Poll: "ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders"; true?

• Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have my view but would rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't seen them wearing earrings like that in Church either, well that's a good thing at least haha.

And yeah that's great, I have been watching online services together with my parents, since I still live with my parents.
I lived with my mother until August of 1963, just 4 months short of my 20th birthday when I joined the US Army. After my 3 years active duty I was back with her on and off when I attending college in California [some in Germany, some in Mexico]. I was 28 when I got married and never lived with my mother again. I've been with my wife continuously since then... Now all of that is behind us. Our children and some of our grandchildren are out on their own already... Time is flying by...

Reactions: Josho

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're not the only one to notice & generally I believe you are right. To me it is like encouraging people to drink a large bottle of wine because it [a little?] might be good for their ailing stomachs; or to tell someone to swallow whole bottle of pain pills to relieve a slight tension headache.

Exaggeration? Certainly, but that is the point.

I have certainly seen mud slinging fests on some threads here supposedly about the things of God that were worse. They call each other names, but it's for the glory of God, right?

We may point out the problem, but if it is OK with moderators and people want to participate in it, what is the alternative? Another better forum? I really doubt that there is such a thing. I have been on a lot of them and the ones where there was no trouble usually were dead or dying. We can only do what we can do. No arm twisting allowed!
Hello my friend. I would be the absolute last person to deny Farouk, or anyone else, the right and freedom to express his views. On the same token, if we are going to disagree with them, we need a sound biblical reason for doing so and be not simply shooting from the hip just to be obnoxious or intimidating. Also, the freedom extended to some needs to be extended to all.
I just happen to feel rather passionate on this subject and I care for the welfare of others coming here and being exposed to compromise and less than ideal standards being upheld. That said, I am not the standard nor am I the arbiter of it. The Bible alone is our standard. And when u read that we are not to be a party to the world, I believe it. Notwithstanding others' reading of those same verses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And in answer to the original question in the OP, are earrings acceptable now to both genders... Well of course they are. But that question I would suggest is merely a cover for blatant promotion, as indicated in the following, an which are repeats ad infinitum of the same parkway traveled previously...
At the small local church where my wife and I attend, already a while ago it seemed that a majority of the young men/boys would typically wear earrings to church;

It's a really nice step — memorable for him — to help a young man along in taking — a son or grandson, maybe — to give him earrings. Particularly if he's never worn any before but has been thinking about doing it, if he wants to go for it and would appreciate a bit of encouragement to do it.

if a Godly young man really wants to pierce his ears, he should do it confidently, in a matter of fact

Reactions: amadeus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in answer to the original question in the OP, are earrings acceptable now to both genders... Well of course they are. But that question I would suggest is merely a cover for blatant promotion, as indicated in the following, an which are repeats ad infinitum of the same parkway traveled previously...
Amen.

The way does not seem right at all to Bible believing Christians abiding IN CHRIST JESUS.

"There IS a way that SEEMS RIGHT (to canral men), but the END THEREOF IS DEATH"

For those who sins a sin NOT UNTO DEATH, pray;
"I do not say to pray for those who sin a SIN UNTO DEATH".....

"Tozer Devotional | Sin and Death
Tozer Devotional | Sin and Death
The apostle also warns us that death is one of sin's fearful consequences. Sin came into the world and brought death with it. The soul that sins will die. So the Bible declares. Another thing we see in the Hebrews Scripture earlier quoted is that God has a very simple way of dealing with sin. God terminates sin in death!
"

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I would be the absolute last person to deny Farouk, or anyone else, the right and freedom to express his views. On the same token, if we are going to disagree with them, we need a sound biblical reason for doing so and be not simply shooting from the hip just to be obnoxious or intimidating.
Exodus 21:6 Lexicon: then his master shall bring him to God, then he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him permanently.
Deuteronomy 15:17 Lexicon: then you shall take an awl and pierce it through his ear into the door, and he shall be your servant forever. Also you shall do likewise to your maidservant.
Why Did Bondslaves Have Their Ear Pierced? - ONE FOR ISRAEL Ministry
which does not address the point as well as id like, but asking oneself "why am i getting my ear pierced?" will ID "the master" there i guess. Remember it is for life, irrevocable i guess

