but they don't :(

The moon is not going to be red when Christ returns. It will be completely dark as all stars and suns everywhere shall be.
What of the lights in the expanse, when the stars were made as well.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh geez, I have no idea. I don’t know if a really, really clear night with lots of bright stars might…make it look like a…gray plop or smudge of some sort?

It sure won't be shining bright red like Rudolf's nose! :)