Pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, or no rapture at all...does it really matter?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EricaAnn

Aug 9, 2017
Southeast Washington State
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a bit surprised by some of the exchanges I have been reading here in this fellowship of Believers. In the end, it really doesn't matter who is right, wrong, mistaken, or on point. It only matters if you are a Believer, and daily offer up your life to Him! Just sayin.

Erica

Reactions: breathofdesire

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a bit surprised by some of the exchanges I have been reading here in this fellowship of Believers. In the end, it really doesn't matter who is right, wrong, mistaken, or on point. It only matters if you are a Believer, and daily offer up your life to Him! Just sayin.

Erica
Indeed. Here, as in all of Christendom, sides are taken where there are no sides, only misguided beliefs and those who defend them, and the truth and those who defend it. So many squabble over what they do not know, simply based on what they have been taught by those who have been taught by those who never knew the truth to begin with. And yet...the truth is clearly written.

"Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, And seeing you will see and not perceive;"

Reactions: Copperhead and pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Erica

Amen! Very true. :)
Maybe is we all say it enough times to each other it will finally sink in. Like I said before...the only qualification we need is , to be ready. Living as the Lord called us to live...then, if there is a rapture event, we are ready. If there is no rapture even and we have to stand in the midst of great tribulation...we are ready. ✟

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Erica
Yes, but HOW one believes does matter. Many go TO the cross and then no further. They may be saved, but they won't be living in the victory Jesus gained for us while we are still here on the earth, and how are they supposed to bear fruit to the Lord ? Someone misleading The Lords children IS a big deal, as Jesus said to the Pharisees when they asked Him if they too were blind? He said :" Because you say you KNOW, your sin remains with you." They were leading many away from God while they were thinking that they were the top of God's people, and believe me, we need the input of Jesus now, just as much as they did then. The Pharisees were studying the scriptures all the time, they were spoon fed it growing up, and still they managed to completely miss the time they had been reading about all those years. Not much has changed really, we still have humans trying to put themselves or their particular church above the Lord, and that just won't do. How on earth are unbelievers ever going to believe Christians if all they see is them biting and devouring one another, and being divided into God only knows how many different doctrines........We are supposed to be here for the lost, not to argue over scriptures and doctrines of men.
I do know where you are coming from, believing is the main thing in order to come to Him, but we are not supposed to park ourselves there, we are supposed to go on to KNOWING Him, in the power of His resurrection......
Blessings Pia

Reactions: Job and Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end, it really doesn't matter who is right, wrong, mistaken, or on point.

I respectfully disagree.

Matthew 15
13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

Just saying...

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I like to refer to myself as a Pan-Tribulationist... it will all pan out the way God wants it. I have my own particular views, and healthy debate can refine those views and show which ideas one holds are solid and which need to be tossed. If nothing else, it makes me do my research.

I read where you are coming from Erica. But it is somewhat important that we have some grasp on things. There is always a risk that a position one holds could in fact be impugning the character of the God we claim to place our trust in. And if we don't stand for something, we risk falling for anything. How we go about discussing those issues speaks volumes about ourselves. That can be humbling sometimes.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is no secret that there is nothing new under the sun. People of every generation throughout all of history (His story) can manage to invent the wheel, cure diseases, and fly to the moon, but have made little or no improvement in our ability to get along. But don't you see...that this is by design?

How else would God's plan include equal opportunity for all generations to face the consequences of our own evil shortcomings and fairly make a choice?

And for this reason, we need not be troubled beyond what we face each day. It's the little things really, that we should be most concerned with - God has the big stuff covered.

Be of good cheer - Christ has overcome the world!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but HOW one believes does matter. Many go TO the cross and then no further. They may be saved, but they won't be living in the victory Jesus gained for us while we are still here on the earth, and how are they supposed to bear fruit to the Lord ?
Excellent, especially at the point, "they supposed to bear fruit to the Lord". the Lord himself gave a teaching on this, "the talents". Matthew 25:14 to verse 30 and read verses, 28 & 30 close. but the whole chapter is worth reading.

be blessed

Reactions: Truth and pia

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Erica
I think that Paul says it best too.

Galatians 5:15 NIV
If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I think that Paul says it best too.

Galatians 5:15 NIV
If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.
THEN WHY are you HERE??
Pray tell.

Why don't YOU stop devouring some here and just pray and read your bible and stay off forums???

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Erica
Gee Erica,

Are you saying I could believe whatever I want to and still be called a Christian?
There are posters here who believe Jesus was not BORN GOD.

Does Christianity have certain beliefs which must be held to or not?
Or do we just sing Gumbaya and stay happily watching as Christianity goes down the proverbial tube.