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my friend. I would be the absolute last person to deny Farouk, or anyone else, the right and freedom to express his views. On the same token, if we are going to disagree with them, we need a sound biblical reason for doing so and be not simply shooting from the hip just to be obnoxious or intimidating. Also, the freedom extended to some needs to be extended to all.
I just happen to feel rather passionate on this subject and I care for the welfare of others coming here and being exposed to compromise and less than ideal standards being upheld. That said, I am not the standard nor am I the arbiter of it. The Bible alone is our standard. And when u read that we are not to be a party to the world, I believe it. Notwithstanding others' reading of those same verses.
I know as you do that he and others have the 'right' to do these things, but that does not automatically equal approval in the eyes of God. In and of ourselves we may do a lot of things against which we have no personal conviction, but we always also need to be very aware of the influence, positive or negative, we have on others around us. Sometimes I know that ahead of time we don't even recognize that what we are doing is putting a stumbling block in front of someone else. When we become aware, we cannot fail to adjust ourselves as well as we are able. God will help us in this also if we really lean on Him heavily.

Reactions: Brakelite

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no issue with anyone wanting wedding rings. My issue is with a professed Christian who spends a great deal of energy time and focus on promoting worldly ideas and practices on a Christian forum and claiming it to be in harmony with scripture. And he has been doing that for the entire time he has been a member here. I'm surprised I'm the only one who's noticed.

By the way. I'm not the one who brought up wedding rings. Trying to paint me as the legalist is I guess the only option when there is no other argument.
I brought it up to see if you're consistent. I don't think you are. How can you go on about cultural things saying they are things of the world that Christians should avoid while saying weddings are okay when they have pagan roots?

You are inconsistent the way Paul is at times. What are "things of the world" anyway? That's vague, open to interpretation. Yet when it came down to it, Paul said it was okay to eat meat from animals sacrificed to idols-- a practice condemned by the Apostles in Acts and by John later in Revelation. Who gets to be the authority to decide which things are of this world and which aren't? Me? You? Paul?

I say Christians should not be controlled by any "thing."

If you believe the Bible is the standard, why talk about things never mentioned in the Bible?
Ear rings, nose rings, nipple piercing, whole body tattoos, cosmetics, fashionable clothing, all manner of jewelry, rock music, tobacco, cannabis, wine and beer, of course a young man or young woman can entertain all these things and remain a Godly person. Yeah, it's only the religious who believe Christians should be different from those of the world. Let's all be the same!!! Yay! Preach it Farouk!!!
Saying someone is compromising is a sly way of condemning. Compromising what? In what way should Christians be different from the world?

If a man went out and bought himself fancy earrings, noserings, jewelry or even shoes while his wife and children went hungry, I wouldn't criticize him on account of the things. I'd take him aside and urge him to care more about his family than how he looks.

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

There is no written set of rules able to apply in all circumstances. The laws of Moses were good since they applied in 99% of the time; but there is that 1% when the right thing to do is break the written law and obey the law written on the heart. The Law of Moses was given to a people with uncircumcised hearts -- written rules are good for people who lack the guidance of the pure and loving heart. The goal was to write the Living Law in the heart; and then Israel would no longer need the written laws.

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Gentiles can have the Living Law written in their hearts without going through the phase of the Law of Moses.

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )

According to Paul, just getting married is caring about the things of the world if you read him that way.

1 Corinthians 7:32 But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

Reactions: Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Too many visitors don't realize how many holes the ship has in its hull..... they get 'tricked' into thinking they can find a 'safe harbor' for truth, for their minds and souls to find rest and fellowship, not seeing ahead of time the great deceptions and dangers .... then leaving bcause it is so bad, or staying and getting muddy.... or worse, searing their consciences.....

The small groups of people getting together to talk about God in truth, see in Malachi, and in the New Testament Examples in God's Word, then look for those in real daily life - in person, not on the internet..... seek out those who are faithful and true, as written, and when (if) you find them, stick with them as long as God Permits.
Thank-you for mentioning Malachi; indeed, I started a thread on it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I haven't seen them wearing earrings like that in Church either, well that's a good thing at least haha.

And yeah that's great, I have been watching online services together with my parents, since I still live with my parents.
@Josho Everyone is different; at the small conservative local church where my wife and I have attended for a while, most of the young men/boys in attendance seemed habitually to wear earrings and no one — no one — has tried to "theologize" this to become supposedly inappropriate.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Over the years I have had only a handful of friends [not on the Internet] who were also really striving to serve God. I have loved it when I had one. My last one was a friend for many years, but I was his only friend though he had many acquaintances. People did not like him... only tolerating him. He died 3-1-2020 at the age of 68. He fell out of a tree, something that as a tree trimmer he had done many times over the years, but this time it was over.

Finding people, even in churches, who enjoy drinking a cup of coffee and talking about God the things of God and praying together, is not easy. They want to talk about sports or politics or anything but God. I still have a connection with my old pastor, but although I am his only real friend, being 18 years my senior [he's 94] it is not quite the same thing for me although I do try. Now with this virus thing the connection is limited to phone calls. He has never had the Internet and wouldn't know what to do with it if he did.
Give God the glory!
Sorry for the recent loss of your Christian friend. May his memory and testimony be blessed.

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Romans 14:13-15 Amplified Bible (AMP)
rather determine this—not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block or a source of temptation in another believer’s way.

I know and am convinced [as one] in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean [ritually defiled, and unholy] in itself; but [nonetheless] it is unclean to anyone who thinks it is unclean.

If your brother is being hurt or offended because of food [that you insist on eating], you are no longer walking in love [toward him].

Do not let what you eat destroy and spiritually harm one for whom Christ died.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
Good verses to remember.

Another word in New Testament Greek which comes to mind is 'diabolos', which means 'false accuser', which I too must take care to avoid, especially if it involves something subjective and cultural.

Reactions: Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning promoting sin, or ever profiting or trying to profit from it.
Including causing other to stumble.....

God’s judgment is absolutely just

12-13 All who have sinned without knowledge of the Law will die without reference to the Law;
======================================================

16-17 We were not following a cleverly written-up story when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ—we actually saw his majesty with our own eyes. He received honour and glory from God the Father himself when that voice said to him, out of the sublime glory of Heaven, ‘This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased’.

18-19 We actually heard that voice speaking from Heaven while we were with him on the sacred mountain. The word of prophecy was fulfilled in our hearing! You should give that word your closest attention, for it shines like a lamp amidst all the dirt and darkness of the world, until the day dawns, and the morning star rises in your hearts.

False prophets will flourish, but only for a time
20-21 But you must understand this at the outset, that no prophecy of scripture arose from an individual’s interpretation of the truth.

No prophecy came because a man wanted it to: men of God spoke because they were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
The New Testament in Modern English by J.B Phillips copyright © 1960, 1972 J. B. Phillips. Administered by The Archbishops’ Council of the Church of England. Used by Permission.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my friend. I would be the absolute last person to deny xuyz, or anyone else, the right and freedom to express his views. On the same token, if we are going to disagree with them, we need a sound biblical reason for doing so and be not simply shooting from the hip just to be obnoxious or intimidating. Also, the freedom extended to some needs to be extended to all.
Amen.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Concerning promoting sin, or ever profiting or trying to profit from it.
Including causing other to stumble.....

God’s judgment is absolutely just

12-13 All who have sinned without knowledge of the Law will die without reference to the Law;
======================================================

16-17 We were not following a cleverly written-up story when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ—we actually saw his majesty with our own eyes. He received honour and glory from God the Father himself when that voice said to him, out of the sublime glory of Heaven, ‘This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased’.

18-19 We actually heard that voice speaking from Heaven while we were with him on the sacred mountain. The word of prophecy was fulfilled in our hearing! You should give that word your closest attention, for it shines like a lamp amidst all the dirt and darkness of the world, until the day dawns, and the morning star rises in your hearts.

False prophets will flourish, but only for a time
20-21 But you must understand this at the outset, that no prophecy of scripture arose from an individual’s interpretation of the truth.

No prophecy came because a man wanted it to: men of God spoke because they were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
The New Testament in Modern English by J.B Phillips copyright © 1960, 1972 J. B. Phillips. Administered by The Archbishops’ Council of the Church of England. Used by Permission.
Good verses there; as I said to @Josho , at the small conservative local church where my wife and I have attended for a while, most of the young men/boys in attendance seemed habitually to wear earrings and no one — no one — has tried to "theologize" this to become supposedly inappropriate.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For observant readers: God's Word is not subjective, nor cultural. God's Word is Truth. Jesus Praises the Father for REVEALING this (everything concerning SALVATION)
to little children,
and for hiding this from (so-called) educated ones.

especially if it involves something subjective and cultural.